Open letter to Skyboss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skyking1976 said:
Then talk about what you definitely know as facts. And if you had a problem on other boards with people calling you a BSer because of your age you think you might have left it out of this one.

I started them on the day, but I don't want to lie and make people think I fly a citation with 200 hours they won't belive that either. I guess I could shut up and not say any thing about me. That's what I'll do if I join any other forums...........

FL717 said:
On behalf of the majority members of flight info, I have been nominated to pass this along to you.

While we appreciate your patronage, and applaud your intensity, it has come to our attention that you have been registered on this board just several days yet you have an average of 21 posts EACH DAY. You're like the little kid who was never loved or given attention at home, and now as an adult (if you're an adult) you talk the the longest, the loudest.. and never shut up.

Relax a little and let others talk. You don't have to post a reply to every thread out there. And while we all realize that you are this huge all knowing, all encompassing "player' in aviation, and you make more than us, and you have an in with all industry insider knowledge, and you have studied with the Dali Lama, and your wife is Morgan Fairchild... please... we're begging you...log off for a while.

You're annoying the sh!t out of just about all of us.

Hey... here's a little tip for you: Try and listen, and participate, and be a facilitator, not a masterb@tor.

Thank you.

Looks like Skyboss ruffled the feathers of quite a few aviation "status-quoers". Although I didn't read every one of his points and posts in the other thread, I do agree with some of his statements. I agree with Skyboss that many airline pilots are overpaid. The usual argument is that the difficulty of flying warrants a high salary. Sure, the job is difficult, but this is doesn't necessarily justify earning $150+k/year. Think about the cops, nurses, railroaders, etc. pulling midnight shifts, earning peanuts compared to airline pilots. Those are not easy jobs. Thus, I think we can agree that using the "difficulty" of a job to set salary is not logical.

The harsh truth is that your salary is determined by how valuable you are to a company. That value is determined by replacement cost. How difficult would it be to replace an airline pilot in today's market? Now ask yourself why airline pilots earn more than many doctors, surgeons and lawyers.

On the other hand, I agree that many regional pilots are underpaid. Of course, those pilots tolerate their rediculously low wages in order to one day earn the union-protected wages at the majors.

Last edited:
Skyking

get back to work..

MVT.

lol <just kidding>

HAHAHAHA... I'm still pi$$ed at you MVT, for me not winning anything at the company picnic last weekend...thanks for the free beer though! Come on down to the cube next to the Judi Glenn room after 2 PM and say hi!

SK

free beer and free rides..

werent good enough? how about the gift bag..lol

Gift bag? I didn't get any mother f@cking gift bag! Where were they giving them out? Or are you screwing with me again? Ah, he||. I've got to leave for work. Talk later....

SK

Citationkid said:
I started them on the day, but I don't want to lie and make people think I fly a citation with 200 hours they won't belive that either. I guess I could shut up and not say any thing about me. That's what I'll do if I join any other forums...........
Man, if only I had gotten to fly a jet when I was 14. :D The biggest thing I flew then was straight and level in my uncle's old beater 182.

You know what? I have no doubt that a few kids out there get to do this, and you may well be one of them. The only thing I'd suggest is that you not reveal who it is that your mom works for, you might get her into trouble by posting here that she lets you fly, even if with her.

Btw, we've got one customer here who's son got his private helicopter ticket a few months ago, and his fixed-wing ticket last year on his 17th birthday. He is working on his commercial in both the helicopter and CFI and plans to take both checkrides on his 18th birthday.

When I was 18, I was too busy chasing girls to do all this cool stuff! :D

Fly safe!

Re: Re: Open letter to Skyboss

secks said:
I agree with Skyboss that many airline pilots are overpaid.
Airline pilots are overpaid 99% of the time.

It is the 1% of the time when it all goes wrong when they are not paid nearly enough.

Latest resources

Back