• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

OFFICIAL! SkyWest In IAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
talked to my rep today, too.. as stated above, it's not a done deal by any means. but, also as noted above, suddenly it's not sounding as promising as it did originally.
something to do with the mou up north that states 'small turboprops' being 19 seaters.
we'll see how it goes.

i have to agree with Guppypuppy. i think it's already a done deal, and XJT folks are going to have to live with it. interview at skywest, or stay on the street. if i were in their (XJT pilots) shoes, i'd feel the same way.... (pissed off, that is)

looking at it from a skywest perspective....
everyone here interviewed and got hired without preference. i think back to all the skywest folks who got hired at DAL, UAL, etc.. in summer of '01, quit skywest, promptly got sent home on the 11th. some had quit a few days before the 11th and were not allowed to come back. they interviewed, got hired, went to the bottom of the list.... just like everyone else. see a pattern? granted, it sucked for those folks, but there would have been heII to pay if they were allowed to come back. no pilot at skywest would have stood for it, and we're talking long time friends here.

history repeats itself, furloughed XJT will have to interview like everyone else did. hopefully all will benefit from these procedings which we as pilots have little or no control over...

Sky folks,

I'm not pissed off about having to interview. I will do that. I CONCERNED that all of this flying may go to Skywest. I'm only upset at my company and union. But, let's wait and see.................

I’m sure the picture will become clearer as time goes on but I know that that Skywest will not sign off on a deal where they have no say on who flies for them.

Please don’t plan on a meet and greet interview. Skywest is very serious about it's hiring process and isn't going to hire any pilots that don't show that they really want to be here.

I was furloughed for 15 month and I know it isn’t fun. If you come prepared for a tough but fair interview, and a professional, upbeat attitude you will be flying before you know it. Skywest knows that there is a lot of gouge on their interview process out on the internet. They expect that you have done your research and come prepared.

I think Skywest is doing the right thing by offering preferential interviews to XJT guys but I also think that they have every right to interview and screen potential employees. Nobody wants to fly with someone that doesn't want to be here.

If you have a deep loyalty to XJT and want to have a career there or you don't see yourself being happy working for Skywest, please turn down the interview. You will only be wasting your time and those of the interview team.

If you were put on the street by economics and terrorist attacks, and you are willing and happy to work for a great airline, I’m sure that you will be happy working for Skywest.

I have a feeling that those that are offered jobs most will love working here. Some will go directly into the jet. Some with the time will be able to upgrade before the end of the year. Few if any would want to go back.

Last edited:
Don't think you're owed a job at SKW

METARzan

you've stated one of the best responses regarding this matter. Don't show up to a Skywest interview with the attitude that you deserve the job. We had a 7,000 hr pilot get the boot in my interview group who had just such an attitude. Prepare to work hard, but be rewarded. BTW, with Skywest, you will not be furloughed.

Skywest hires the best candidates to be their pilots. Those who think they are owed the job should not apply.

First you need to just relax with yo bad self. Nothing has been decided on and with people like you running your mouth like that our union CAN saush this whole deal. Yes they can.

We are not the ones to blame here it is CAL mainline managment. THEY decided that we would be all jet. THEY decided to sell us off. THEY are the ones who choose our routes and scedual our flights. THEY are the ones bringing you into IAH. Those flights BELONG to XJET. We have been doing them for years. Now CAL decides that we should not do them anymore and to farm them out to a CHEEPER airline. Kind of sounds like what you guys went through in DWF hu? Some might have forgoten the 12 aircraft that were at Comair before the strike and somehow have yet to return.

We will let our union work for us. We will let them get the best deal possible. But those jobs belong to us. You are being welcomed by managment to fly OUR routes. Your words of advise srike a nerve with the XJT pilots and the especialy the furloughed pilots who used to fly those routes. I suggest we all wait to see what the union says about the interview or else YOU will not be welcomed by the pilots.

Thank you for the phonics lesson. I will keep that in mind.

Ownership of a route.....well lets see. We used to be owned by the company, but now they have sold us off and are trying to find a chEAper way to do the flying. Do you think that the tickets will go down because your flying 120's instead of Jets. Heck no. We have pilots on the street and have turned down A/C deliveries. Plus we are still paying for A/C sitting in the desert.

So if this isn't a way for CAL to get the job done a chEAper way than what is it?

mckpickle said:
First you need to just relax with yo bad self. Nothing has been decided on and with people like you running your mouth like that our union CAN saush this whole deal. Yes they can.

We are not the ones to blame here it is CAL mainline managment. THEY decided that we would be all jet. THEY decided to sell us off. THEY are the ones who choose our routes and scedual our flights. THEY are the ones bringing you into IAH. Those flights BELONG to XJET. We have been doing them for years. Now CAL decides that we should not do them anymore and to farm them out to a CHEEPER airline. Kind of sounds like what you guys went through in DWF hu? Some might have forgoten the 12 aircraft that were at Comair before the strike and somehow have yet to return.

We will let our union work for us. We will let them get the best deal possible. But those jobs belong to us. You are being welcomed by managment to fly OUR routes. Your words of advise srike a nerve with the XJT pilots and the especialy the furloughed pilots who used to fly those routes. I suggest we all wait to see what the union says about the interview or else YOU will not be welcomed by the pilots.

Could you tell me how your situation is any different than when COEx took over mainline CO routes? Or, how is it different from when SKYW took over mainline UA and DL routes? Should the pilots at UA and DL have demanded that the new jobs at SKYW and ACA BELONG to them?

Re-read my post on page two of this thread.

And mcpickle, do you think that it is even remotely possible that there is one pilot at COEx who was turned down at SKYW? If so, why should they be automatically hired at SKYW? Do you think that it is even remotely possible that there is one pilot who is furloughed from COEx that does not fit into the SKYW business model? And do you think that it is remotely possible that the style of person both SKYW and COEx look for could differ just a little bit?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions then you should be able to see why the COEx pilots would need to go through an interview process at SKYW.

We'll see what happens.

GP

Alright ... let's try and keep this somewhat civil gentlemen. I know that is a tough thing to ask for, but bear with me a sec.

First of all, as an employee of Skywest, I'd like to say that the "interview advice" clearly could have waited. Although the advice offered may have been intended to help, I think in this case it just added salt to an already painful wound.

Second, XJET guys, I know that some other operator flying these routes is a tough pill to swallow. But at some point we may have to realize that there are some things that are out of our control. As far as the ownership of routes goes ... well we beat this topic to death in another post already, but we need to face the fact that our industry is in flux and things will not remain unchanged.

Anyway, I hope that whatever happens we can all benefit from it.

Flame Away, MKAY!

Latest resources

Back