Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

realitycheck

Here's an excerpt from a company email-

"Effective August 1st, Houston, Texas (IAH) will become the next EMB120 domicile. Initially, the base will consist of approximately 10 crews and 2 aircraft. The base will grow to approximately 45 crews and 9 aircraft by years end. We will begin flying into two cities from Houston in July, which will require to TDY from other domiciles."

There you have it!

maddog805- I'm strong enough to admit that I was completely wrong. Although I believe my conclusion was plausible given the circumstances... so backoff sizzlechest :)

IAH here I come!

I'm lost. Who is going to be flying these E120's? Will there be Skywest Capt's and Calex Fo's? Will it be all Skywest? Will there be a deal like Commutair's in CLE? No one has really stated who will fly what.

Bye Bye--General Lee:confused: ;) :rolleyes:

news release

SkyWest Airlines Announces a New Code-Sharing Partnership with Continental Airlines
May 19, 2003 1:18:00 PM ET

ST. GEORGE, Utah, May 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- SkyWest Airlines, a subsidiary of SkyWest, Inc. SKYW, announces that they have signed an agreement with Continental Airlines to supply the carrier with regional airline feed into their Houston hub. These communities will be announced by Continental at a later date.

"Continental is a solid airline that is dedicated to weathering the challenges facing the aviation industry today," said SkyWest Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Ron Reber. "We have certainly strengthened SkyWest's stability with this new code-sharing agreement, and we look forward to a long and productive partnership with Continental."

SkyWest will fly under the Continental Connection banner, and their service will feature the Brasilia EMB-120 turbo-prop aircraft. The 30-passenger aircraft features single and paired seating for passenger comfort. With cruising speeds of more than 340 MPH, overhead storage compartments, and flight attendant service, the Brasilia ensures a fast, comfortable flight for its passengers.

Continental Airlines is the world's seventh-largest airline and has more than 2,000 daily departures serving 131 domestic and 93 international destinations.

SkyWest Airlines is the nation's largest independently operated regional carrier and carried 8.23 million passengers last year. SkyWest was recognized by the Department of Transportation as the number one on-time domestic airline for the month of February and March. They currently operate as Delta Connection and United Express carriers under a marketing agreement with Delta Air Lines and United Airlines respectively. SkyWest serves a total of 98 cities in 29 states and two Canadian provinces and has more than 1,000 daily departures.

This press release and information on SkyWest can be accessed at www.skywest.com .

© 2003 PRNewswire

Back to Recent News

General Lee said:
I'm lost. Who is going to be flying these E120's? Will there be Skywest Capt's and Calex Fo's? Will it be all Skywest? Will there be a deal like Commutair's in CLE? No one has really stated who will fly what.

Bye Bye--General Lee:confused: ;) :rolleyes:

I am sure SkyWest has that figured out.

They are overstaffed by almost 250 pilots.

Patience...Stay tuned...

Later...:cool:

Splert,

Thanks for giving me the answer. Sure, Skywest has 150 or so extra pilots, but Calex has 350 furloughs. I know that Skywest will be a "Continental Connection" and that is not part of "Expressjet"--which is sort of a different entity. But, I believe the Expressjet people have a contract that states certain things, and I believe that that was a factor in the Commutair deal in CLE. For those of you who wonder why I care? My brother's girlfriend is a Calex furlough.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: :confused: ;)

COEX to CA to SKYW?

is it possible, then, that a COEX furloughee who recently took a job at CommutAir could now be hired by SkyWest, or at least given a preferrential interview?

crazy

Latest resources

Back