• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

OFFICIAL! SkyWest In IAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone heard anything about how junior IAH will be?

Another thought ...

If we are truly overstaffed, I doubt that the 45 crews forecast to be in service by the end of the year will create a need to hire.

Regardless, its good news to my ears!! :D :D :D

Once again the speculation continues. Nobody really knows the details of what agreements were worked out, and if XJTs ALPA contract really had any effect on what SkyWest does. But we do know this...at least a formal announcement has finally been made about the service, and the SkyWest bid announcement says this:

"Bids for Houston EMB120 position will be accepted beginning today, May 19, 2003 through May 27, 2003. Bid awards will be posted..."

So it looks like SkyWest crews will initially be doing the flying, but nobody on this board knows what the future holds for hiring as far as the SkW poolies and furloughed XJT guys are concerned. Instead of starting another gripefest, why don't we just wait and see what else is announced later on? Hey, it's just an idea.

Originally posted by General Lee

Thanks for giving me the answer. Sure, Skywest has 150 or so extra pilots, but Calex has 350 furloughs. I know that Skywest will be a "Continental Connection" and that is not part of "Expressjet"--which is sort of a different entity. But, I believe the Expressjet people have a contract that states certain things, and I believe that that was a factor in the Commutair deal in CLE. For those of you who wonder why I care? My brother's girlfriend is a Calex furlough.

According to CAL ALPA the terms of the flying is still being discussed, no deal yet. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Skyward, you continue to mystify us all!

Keep on rockin', man.

Splert,

You said this would benefit CAL pilots. So, Furloughed 737 pilots at Cal would go to FO on the E120 at IAH? I would think they would rather go to CALEX and fly left seat on the ERJ? That doesn't make sense. I would think the FO seats should be given to CALEX furloughed pilots since they are the ones getting the shaft here. It was my understanding that the pilots at CALEX had the right to decide the approval of another codeshare---in their contract. I would hope the union people at CALEX or CAL would take that into consideration. They offered the same to Commutair, and I would think Skywest would atleast take the same deal. But I do have a question. If Skywest allowed CALEX furloughed pilots to fly FO on their E120's as a part of a deal with Continental, would they have to give up their senority at Calex? I thought Skywest mandated that everyone give up their senority numbers? If Continental were making up the rules for this codeshare, I doubt that they would allow Skywest to do that. That would be a first for Skywest.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: ;) :p ;) :rolleyes:

"Bids for Houston EMB120 position will be accepted beginning today, May 19, 2003 through May 27, 2003. Bid awards will be posted..."

Seems to me this deal is done. Unless you have a way of putting your bid in by the 27th, I don't think you'll be doing this flying. So all of this banter about no deal unless CALALPA approves it was just wishful thinking.

We are waiting patiently for our union to respond. I will say however that this deal, whatever it is, is not for CAL pilots. There were only about 60 pilots from CAL who got furloughed to the street. The rest went to EJT and are flying as captains. And no one would have to give up a seniority number. The rest we shall just wait and see.

By the way Rogue5 CAL ALPA thought the SkyWest press release was irresponsible.

How's that? How would you have had this thing come out that would have pleased you?

Latest resources

Back