• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

OFFICIAL! SkyWest In IAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rogue5, the tone of my posts are not meant to be combative, I’m just trying to give my point of view. If CAL ALPA tells me there’s no deal then I believe there is no deal. CAL ALPA is supposed to release something in the next couple of days, I believe that will tell the story. Until then I will wait and see. Next time your in IAH I’ll buy ya a beer. I’m sure we could find something to talk about. :D

Cheers!

'Nuff said.

Take it easy my friend and enjoy the view!

I'll weigh in here too. Like Skyward and Pickle- I'm just waiting for the final word from our union. Press releases still don't put me back in the sky. However, I'm assuming this deal is no different that the CLE CommutAir deal- it only makes sense. Our union has been through this once before and would settle for little less. If they do, I'll be shocked. My opinion....

Flying will be done by Furloughed XJT pilots.

Preferrential Interview will be nothing more than meet n' great

XJT Pilots will be "new hires" so to speak.

When XJT resumes recalls, the Skywest guys return

If enough Skywest pilots bid for the IAH flying, the XJT guys may have to take leftovers at other bases.

Anyway, I've been on my can for 18 months so what do I know. Gordo and CAL could shock me once again, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. Anyway, I think the agreement will be good for both parties. I hope to meet some of you SKY guys soon!

I'll bet a six-pack that no one will leave SkyWest to go back to Xjet if/when recalled. Skyward...you in????

Also, that would really suck for those who get hired here not to get based in IAH. Summers in SBA, SBP, MRY are really brutal, hope that they would be able to manage. :cool:

Mookie

If the agreement is anything like the one with CommutAir, I doubt the furloughed pilots will be allowed to stay on at Skywest after being recalled. Eventhough many of them would love to. I guess we'll all just wait and see.

Again, if the agreement is anything like the one at CommutAir Skywest's problem of overstaffing should have absolutely nothing to do with this agreement. Any positions created by this new flying should go to furloughed xjt/cal pilots. The burden to fix Skywest's overstaffed condition should fall on Skywest, not CAL/XJT or their furloughed pilots.

According to a previous post, there may be an eventual need for 45 crews in IAH. Those 90 new positions should be filled by furloughed pilots, IMHO. Skywest pilots may be able to bid and fill the IAH domicile now, but regardless of where they go in the system furloughed pilots should fill those 90 new seats.

No. Sorry if I was unclear.

Not at all. All I am saying is that any new pilot positions (90 new F.O.s, for example) that become available at Skywest because of this agreement should be available to furloughed XJT/CAL pilots.

At the very least, I believe that these pilots should be hired on at the bottom of the Skywest seniority list and be able to bid for their domicile just like anyone else. In seniority order.

It seems very clear that these pilots' opportunities for recall diminish any time another carrier performs flying for CAL. Especially from their own hubs. While XJT management has decided that prop flying is not for them, why should the furloughed pilots suffer an extended furlough due to growth at Skywest?

Does that clarify my position? I mean absolutely no disrespect to Skywest, their pilots, or the people in the pool at Skywest. This seems like the closest thing to a fair resolution. No one currently at Skywest loses anything and no furloughed pilot is any worse off than before in the short-term.

sounds great to me... We are all in it for the best of everyone... We are essentially all on the same team... Take care all...

Hope to see you all soon...

Latest resources

Back