• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
Splert,

You said this would benefit CAL pilots.

Nope not even close.

I typed what a buddy told me the SkyWest OP's VP told him.

We will wait and see.

Personally, I would like to here it from CO.

See ya later man...:cool:

JBcrjca -

Instead of starting another gripefest, why don't we just wait and see what else is announced later on? Hey, it's just an idea.

Well, nice try anyway!

:eek:

Originally posted by Rogue5

How's that? How would you have had this thing come out that would have pleased you?

The person I spoke to thought it was irresponsible because CAL ALPA has not agreed to anything yet, so according to him SkyWest jumped the gun. As far as how I would like it to turn out has nothing to do with a SkyWest press release. Kind of funny that CAL hasn’t put out any press releases, I guess they are more familiar with the process. Once again lets just wait and see.

If you fellow employees would have taken the time to read the Q&A on SWOL you would have seen that the deal is that SkyWest will offer interview opportinities to fourloughed COEX pilots but if hired they will be treated as new hires.

If you fellow employees would have taken the time to read the Q&A on SWOL you would have seen that the deal is that SkyWest will offer interview opportinities to fourloughed COEX pilots but if hired they will be treated as new hires.

Actually, this is an ongoing debate. Not too sure if you have been following the "Skywest + Continental = Love" post, FLYNKED, but the vast majority of us ARE aware of what management has said on our internal message boards. The debate is over the difference of that message, and what CAL ALPA has been saying ..

;)

M'KAY!!!

Looks like a duck, walks, talks, etc...

You know Skyward, this codeshare is going to create a lot more interaction between, CAL, XJET, and SkyWest employees in the very near future, especially considering the fact that it appears that some who were once XJET will now work for SkyWest. I would hope that your comments and hostility do not sour that interaction.

Everyone I have spoken with has nothing but good things to say about XJET, CAL, and the prospects for our companies to work together in the future. I know this board is a marketplace for individual ideas and feelings, but please know that your words do reflect upon the company you work for, and therefore all those who work for that company as well.

I personally look forward to seeing furloughed brothers and sisters flying again. I look forward to growth for not only my company but for those we codeshare with. I even might be so bold as to say I would look forward to running into you at a hotel bar and buying you a beer.

SOOOOOO... Long story short: Civility can sometimes be in short supply. Any reasonable person would agree that this deal is done. I know everyone on this side, and I imagine most on your side (probably 100% of the furloughs) think this is a good thing. I hope this won't degenerate into name-calling and other blame games...

When I said earlier that you contniue to mystify us it is because I cannot possible imagine how, in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, you sternly deny this reality. Looks like many pilots (on both sides) will be better off for it. Let's get on with it and get flying.

looks like cal is being "irresponsible" too, now, as they have announced the code share.
i'm starting to get the feeling that the sunshine cannon has been set to full-power here at exjet.

"SkyWest has agreed to hire qualified furloughed ExpressJet pilots to fill opportunities created by new service in Houston. These pilots, if hired, will enter SkyWest seniority as new hires and will be treated as such."

Not sure where this leaves the poolies...

Unclear as to whether the furloughed Emb jet drivers would get to return once COEX starts to grow again.... Can anyone tell me if COEX pilots will need to resign their seniority numbers?

Maybe flying for Skywest would be better in the end anyways if COEX continues to accept one-way/furloughed CAL pilots (bumping more COEX pilots off the line)? That's a load of CROCK!

no one is giving up a number at XJET. Lets just wait and see what this brings. I for one will not get Pi$$ed off just yet. But if they have to "interview" and if they pass get a job? That is unacceptable!

Latest resources

Back