OFFICIAL! SkyWest In IAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Relax.....

the details of who is doing what will take time. SkyWest provides a good product and the happy middle will find it way. BTW I thought Mesa would get EVERY single bit of new commuter flying, right? Proof positive that quality can win over shysters....PS Cab the SkyWset guys PLEASE have the former Mesa N numbers changed on their tails, everytime I see something that ends with YV, I get kinda teary eyed about what could have been :eek:>....

From SGU...

talked to a friend in SGU who is in the know about what's up with the CAL connection deal. he said that we will give preferential interviews to furloughed XJT pilots, however, it will be a real interview. with that said, some of the furloughed do not meet our hiring minimums of 1,000TT/100multi so will not be offered an interview. also, many of the furloughed that do qualify have jet experience... and we will probably need to start filling some jet seats in the near future as we are still getting RJ's delivered. those who have jet exp. and pass the interview might get put into an RJ rather than the 120 in IAH. bottom line is that they will be interviewed, hired, etc... just like everyone else. what he was not able to tell me was how the poolies fit into all of this (will they go to class before XJT guys). i guess this has not been decided (or disclosed) yet. good luck to all involved.... :)

Interview?

"...we will give preferential interviews to furloughed XJT pilots, however, it will be a real interview."

I think you'll find this will be unacceptable to most XJT pilots. The specifics of this deal have yet to be officially announced. I suspect that CAL/XJT, CALALPA, and SKW are still discussing it.

Re: Interview?

Bluto said:
"...we will give preferential interviews to furloughed XJT pilots, however, it will be a real interview."

I think you'll find this will be unacceptable to most XJT pilots. The specifics of this deal have yet to be officially announced. I suspect that CAL/XJT, CALALPA, and SKW are still discussing it.

It may be unacceptable, but you'll probably have to accept it. Pilots who were furloughed from UA and DL had to interview at SKYW, just the same as everyone else. They weren't even given preferential interviews. All this while SKYW was taking over routes that used to be served by the respective mainline partners. And, for those who got hired, they all went to the bottom of the seniority list.

Now SKYW will be doing some flying for CO. And it looks like COEx pilots who are on furlough WILL be getting preferential interviews. That's better than what furloughed DL and UA pilots got. I believe that COEx pilots have something in their contract that gives them the power to veto this deal, but management will do what they want, especially with this administration now in office. UA and DL pilots, and probably others, had "no-furlough" clauses in their contracts, yet management has continued to do what they want.

I'll bet the details of this agreement will be out shortly. My guess is that it will benefit both pilots at SKYW and the furloughed pilots from COEx.

GP

Re: Interview?

Bluto said:

I agree. This is not acceptable. An I hope my union will squash the deal rather than give in.

I spoke with an XJT union rep today. There has been no agreement yet. As far as the union is concerned....this is still an unresolved issue.

HOWEVER,

The general tone of the conversation scared the hell out of me. I wouldn't be surprised if Gordo kicked us in the nuts again. I wouldn't be surprised if all this flying goes to Skywest. AND I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED to hear the XJT union say it's out of their hands. All we can do is wait and see.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the performance numbers fell. All this stress leads to sickness and an unwillingness to fly with broken airplanes.

Hotwing,

Your last post seemed exceptionally agreeable considering that you're a "pool man" like myself and depending on how this deal works out will TOTALLY affect you, I and other SKYWEST swimmers.

Is it the fact that none of us on this site really have a vote in what happens...or do you really not care who is in the next new hire class????

Oh, ya,... I had to post something so me email lets me know what's up. No offence intended to anyone. See you in class Hotwing,

:D

THAT IS WHY THEY NEED INTERVIEWS

Mckpickle they need the interviews to keep the guys out who only want to break airplanes and call in sick to cause the company grief. I can see why they would want to screen you out. Just my 2 cents. Maybe I shouldn't bother, because I don't have a dog in this fight, but pilots with that attitude just bug me.

Latest resources

Back