Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!!

embdrvr said:
Former Iraqi Information Minister Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf (M.S.S.) is appointed spokeman for XJT pilots. He proclaims "SkyWest infidels will never do our TexAss flying unless every seat is filled by an XJT pilot who was hired with nothing more than a meet and greet interview."
(Cut to video footage of 4 SkyWest EMB-120's in line for takeoff at IAH)

That is the best post in this entire thread. Thanks for making my day. Now all I have to do is clean up the soda that squirted out of my nose onto my desk!

Bluto said:
I would assume that XJT furloughs at Skywest will bid for their domicile based on seniority just like everyone else at Skywest. On a personal note, if you want it, you can have Houston. I'll take PSP, or SAN any day!

My understanding of the deal:

If a CAL/COEX new hire elects to keeps his/her seniority with CAL/COEX then a fence will keep them in IAH.

If he/she resigns their CAL/COEX seniority then they are a new hire that can bid what their seniority would hold.

I am just a news reader I don't write the stuff...

Late

mckpickle said:
anyone?????

You bet, I'll give it a go....

Originally posted by mckpickle

In all sincerely I am not tryin got start anything
Bullsh!t

If you guys HAD flown struck work or didn't have anything preventing you from flying struck work that could have a large impact on our leverage don't you agree?
We didn't & management said we didn't have to, end of story.

Now the deal with the Comair airplanes does come into play because anytime you threaten to take away aircraft from one pilot group and give to another you are penalizing pilot group A to benefit group B.
First Comair GAVE the airplanes back to Bombardier. SkyWest needed airplanes and the CMR ones were ready to go. NO ONE TOOK airplanes from Comair. SkyWest DID NOT fly one single Comair route with ANYONES airplanes. SkyWest is not taking any of your airplanes, COEX retired them.

I'm just trying to make an informed opinion.
Please don't, you sound like an a$$

NEXT!

If by "any" you mean all, that too is a no.

No sir, I did not mean all. Maybe I was unclear.....

Any (not "some") open positions created by the IAH flying will be filled with XJT pilots (FO).

The (FO) means First Officer positions created by the Skywest IAH flying. Here's a quote from our union's blastmail.....

the NC's decided unanimously that the best course of action was to permit IAH flying under the following conditions: (a) the flying is limited to EMB-120 aircraft; (b) the company secure First Officer jobs for CAL/CALEX furloughed pilots equal to the total number of pilots required to perform this flying

Anyway, I'm tired of bickering. I was hoping there would be more news released today, but no luck there. I plan on showing up to SKYW with a good attitude and look forward to flying with a good pilot group. Cya.

Bjet Driver said:
No sir, I did not mean all. Maybe I was unclear.....

The (FO) means First Officer positions created by the Skywest IAH flying. Here's a quote from our union's blastmail.....

Anyway, I'm tired of bickering. I was hoping there would be more news released today, but no luck there. I plan on showing up to SKYW with a good attitude and look forward to flying with a good pilot group. Cya.

Bjet-

No bickering intended, 'just an interested 3rd party. When I said "all" I meant "all F/Os" which is what I thought you meant. Like I said in my last post, my buddy said that the positions created won't be filled by an equal number of furloughed XJet F/Os. SKYW has apparently said "some" XJet F/O's and hasn't put a number on it, rather that the flying created by the CO codeshare will be filled by a mix of the two types. That's all I was attempting to say.

Good luck at the interview, hope you make it.

Hey maddod805

Might I make a few suggestions. First you are a little fish in a big pond and I'd advise you not to screw your fellow pilots by pi$$ing us off. I was asking legitimate questions. Why are you so defensive? If you have nothing to be ashamed of than my questions should be no big deal right! I am now informed about the comair deal. I would not have been had I not asked the question.

Think of it this way. Skywest managment decides that they dont want to fly to XYZ so they get someone else that will do it because it cost less. Wouldnt you want to know who the other guys are.

Get off your high horse and quit being so defensive. We at express are taking a bite of a bit sh1t sandwich and I'd suggest sivility and humility.

trans2fly-

Understood. I appreciate you sharing your info, that's what these message boards are for. However, I think a lot of people post around here only to stir things up- they have no valid information to add.

I am going to enjoy the long weekend. If I'm tired of discussing this stuff, I can imagine how exhausted the decision makers must be.

SKY guys- I'm sure there are plenty of advantages to working for a non-union carrier. I knew nothing about SKYW a month ago, and now I have a good understanding of how passionate the pilot group must be. I think that's a good thing. There are advantages to being reprensented by passionate union members as well. As this point, the XJT NC speaks for me, and they will speak next week regarding the wording of this MOU. After that, I just want to get to work.

TAKE CARE ALL.

mckpickle said:
Hey maddod805

Might I make a few suggestions. First you are a little fish in a big pond and I'd advise you not to screw your fellow pilots by pi$$ing us off. I was asking legitimate questions. Why are you so defensive? If you have nothing to be ashamed of than my questions should be no big deal right! I am now informed about the comair deal. I would not have been had I not asked the question.

Think of it this way. Skywest managment decides that they dont want to fly to XYZ so they get someone else that will do it because it cost less. Wouldnt you want to know who the other guys are.

Get off your high horse and quit being so defensive. We at express are taking a bite of a bit sh1t sandwich and I'd suggest sivility and humility.

Believe me, I feel for the xjet furloughees. I was responding to your potential SCAB comments which have NOTHING to do with the way the furloughees are being treated by management. I was responding to you personally NOT your pilot group.

Also, I wasn't being defensive. You chalenged "anyone" to take a stab at a response and I did. Quit being a baby. If I was on the other side of this, I would have the same questions you do, but I would try a little harder not to sound like a d!ck when I asked.

For the final time, SKYWEST DOESN"T COST LESS!!!!!!!! We can simply use AIRPLANES that cost less to operate (that you don't have) so drop the SkyWest is undercutting you crap cuz I ain't buying it.

Finally, YOU are the one who should watch YOURSELF if you are going to come to work for US!

I am sick of everyone b!tching about how they are getting screwed - rub some dirt in it and WALK IT OFF because you aren't the only one.

Oh; and good luck, and I mean that.

:)

Last edited:
Listen Jacka$$ I am a 6 year Express pilot so I have no vested intrest in you other than wanting to know if you may be a potenial burr in our saddle. So I would not be working for you. It was just a question. You apparently are being defensive if the QUESTION bothers you so much. I was not insinuating a SCAB remark. I work for the CAL system so I know what a scab is. So get over your bad self. You guys are the ones bennefiting from our managments decision so no one at YOUR company is getting screwed. Many at our company are so drop your attitude if you want a snowballs chance in he11 of receiving a warm reception.

Latest resources

Back