OFFICIAL! SkyWest In IAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bjet Driver, George Jetson & Bluto,

Thanks for the replies. Bjet Driver: I understand. I spent 8 months commuting to reserve in San Diego with 2 kids and a wife at home. Saw them about 2 days a week, but somehow managed to stay married and out of bankruptcy.

First thing SkyWest tells you at the interview is that they want to hire everyone in the room. It is pretty much your job to lose. However, a bad day could shake things up a little. IF it's a full fledged interview, just make sure to study the gouge and try to hit the sim prep the day before. The sim can bite if you don't get a little exposure before hand.

Hopefully, this thing works out for each and every one of you and you get back in the air soon. And in Houston so that I don't end up there.

Later

NEDude said:
And who is to decide what is compelling evidence? The president, that's who. In many situations I would agree with you. But If COEX goes on strike, it would cripple Continental, which is the nations 5th largest airline, and 7th largest in the world. Add to that the fact that Coex and Continental are TEXAS based airlines, which is the presidents home state. Bush was a business man and governor in TX. He has close ties to many powerful people in Texas. A crippled Continental would hurt Texas businesses. Add all that together, and the fact that he is a pro-management president, and it is quite obvious that the he would find "compelling evidence that a Coex shutdown would cripple the nation's infrastructure and economy".

Nah still gotta disagree. The bottomline is with capacity down and plenty of seats being available in the major markets CAL serves, there is plenty of room to cover CAL's management mistake. XJet is hardly large enough to cripple the interests of the Texas economy. Bush might have all the friends in the world, but even he can't justify stopping a smaller airline like xjet. And don't worry, CAL mainline will be flying during our strike. You have to remember party affliation doesn't always equate to decisions on strikes. Bush's old man and Reagan allowed a load of pilot strikes way back when, while Billy put a stop to both American FA's and pilots..

It doesn't matter, because if strike comes Gordon will most likely shutdown Xjet and train a bunch of scabs to fly the airplanes. CAL has ownership on everything at XJet, from the airplanes to the training center so he will have an airline up in running in 3 months. This is the true sh*t side of the IPO scam that CAL ran with XJet.

I for one don't f*ckin care. He can go find a bunch of chump losers that want to work for Mesa wages the rest of their lives. As a 3 year FO on reserve I don't feel like I have much to lose. I'm supposed to be a professional, not some dope who gets wood just because he's flying a jet.

Last edited:
scangadah,

XJT doesnt have any turboprops. Not sure what your talking about. There are no 1900's in IAH flying CAL colors. Just 206 ERJ's.

mckpickle said:
In all sincerely I am not tryin got start anything. But look at it from our point of view. Would you let someone into your house thats a know threat? I certainly wouldn't , thats why I was asking the question. Thats all. If you guys HAD flown struck work or didn't have anything preventing you from flying struck work that could have a large impact on our leverage don't you agree? I was just trying to answer a question thats all.

Now the deal with the Comair airplanes does come into play because anytime you threaten to take away aircraft from one pilot group and give to another you are penalizing pilot group A to benefit group B. I have very little info as to what happened with Comair, but I know some there are still a bit pi$$ed about it.

I'm just trying to make an informed opinion.

anyone?????

Bjet Driver said:
This is now a done deal.

SKYW 120's are headed to IAH. Left seats will be Sky Capt's, right seats will be XJT FO's. BTW, there will be no interviews for the XJT guys.

Let's get the show on the road. Hope to see some of you in IAH.

Uhhh, no. Talked to a buddy who flies for SKYW who said that several F/O's have bid for IAH. So the right seats won't be XJT FO's. "Some" seems to be the operative word when it comes to the CAL/XJet guys going to SKYW.

I would assume that XJT furloughs at Skywest will bid for their domicile based on seniority just like everyone else at Skywest. On a personal note, if you want it, you can have Houston. I'll take PSP, or SAN any day!

Uhhh, no. Talked to a buddy who flies for SKYW who said that several F/O's have bid for IAH. So the right seats won't be XJT FO's. "Some" seems to be the operative word when it comes to the CAL/XJet guys going to SKYW.

Uhhhh, yes. I simply meant the MOU was a done deal. Any (not "some") open positions created by the IAH flying will be filled with XJT pilots (FO). Whether we end up in IAH remains to be seen. :)

Bjet Driver said:
Uhhhh, yes. I simply meant the MOU was a done deal. Any (not "some") open positions created by the IAH flying will be filled with XJT pilots (FO). Whether we end up in IAH remains to be seen. :)

If by "any" you mean all, that too is a no. Of the positions created by the IAH flying, it seems clear that "some" will be CAL/XJet and "some" will be poolies/others off the street. A blend in other words, regardless of what base they end up in.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Former Iraqi Information Minister Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf (M.S.S.) is appointed spokeman for XJT pilots. He proclaims "SkyWest infidels will never do our TexAss flying unless every seat is filled by an XJT pilot who was hired with nothing more than a meet and greet interview."
(Cut to video footage of 4 SkyWest EMB-120's in line for takeoff at IAH)

Latest resources

Back