• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Eligibility for flow ups too NWA started last month for Compass. I'm not sure about the pecking order after that.

That's funny, that's not what B.C. said (a VP of route networks) at an incommand session just a week ago. Well, then it seems that the good'ol boys from ATL need to get their stories straight doesn't it. I expected better/clearer intel from the Holy DAL leadership. He said "they're gone." Bastian said with fuel falling they see opportunity with cargo and are re-thinking any previous plans they may have had. Do you really think Eddie would just come up and say "Hi, I'm your new CEO, and here is what you are losing."OK, soooooo.....he'll come up and lie to our faces....according to you. That's cool.....we're used to that at NWA. Nice to see that won't change under Delta leadership.:rolleyes: As far as the MD90s go, they are debating whether or not they can get enough to support a fleet (50 or so needed), and they are still looking to see if they can do that. (Although Saudia has 28 for sale NOW) They are looking at other things right now from your friends inbetween MSP and DTW, and that does look promising, as stated by RA in a recent incommand session. We'll see, but you and I (and the arbitrators) know what will stay and what won't (like your 94 DC9s----do you really have that many?),We did on 1/1/08, we have 75 in service now, not including those in storage, fully paid for, ready in a weeks notice...with fuel prices falling ya know, like Bastian said (or was he lying about that too?)Said they will be around for at least 5 or 6 more years. and the confidential statements in the testimony will show the way eventually. If the 742s do stay---fantastic! Our proposal for the SLI has me in the top 10% if those FOs Cool....and the NWA proposal has me asking you for checklists on big airplanes...but who knows...ANC is nice;)----I can't wait to be Sarah Palin's neighbor.(after the fence is up)

Bye Bye---General Lee
You can see Russia from our crew room there.

Eligibility for flow ups too NWA started last month for Compass. I'm not sure about the pecking order after that.

Has it been 30 months already? I hope you guys have the opportunity to use it.

Well, see there is this little problem of the union called IAM at NWA. It was not something that was completely looked at when DAL made all of these grand plans for post DCC.
It stipulates in their contract that ALL NWA jets will be serviced Above, Below wing along with cabin cleaning, by IAM.
Now if you run the numbers on moving the DC-9's to ATL, 330's to NYC and ATL, 744's to ATL and NYC, 320's to SLC and CVG, it would require Delta to in essence hire 1000's of new NWA employees in these hubs to service these airplanes. It cannot be done by Delta's DGS per the IAM contract. Now that is a significant cost.
With Delta having the goal of getting rid of the representation, it does not serve them well to have our employees become NWA employees represented by IAM. If we hired these people it would cause the DAL side of the operation to be grossly over staffed in ATL, NYC, CVG, and SLC. Now why would they do that? Our jets could be serviced by NWA folks because there is no union here.
There are ways around it, but it appears that DAL rather have the voting employee groups take care of this problem in the next six months than to go to the IAM and ask for a waiver. Who knows how it will turn out, but it does throw a wrench in their initial plans.

General,

That 450 on the NWA side, would those be hired through NWA at MSP?

What happened with NetJets??? I had a phone interview after you and got flushed shortly their after, but I thought you were still waiting to hear.

What happened with NetJets??? I had a phone interview after you and got flushed shortly their after, but I thought you were still waiting to hear.

I am still waiting to hear, but it's been 4 months. I'm not holding my breath.

You can see Russia from our crew room there.

Yeah, your NWA proposal is a lot like USAir East's. How'd that come out, anyway? Just because you ask for the moon doesn't mean you'll get it, or even "middle ground." Nope. And I used to do ANC almost exclusively in the summer nonstop from ATL. The last two years though have had a 764 on it, a non premium widebody larger than your A332.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

That 450 on the NWA side, would those be hired through NWA at MSP?

Probably I would guess. Until the seperate certificates are merged (SOC), everything will stay status quo.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yeah, your NWA proposal is a lot like USAir East's. How'd that come out, anyway? Just because you ask for the moon doesn't mean you'll get it, or even "middle ground." Nope. And I used to do ANC almost exclusively in the summer nonstop from ATL. The last two years though have had a 764 on it, a non premium widebody larger than your A332.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Do you have to put your opinion of the merger on every damn thread? We get it. You think NWA's proposal is not realistic. What you think does not matter. The only thing that matters is the arbitrators' opinions. Maybe you're right, maybe you're not, but I am tired of reading your repetitive posts over and over again. Stop hijacking threads.

Latest resources

Back