NW scabs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Deli Guy said:
If AMFA demanded $1,000,000 dollars a year per cleaner and the letter "N" stricken from the english language ...
Make it the letter "U" and I'm onboard. Without "U", the United Parcel Service would become a Post Script.

Oh, and it would make more sense of those letters that management sends to employees that say, "We'll keep this company going with U or without U."

I'm starting a petition....

:)

I don't have the details of who, what why or where, but my Union supports any and all unions that are on strike. And it's written into our contract that we can never be forced to "cross a picket line"...

I guess we all have our Opinions deli...Mine is you didn't learn much history with all that time in Trainers...:)

And btw I refused a ticket on NWA today and it felt wonderful to do my part to bring Unions back...As for cleaners not being worth this or that...I remember not too long ago the "Majors" calling SWA guys "loser dump truck drivers"...

Last edited:
Hey Gost Rider,
1. I only have about 250 hrs in the t airplanes.
2 I actually have a degree in History.
3 NWA ALPA does not have to cross a picket line. It is not a simple cut and dry case. Look at the history of what went down here and you will see that the "removing the letter n from the english language" example is not far off. The mechanics themselves are great guys--I wish they had paid attention when their leadership laid out its half cocked plan. It was simply out of touch with reality. NWA ALPA really pulled in a bunch of professional help to sort out this mess 2 1/2 years ago and came up with an integrated plan. All the new AMFA leadership came up with was retoric and a demand that its mechanics make (this is for real) $100,000 a year (hence the "letter N" analogy) NWA ALPA tried to show them the "books" and the results of its actual research. AMFA was not interested. AMFA kept on with a crazy claim that NWA MGMT had 2 sets of "books"--even after they refused to look at the books! They had no research, no plan, no workable strategy--they just wanted to keep telling the rank and file member "we have management by the ball$" NWA ALPA tried a desperate attempt to get their findings to the rank and file AMFA member through public forums and were scolded and ridiculed by AMFA leadership. It was like watching a 4 year old trying to dock the Nimitz. You knew it was going to end in disaster and all you could do is try and scream into the control room to stop before it is too late. The 4 year old example is accurate because AMFA leadership acted like one.
Having endured that, would your union back their strike? I am not sure how close your company is to BK, but NWA is close. Would you applaud your union if it said to you, "Ghost Rider, our company can probably survive after the mechanics union crashes the Nimitz. We know that the mechanics union has been wrong headed and is completly in over its head. So we have decided to stand behind them even though it will cost all of us our jobs." That is the scenario that NWA ALPA faces.

As far as the ticket goes, you need to do what you need to do. I would hope you would reconsider now having more facts. Do not just listen to my manical jiberish, go check it out for yourself. Your ticket purchase on NWA might enable NWA ALPA to shove it back in managements face where the 4 year old Nimitz driver was lacking. It is not like NWA ALPA has a history of being timid. What history does your union have? NWA pilot unions have had kind of a "growling doberman" reputation with management since 1929. Can you not jump to conclusions until they have their "at bats"?

I always felt that the pilots at SWA were top notch. (and they sure can taxi fast!)

I think the cleaners are over paid

We do all have our own opinions and I respect yours

Deli Guy said:
It is not like NWA ALPA has a history of being timid. What history does your union have? NWA pilot unions have had kind of a "growling doberman" reputation with management since 1929. Can you not jump to conclusions until they have their "at bats"?

NWA, the rattlesnake airline. They will strike at anything!

I can't believe that some of you call NWA ALPA timid.

enigma

Deli Guy. Well writen info. Nwa Alpa has been consistant more than any other Alpa carrier in fighting this fight and raising the bar. It will get to the point soon the only action left is a nationwide strike. Too bad it wasn't organized to fall on Labor Day. Then we could save what is left and give all the guys in the regionals and LCC's hope of getting to a job with the benifits we are barely holding onto. Also, AMFA dug their own hole as you said. Drug their feet and wouldn't participate when NWA Alpa tried to get all on board and get this done, see the books etc...A bunch of great guys with lousy representation at the top.

Last edited:
enigma quote
"NWA, the rattlesnake airline. They will strike at anything!
enigma"

Yea, thanks enigma,
I didn't want to throw that out there myself because it sounded too dramatic.

And for you Toney C,
Just remember there is no "I" in team. That would make it tieam or something.

Deli Guy said:
And for you Toney C,
Yeah, and there's no WE in team, either. That would make it teweam or something!

:D

;)

[psssssst... and there's no "e" in Tony! ;) ]

keep it up.............. -1 sp. (plagiarize) I did have to look up such a big word. ( +1 sp, Corrected to 100% )

Last edited:
Deli Guy said:
enigma quote
"NWA, the rattlesnake airline. They will strike at anything!
enigma"

Yea, thanks enigma,
I didn't want to throw that out there myself because it sounded too dramatic.

And for you Toney C,
Well, there is a "Me" in team. . .

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back