NW scabs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
enigma said:
Or, is it possible that those "cleaners" are in fact mechanics who happen to work in NWA's cleaning shop.

The "cleaners" were the folks who cleaned the cabins after the pax left.

Dave B

Funny but sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by klhoard
BTW - what would you call a replacement worker that takes a scabs job??

Dues paying ALPA membersQuote:
Originally Posted by klhoard
BTW - what would you call a replacement worker that takes a scabs job??

Dues paying ALPA members

My wife who works in medicine says a "scab" which has been replaced by another "scab" is a scar.................. and a scar is a is a permanent reminder of a past (Injury to the industry). scabs can die in hell

I heard a rumor that NWA Management has recruited pilot trainees in mexico who are being trained in the event there unfavorable negotiations in the future with NWA pilots...These future pilots are training at an undisclosed location and will be fully qualified within 2 years...These future pilots have agreed to work for 25% of the current pilot force wages and have a 15 year training contract...

20 years or 20 minutes experience in cleaning an airplane - a cleaner is a cleaner is a cleaner. Sorry... a minimum wage job.

Unfortunately, these guys are lumped in with the mechs who, unlike the cleaners, are truly worth every dime they make and then some...
Thank you

Freight Dog said:
Cleaners making around 40k a year?!?!? Holy cow!

I'm all for the mechs and keeping their pay at current levels and even higher, but how do you justify cleaners making 40k??? Isn't that normally a non-skilled labor minimum wage job for high school and college students??

I understand it takes a pilots license at some airlines to clean the cabin. And they also make around 40K.

Last edited:
ghostrider64 said:
I heard a rumor that NWA Management has recruited pilot trainees in mexico who are being trained in the event there unfavorable negotiations in the future with NWA pilots.......

These future pilots have agreed to work for 25% of the current pilot force wages and have a 15 year training contract...

Yeah I heard that too, but I heard they are in the U.S. The two outfits are called Mesaba and Pinnacle if I'm not mistaken...

Flashbang said:
Yeah I heard that too, but I heard they are in the U.S. The two outfits are called Mesaba and Pinnacle if I'm not mistaken...

However, there are two other outfits that can underbid Mesaba and Pinnacle. They are called BigSky and Gulfstream Academy. ;)

I'm saying it right here and now....

I predict that in the coming years, any labor unit that strikes will be on their own. Sympathy strikes are a thing of the past.

The previous 6 pages of rhetoric truly underscore the sad state of affairs of organized labor in the US.

You've lived by the union, and now you will die by the union...

just a matter of time...

Ghostrider Quote
"I heard a rumor that NWA Management has recruited pilot trainees in mexico who are being trained in the event there unfavorable negotiations in the future with NWA pilots...These future pilots are training at an undisclosed location and will be fully qualified within 2 years...These future pilots have agreed to work for 25% of the current pilot force wages and have a 15 year training contract..."

Thats funny Ghost rider, I heard there was an outfit in Bolivia that is training 17 to 20 year olds to fly SD-360's, CE-560's, HS-125's and CE-750's (whatever they are) for just food and a room, they sign a lifetime agreement, and when they are not flying, they wash the managers cars.

Hey, I have an idea, since the troubles in this industry are every one else's fault except (fill in your name, or company or particular bone to pick here:_________), will you all join me in a group hug general strike? If you have anything to do with aviation at all, you should strike tomorrow night at 00:01 eastern time. If not you are a scum sucking scab because you are not backing my outlandish stand against (fill in whatever you think should go in here_________)!!!
Lets not look at any facts, ...Lets just pontificate about how we "feel' or use "IMHO" to cover up what the new face of aviation has become.
There are lots of airplane companies--big and small--pumping out lots of easy to fly airplanes and practically giving them away to LCC's and Regionals and there are lots of barely qualified guys and gals out there ready to fly them.
Northwest ALPA ,backing a poorly concieved AMFA plan would not stop this. If AMFA demanded $1,000,000 dollars a year per cleaner and the letter "N" stricken from the english language as there starting point, there would still be guys on this board who would claim that ALPA was "giving away our profession" by not backing AMFA.
I can tell you that NWA ALPA has a much stronger reputation for taking minimum BS from management than any other major carrier. NWA pilot unions have more pilot strikes under it's belt to prove that. NWA ALPA will not strike to have the letter "N" stricken from the english language.
On that note, if you limp wristed whiners have a hair left on your nut sack, (or fill in the appropriate gender related saying here:_________) You will join me in my general strike to shut down all of aviation!! FOLLOW ME!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------
Thank you for listening. I feel better now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back