NW scabs

nightrider

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 30, 2001
Posts
115
Total Time
>7000
I cant believe that pilots are willing to sell cross a picket line like this
I was an alpa member for 6 yrs and I am so ashamed of you guys.
YOU ARE ALL SCABS ! What goes around comes around.
 

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Joined
Oct 21, 2002
Posts
3,050
Total Time
>8,000
nightrider said:
I cant believe that pilots are willing to sell cross a picket line like this
I was an alpa member for 6 yrs and I am so ashamed of you guys.
YOU ARE ALL SCABS ! What goes around comes around.
Actually, they aren't scabs. Now, if they're crossing the picket line to perform the work left behind by NWA AMFA mechanics, then they're scabs. I don't think the pilots or flight attendants will be performing any maintenance actions. They may be pointing a few maintenance discrepancies out to the scabs, but they won't be scabbing.



Just wanted to set the record straight.



.
 

FoxHunter

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2002
Posts
679
Total Time
23000
TonyC said:
Actually, they aren't scabs. Now, if they're crossing the picket line to perform the work left behind by NWA AMFA mechanics, then they're scabs. I don't think the pilots or flight attendants will be performing any maintenance actions. They may be pointing a few maintenance discrepancies out to the scabs, but they won't be scabbing.



Just wanted to set the record straight.



.
Amazing!!!:(
 

nightrider

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 30, 2001
Posts
115
Total Time
>7000
Tony C, you know it is stupid bastards like you that feed the scab industry.,
 

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Joined
Oct 21, 2002
Posts
3,050
Total Time
>8,000
nightrider said:
Tony C, you know it is stupid bastards like you that feed the scab industry.,
Would you care to enlighten us where I'm incorrect?




.
 

Boris Badenov

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Posts
441
Total Time
~4000
Take it easy, trigger.

I'm still waiting to hear from someone associated with ALPA, or better yet, a NW line pilot. They may have no choice, depending on their contract. The fact that they apparently voted on it, however, does not make me hopefull.

There will be plenty of time for a full on rotisserie later, when the facts are in.

Regards,
 

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Joined
Oct 21, 2002
Posts
3,050
Total Time
>8,000
Boris Badenov said:
I'm still waiting to hear from someone associated with ALPA, or better yet, a NW line pilot. They may have no choice, depending on their contract. The fact that they apparently voted on it, however, does not make me hopefull.
I don't recall reading or hearing anything about an NWA ALPA vote. Are you confusing it with an NWA PFAA vote?



.
 

Lear70

JAFFO
Joined
Oct 17, 2003
Posts
7,487
Total Time
4abeer
Yup... it's official. Both ALPA and the PFAA have declared on their MEC websites and VARS system that there will be NO sympathy strike.

Seems that a sympathy strike "... is not in the best interests of the pilot group..."

Personally, I'm a bit disappointed in the Northwest MEC, but not exactly surprised; too many extremely senior Captains with WAY too much to lose to hang their knecks out for another labor group.

SO... they'll all hang separately, just at different times; after Northwest finishes with the mechanics issue, they'll move on to the F/A's, THEN to the pilots. It's only a matter of time, so you senior guys better start working on a backup plan to your pension...

Sad, but true.
 

NAA Pilot

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 20, 2004
Posts
103
Total Time
11,001
Honest question:


Did the NW mechs simpathy strike when the pilots walk in 1998?
 

COpilot

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 5, 2002
Posts
410
Total Time
12,000
Tony C., Your full of S#@t!

Every pilot who ever said a thing to, or under their breath to a CO pilot, or a EAL pilot is a hypocrite like none other.

What a bunch of crap, this managment is no better than Frank, so why dosen't this pilot group go to the mat with MX just like the EAL pilots did?
 

filejw

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 18, 2001
Posts
1,135
Total Time
25000
Because the pilot group has spent ton's of money researching the economic health of the company and came to the conclusion now is not the time.ALPA's plan is to live to fight an other day.AMFA's is to burn and pillage.
 

COpilot

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 5, 2002
Posts
410
Total Time
12,000
Yeah, nothing to do with Duane protecting what he has?

No problem selling out EAL pilots at the expence of their economic health!?!?

No problem selling out CO pilots?

Oh know, we think this is in our (NWA Pilots) best intrest. Well what about for the rest of us? Thats what you were saying in '83 and '89. What a buch of Ass@##$%$...
 

pilotyip

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
13,629
Total Time
14000
EAL example?

Copilot: Maybe because the NWA pilots look at what happen to the EAL pilots who went to the max with the maint boys. After it was all over the best job they could get was flying a DC-9 for USA Jet making about $60K per year. Maybe they like making $125K yr flying a NWA DC-9.
 
Last edited:

dane

I miss the MD80!!
Joined
Mar 3, 2003
Posts
51
Total Time
8000+
cooler heads must prevail..

Good point filejw,

as someone who is involved in a union in another part of the world(europe) let me say this. Before going into a situation like this any responsible union will research the companys financial situation(IPSC helped us) and come to a decision based on the material presented by the hired experts(and yes, they are experts). If the conclusion is that the company and thereby the pilots will not benefit from a certain stance, well, then we are not going there.

Consider this, a sympathy strike is only helpful if the goals of the two groups merge at some point(they may or may not). If they don't you are helping somebody else accomplish their goal which is not in any way similar to yours. A waste of time, money and membership faith.

Regards,

dane
 

pilotyip

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
13,629
Total Time
14000
dane, a voice of reality in a sea of emotion
 

aeronautic1

Virgil_Tracy
Joined
Sep 9, 2003
Posts
716
Total Time
3500
filejw said:
Because the pilot group has spent ton's of money researching the economic health of the company and came to the conclusion now is not the time.ALPA's plan is to live to fight an other day.AMFA's is to burn and pillage.
Yep, to quote Jim Young, spokesman for the AMFA; "I would rather see Northwest Ailines go into bankruptcy..."

"We weren't expecting their (pilots) support..." says Steve MacFarlane, assit national director for the AMFA.

We hear much about what NWA wants to do with regards to outsourcing, pay cuts and paring down it's work force... what was the AMFAs counter offer?
 

DDpaysoff

Well-known member
Joined
May 21, 2003
Posts
506
Total Time
6900-
Did I hear that right? Analysis interviewed on CNN said they had 14,000 replacement mechanics, mostly made up of furloughed U.S. Air, American, and Delta mechanics were going to do the replacement work. That can't be the true number. I couldn't believe there would be that many scabs out there.

It's about time somebody took a stand for labor. Those scabs are true lowlifes.
 

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Joined
Oct 21, 2002
Posts
3,050
Total Time
>8,000
COpilot said:
Tony C., Your full of S#@t!

Every pilot who ever said a thing to, or under their breath to a CO pilot, or a EAL pilot is a hypocrite like none other.
Eastern pilots crossed an Eastern pilot picket line. There is no NWA pilot picket line.

I know it must be difficult to distinguish these points when you're all emotional, so why don't you try to back up and take a deep breath. It's going to get ugly, and it's hard to take back things you might say in anger.




.
 
Top