Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nightrider

I cant believe that pilots are willing to sell cross a picket line like this
I was an alpa member for 6 yrs and I am so ashamed of you guys.
YOU ARE ALL SCABS ! What goes around comes around.

nightrider said:
I cant believe that pilots are willing to sell cross a picket line like this
I was an alpa member for 6 yrs and I am so ashamed of you guys.
YOU ARE ALL SCABS ! What goes around comes around.
Actually, they aren't scabs. Now, if they're crossing the picket line to perform the work left behind by NWA AMFA mechanics, then they're scabs. I don't think the pilots or flight attendants will be performing any maintenance actions. They may be pointing a few maintenance discrepancies out to the scabs, but they won't be scabbing.

Just wanted to set the record straight.

TonyC said:
Actually, they aren't scabs. Now, if they're crossing the picket line to perform the work left behind by NWA AMFA mechanics, then they're scabs. I don't think the pilots or flight attendants will be performing any maintenance actions. They may be pointing a few maintenance discrepancies out to the scabs, but they won't be scabbing.

Just wanted to set the record straight.

Amazing!!!:(

Take it easy, trigger.

I'm still waiting to hear from someone associated with ALPA, or better yet, a NW line pilot. They may have no choice, depending on their contract. The fact that they apparently voted on it, however, does not make me hopefull.

There will be plenty of time for a full on rotisserie later, when the facts are in.

Regards,

Boris Badenov said:
I'm still waiting to hear from someone associated with ALPA, or better yet, a NW line pilot. They may have no choice, depending on their contract. The fact that they apparently voted on it, however, does not make me hopefull.
I don't recall reading or hearing anything about an NWA ALPA vote. Are you confusing it with an NWA PFAA vote?

Yup... it's official. Both ALPA and the PFAA have declared on their MEC websites and VARS system that there will be NO sympathy strike.

Seems that a sympathy strike "... is not in the best interests of the pilot group..."

Personally, I'm a bit disappointed in the Northwest MEC, but not exactly surprised; too many extremely senior Captains with WAY too much to lose to hang their knecks out for another labor group.

SO... they'll all hang separately, just at different times; after Northwest finishes with the mechanics issue, they'll move on to the F/A's, THEN to the pilots. It's only a matter of time, so you senior guys better start working on a backup plan to your pension...

Sad, but true.

Latest resources

Back