NW scabs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Willow,

Hey, what happened to the flight attendants? Maybe your wife didn't go to work, but most others did.

You blame the pilots for not supporting the strike, but they know they will lose too much if they shut down the company. It is a tough situation, they know they are going go be forced to give up much more. The FAs are next and their pay and benefits will be lowered so much that it won't be a good job anymore. Most would do better working as a bar maid. They are the ones with less to lose and could made a stand, but didn't.

:DWillow....that was funny! All I can say is good luck to the NWA mechanics. This is not good for anybody!:(

furloughed dude said:
Willow,

Hey, what happened to the flight attendants? Maybe your wife didn't go to work, but most others did.

You blame the pilots for not supporting the strike, but they know they will lose too much if they shut down the company. It is a tough situation, they know they are going go be forced to give up much more. The FAs are next and their pay and benefits will be lowered so much that it won't be a good job anymore. Most would do better working as a bar maid. They are the ones with less to lose and could made a stand, but didn't.

The votes came in for the PFAA with the majority voting not to strike. That is not what the PFAA wanted but that was the vote so be it. There was an E-mail sent to every FA from NWA management that stated a strike would be illegal and that they would be immediatley fired. This raised a question with some FA's if it was a legal strike or not. PFAA is starting it's negotiations now with NWA management. A lack of good faith on managements part will be a grave mistake for the airline as there will be no doubt as to the legality of a PFAA strike. They can and will shut the airline down. There is no way to cover all the flight attendants with replacement workers. Impossible. The pilots have not only established an unprecedented disregard for solidarity, but they also have no brains apparently. Their motivation is to keep the company out of BK, so they can keep their pensions. NWA management will not sleep until they get rid of that under-funded pension. NWA will go BK regardless before Oct 17. The pilots ARE going to lose their pension, and after today's events, their dignity.

Part of a Rueters Report:

"The implementation of the plan went as scheduled, the airline is running well. It's business as usual at Northwest today," Northwest Chief Executive Doug Steenland told Reuters.

The plan will allow the airline to operate reliably for the "foreseeable future," Steenland said.

An airline official acknowledged earlier, however, that Northwest has suspended its daily on-time performance report. The airline, which has hub airports in Detroit and Minnesota/St. Paul, also flies 200 nonstop flights to Asia weekly, among other world destinations.

IF the mechanics had started talking two years ago they could have settled for less than they offered. They refused for over a year to sign a confidentility agreement to SEE the books. They waited far to long to talk. Company is following R. Andersons 10 year plan to the tee and will be competitive with LCC's next year. With UAL in Ch-11 for 3 years, not paying much if anything for leases, flooding the industry with below cost tickets, NWA revenues at 1999 levels when fuel was .38 cents and now is $1.54 ( 2.09 BILLION annual INCREASE ) it was crunch time. Pension reform close, things will get going again next year.

Last edited:
Diesel this is a pilot board, stop dealing in reality no one wants to hear it. They want to hear scab, solidarity, and screw management.

Willow,

So you blame the pilots when the FAs aren't honoring the strike? Give me a break. The ones with the least to lose can't make the stand that you thought the pilots should have?

Did your wife go to work or did she stand with the mechanics? I bet I know the answer... Loser...

furloughed dude said:
Willow,

So you blame the pilots when the FAs aren't honoring the strike? Give me a break. The ones with the least to lose can't make the stand that you thought the pilots should have?

Did your wife go to work or did she stand with the mechanics? I bet I know the answer... Loser...

I'll tell you what,,,I will meet you at the local of your choosing and you and I can discus this face to face. PM me with the time/date.

Latest resources

Back