Now is the time: Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Almost $3000/month, that's not bad.
Again, I am counting per-diem in that figure, I do not consider my per-diem as pay, but they asked what we made including per-diem. But you are right it is not bad, but it should be better. Thay also paid for the hotel, unlike some other places cough**Mesa**cough cough.

cough cough **air tran** cough cough
cough cough **frontier** cough cough
Really? I dont understand how a company could do this to you. They hire you, drag you out of town for two months and then expect you to pay for your hotel while in training.

Really? I dont understand how a company could do this to you. They hire you, drag you out of town for two months and then expect you to pay for your hotel while in training.

because ATL and DEN are the ONLY domiciles for these companies. you are IN domicile in training.

Eagle won't pay for a hotel room at recurrent ground if you are based in DFW.

We all know the answer for mesa, they are cheap. But mesa at least does pay you your full gurantee pay during training.

Eagle: recuitment & training-message for Starscream

It seems as though the troubles with Eagle are beginning to come to a slow end. I may be jumping on the optomism wagon here, but I think things are getting a lot better. The 7-10 year upgrades we hear about are for people who have already been here for 5-7 years and have either been waiting or been displaced. Those of us who have just begun at Eagle or have been around a few years are probably in a position to be quite senior very soon.

I had a Check Airman on the jumpseat giving a line check to my captain and he says that Eagle wants to hire 600 guys this year (if they can get them to come). That is to make up for Flowbies leaving and attrition combined. They are ramping up the training department accordingly. I am hearing that Flowbies are handing in their resignations all the time. They want options and time to consider a call back to AA. Being at AE is a hindrance to them for being called back. So, they are leaving.

10 recalls a month is a smokescreen. AA isn't going to keep it at 10. That will go for a few months before they get things going again. You watch. When they get things going, it will mean FBs leaving Eagle quickly. AA has to call 6 to get 1 right now. At that rate, the 3000 guys on furlough 600-1000 may come back. Eagle has 600 of them.

Now is the time to come to Eagle.

Presumably the long upgrade time is the reason Eagle can't attract new hires; or are there other reasons I should know about before I consider applying?! The medical sounds horrendous. What about the training? Are people crashing out of it? (does anyone know what %?) I met a guy who didn't make it through ATR training because he had to learn two aircraft (he took some of the blame himself though). Anyone know how the Eagle training compares to other regionals?

Sorry- this message ia also for Starscream and anyone who may have info

Last edited:
Presumably the long upgrade time is the reason Eagle can't attract new hires; or are there other reasons I should know about before I consider applying?! The medical sounds horrendous. What about the training? Are people crashing out of it? (does anyone know what %?) I met a guy who didn't make it through ATR training because he had to learn two aircraft (he took some of the blame himself though). Anyone know how the Eagle training compares to other regionals?

Sorry- this message ia also for Starscream and anyone who may have info

overall training is fairly decent. the facilities are top notch in the regional world.

you get a lot of information in 4 weeks and then cram 7-10 sim sessions in the application of that knowledge. some people can handle it, some can't.

Latest resources

Back