• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Now is the time: Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Somehow I see this turning into a PFT arguement.........

My buddy is just finishing training and so far he has been paid $5,800. He is doing IOE now so forr training that is not that bad.

You rack up some cash training at Eagle. They also put some of us up at the Harvey Suites for sim training. One of the best breakfast spreads and free beer every night. The $1.65 per diem adds up nicely.

Eagle has its troubles, but it is definitely on the upswing.

keep in mind Jet_Driver is in the lala land of DFW (the lucky bastahd tfd out of ORD), but i agree in general with his consensus.

eagle isn't that bad, again ALL regionals are pains in the butts (don't kid ourselves).

Keep in mind guys, that RIGHT NOW even though the upgrade time to SF340 CA is 7 years 4 months (JR CA hired 9/6/1999), there was a 2 year 4 month hiring freeze post 9/11 meaning that the projected time to upgrade for anyone hired post 9/11 is currently about 5 years (7 yr. 4 mo. minus 2 yr. 4mo.). With flowbacks (and hopefully most flowthrus, at least the ones that want to go) leaving soon, that 5 year time to upgrade is about as bad as it'll get. The next year will be a very pivotal one for American Eagle. It can turn around drastically for the better and we'll see consitent 3-4 year upgrades in the future, or our failure to attract new hires (target is around 60/month, we're getting about 20ish) will cause the implosion of the airline and planes will be parked and our flying outsourced. I've had captains tell me that in the nineties the roof blew off the place and that the upgrade time went from 7 years to 2 years almost overnight. The unbiased advice I'd give to anyone interested in applying (especially guys/gals without 121 experience) is to not be too scared of the upgrade time numbers. If things improve, you'll be glad you came, and if the $hit hits the fan, well, you've got 1000 hrs. or so of 121 turbine experience, which will make you very marketable for (place name of quick upgrade, rapidly expanding regional airline name here). Again, the next year will be critical because some feel all flowbacks will be gone within the next year (realistically I'd say another year and half). It is what you make of it -- the flying and equipment are great, travel benefits not bad, plus, one day you'll get to flow to American (ok, that part was a joke :nuts: ).

Good post......but if you have 1000 121 turbine experience why would you go to Eagle. I have never heard of anyone with that kind of time trying to get on there. It just wouldn't make any sense.

Well, that's the thing. Eagle's not a bad first part 121 job for say, a CFI or cxl check hauler looking to get a foot in the airline industry. However, I'd have a very hard time keeping a straight face while telling someone with 1000 hours part 121 turbine to come to Eagle, because the fact of the matter is, it's very unlikely that our upgrade time will be competetive with the likes of Skywest, Expressjet, or Chautauqua (sp?), even though Eagle's upgrade time has nowhere to go but down. I don't think Eagle would be a bad alternative for someone who maybe interviews but doesn't land the job at one of the above airlines, or for someone who lives near one of our domiciles. I've never worked a day at Gojets, Mesa, Mesaba, or Comair, but I would THINK that Eagle is a better choice than the aforementioned list. Eagle is not the best out there, but we sure as he!! ain't the worst either.

(BTW Muppets, my comment on the 1000 hours 121 time was referring to someone who came to Eagle with no turbine time, and then left after a year or so if the worst case sky is falling airline implodes scenario plays out)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back