Now is the time: Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey info..........

Eagle gives you a room for the entire training event. Not just systems. When you get to the sim, you get your own private room. The whole roomate thing does suck. We got that 2 years ago in the last amendment round in exchange for the increased first year pay (it was pretty significant -- it was really really low before..........now it's just really low).

And no, there is no training contract. That's been one of the big problems that they've had. People quit before day 2 if they don't like their a/c assignment. The chances of the ERJ are pretty decent, depending on your age. Right now they are giving priority to ERJ staffing because it is the by far the largest fleet type. Look at it this way, if you get the ATR, you can go to MIA after a couple months maybe in SJU, and if you get SF3, you'll probably be in DFW. It is our second most senior ERJ base, I guess because you can commute there from just about anywhere. And you'll have a line on the turboprop almost instantly. When you transfer to the ERJ, you'll be probably hold a line right away, because ever newhire that got the jet after your class will be junior to you. If you get ERJ right away, depending on the base, reserve could be closer to a year.

How senior is ORD on the ERJ side? any CRJ's in ORD?

ORD is one of the 2 CRJ bases. Not many newhires there lately, although that might change soon. In Feb there are only 2, yes 2, reserve FOs on the CRJ in ORD.

ORD ERJ, I'd say is 'mid' senior. Not really senior, but not really junior.

If I had to put together a list of the most senior/junior ERJ bases, I'd say it goes like this

1. LAX (mainly because it is extremely small.....only like 50 crews or so)
2. DFW
3. LGA
4. ORD
5. BOS

LAX is the more senior SF3 base, and MIA is the more senior ATR base. Right now on the CRJ ORD is senior.

So, most new hires are getting BOS ERJ? and reserve runs about 1 year over there?

BOS is a long commute from the west !! :)

Thanks.

Most newhires are getting ORD, LGA, and BOS. If you're on the west cost, try for SF3 (probably DFW) and then transfer to LAX (shouldn't take too long). Reserve is just a couple of months in BOS. In the NE, it is a larger domicile (more lines and block hours), and more junior than LGA. LGA's reserve time is longer right now, but in BOS a newhire shouldn't wait long for at least a composite line. Reserve in ORD on the ERJ is about a year and half-ish if I'm not wrong.

So, most new hires are getting BOS ERJ? and reserve runs about 1 year over there?

BOS is a long commute from the west !! :)

Thanks.

AE wants to hire 700 pilots in 2007. Reserve won't be long anywhere except LAX. Your first day at the company you can enter your bid preference. If there is a vacancy at that base it is entirely likely you will be awarded it. This applies mainly to the EMB. Start class in February and you'll be flying out of your choice of EMB bases by May. After training that's only 6-8 weeks of flying out of enemy territory. No big deal.

KEEP IN MIND THIS IS TRAINING FOR AN AIRLINE, NOT AN INSTRUMENT RATING.

This is very correct. Instrument rating implies you'll be flying the plane...airline training implies you need to know how to properly turn the autopilot on/off.

Last edited:
This is very correct. Instrument rating implies you'll be flying the plane...airline training implies you need to know how to properly turn the autopilot on/off.

i'll even give you a hint: push the HDG button then ALT then AP.

if all else fails, cry.

Latest resources

Back