• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Now is the time: Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, if there ever was a penultimate sarcastic comment, then you, Ma’am’, take the cake!

All Jet Driver did was a ‘service’ to those who want to go to regional airlines and Eagle in particular, but you, Ma’am, couldn’t even see that and showed your true colors by lambasting a genuine attempt to disseminate good information.

Cocky is the word that would describe you the best: Helpful is the word that would describe Jet Driver the best.

And, if there’s a reward to be had for a successful completion of training of referred ‘new-hire’, there’s indeed NOTHING wrong with that.

Thanks Jet Driver.

One of my former students is looking for a regional gig. This info is very helpful to her.
Is this Martha King? If so tell Jim hi.......and keep those videos coming, they are great.

When they get things going, it will mean FBs leaving Eagle quickly. AA has to call 6 to get 1 right now. At that rate, the 3000 guys on furlough 600-1000 may come back. Eagle has 600 of them.

Now is the time to come to Eagle.

I'm trying to hold my tongue on matters of opinion regarding Eagle's upgrade time, but I will speak to correct a misstatement of fact: according to the Q&A on JetNet we have less than 350 flowbacks currently on the property.

Good post......but if you have 1000 121 turbine experience why would you go to Eagle. I have never heard of anyone with that kind of time trying to get on there. It just wouldn't make any sense.

Now you have. I applied to come (back) to Eagle with about 8000 135/121 turbine. I spent 5 good years here before grabbing the brass ring in '99, then I came back (eventually) after my furlough - because it allows me to live in DFW and not commute, and because I value QOL over money and/or PIC time. It's a good regional job (relatively speaking of course) if you're willing to wait forever for the left seat.

I was posting in regards to newbies who are at 1000 pic 121, not furloughed and came back guys with 8000+. I understand your point of QOL, DFW, etc. The key with your post is the use of (back) to Eagle, not applied originally with 8000. See the difference.

My buddy is just finishing training and so far he has been paid $5,800. He is doing IOE now so forr training that is not that bad.
If I count my per-diem through training my pay was 5950, so it is not bad, but it should be more.

according to the Q&A on JetNet we have less than 350 flowbacks currently on the property.

Hey Swaayze, I just did the math myself on the latest unofficial seniority list from the union website, and we still have 345 flowbacks. If you go to the junior CA's spot on the list (#1445 hired 9/6/99), add 345 to that seniority number, the junior captain would be #1790, hired 1/22/01. I know, that's still almost a 6 year upgrade with no flowbacks on the property..........but don't forget about that 2 yr. 4 mo. hiring freeze! Subtract that from 6 years and it's about a 3 yr. 8 mo. upgrade in the hopefully not too distant future. A large number of flowthrus as well as maybe some guys going to SWA, FDX, CAL, DAL, UAL leaving in the next year or so will reduce that number even further (assuming again that our chronic inability to atrract newhires doesn't destroy the place; in that case, anyone interested in Eagle, disregard everything I've just said and run (don't walk) away from this sinking ship! :uzi: :angryfire :bomb: :angryfire :bomb: :angryfire:puke: :smash: )

IS it true that American charges $30 for Eagle employees to ride along? But if the a/c is full then jumpseating is free? Someone please go in depth on this.

Probably like most other airlines, if you Pass travel you pay something for it, however if you jumpseat, regardless of whether you sit up front or in the back it is free. Ive JS on eagle a few times and never paid. However if I road a companion pass from a friend it would cost me money. XJT is the same way, if you passride it costs something, but JS is free.

Service charge based on mileage. I think most domestic segments will run an employee around $10-15 for coach, around $40-50ish for business. I know, it sucks that they do that, but they do that to AA guys, as well. After 5 years of service, employee gets free coach domestic. International will still be roughly $35-40 service charge plus international fees. Recent trips to Rome and Paris have cost me $35 to go there, $80-90 to return in coach (much of that is French/Italian departure taxes -- even if you jump on UAL/DAL, etc. you'd still have to pay those taxes), more if it's in business class. Yes, if cabin is full and you sit in the jumpseat, they don't charge you anything, and I think a 767/777 jumpseat is way more comfortable than middle seat enonomy, plus you'll probably get a biz class meal. All for free. Go figure. Parents/spouse/children pay about the same service charge and can fly right away if I'm not wrong. Friends get 24 one-ways a year, but they get charged more, and that's after 2 of years service. AMR has a pretty good set of ZED agreements with many international carriers.

Latest resources

Back