• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Northwest App process?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's the completed-app-til-I-get-the-email-as-the-sponsor time.

It varies. If they run the "sort" on Friday...and you score a "26" on the matrix, you'll get called (or your sponsor contacted) before a guy who completes is app on the next Monday...but scores a "28".

As with most things in life: It ain't always who you are, what you are, or even how good you are. Sometimes it's just when you are.

The number of apps is keeping the HR crews busy. They are wading through the "stack", and work all of them in sequence. I you have an internal rec it won't necessarily mean you app will be worked sooner....it just means that when it is worked, you'll move ahead of the others in your batch with the same raw score on the matrix.

Thanks for the information Occams. I for one am glad that its also WHEN. I didnt know anyone at NWA but wanted to work at NWA and I got called. I am really excited about the opportunity and I really appreciate your helpful insight. One question I had was what percentage of interviewees get hired? Thanks

I am curious. What is it that is attracting you guys to work at NWA? Is it domicile preference? or anything else? No bashing, I really mean this. Maybe is something I dont see.

Imho

I am curious. What is it that is attracting you guys to work at NWA? Is it domicile preference? or anything else? No bashing, I really mean this. Maybe is something I dont see.

It's obvious...

NWA's interlying flexibility component ratio is approximately 10X the next competing carrier.

Hope this helps!

That was funny, but no seriously!

I will bite,

I want to go to NWA because I honestly think it is going to be a good place to work and will hopefully be my last job. I am in for the long hall, baring I get hired of course;). I am young and would love to get in at the front of the hiring spree at NWA. I can see a lot of positive changes happening at NWA in the near future and the pilot group seems to be ready to turn things around also. I have a long time to go in my career and NWA would be a great opportunity for me. Bottom line if you are looking short term things may look differently but I am not looking short term. Seniority progression should be quick in the coming years and that is a big factor for me also. In this industry the only thing you can do to get some sort of "job security" is by having a lot of seniority. Also NWA has a base I would like to live near. So those are some of the many reasons why I want to work at NWA. Just my few pennies worth!

does the status on the nwa website change to anything else other than ' Under Review ' ?

Hi!

I applied at NWA:
Better pay starting year 2 than where I'm at.
MUCH higher max pay than where I'm at.
NWA has a lot of senior guys that would be retiring before I do.
More days off than where I'm at.
A better schedule than where I'm at.
TONS better working conditions than where I'm at.
Much newer and better aircraft to fly than where I'm at.
HUGE advantage for my family to travel for free/reduced cost all around the world.
NWA has better technology to communicate with the pilots than where I'm at (scheduling, etc.).

About the same retirement plan than where I'm at.

NWA has great Asian routes.
NWA has the best customer service technology (Internet, kiosks, etc.) of any US airline.
I believe that NWA will merge with DAL, which will improve NWA A LOT in the long run.

NWA vs. UAL (I didn't apply at UAL yet):
NWA's has a long-term plan, which I think is viable.
UAL's plan is based on oil remaining at $50/barrel.
UAL's plan is based on merging-not remaining a stand-alone company. What if they don't merge???
NWA has better basing opportunities.
NWA has better work rules.

NWA vs. CAL (I didn't apply at CAL yet):
NWA has better basing opportunities.
CAL forces you to do ALL training on your days off.
CAL subtracts your vacation days from your normal days off-in effect-you don't have any extra days off when you use your vacation.
CAL doesn't provide insurance for 6 months.

NWA vs. Spirit/AirTran/Frontier/USAir (I didn't apply at any of them yet):
I think NWA's long-term prospects are better than the above.
NWA has better basing opportunities than the above.

NWA vs. Alaska (I don't meet the mins yet):
NWA has much better basing opportunities.

I think that DAL, Emirates, and UPS are better choices than NWA.

FedEx and SWA don't count now, because they aren't hiring.

cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back