• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

NWA has some kind of formula where you get a bunch of points for either:
How many hours per year of flying that you have done, or
How many hours per year of flying that you have done since you got your student license or PPL.

The guys who have flown the most hours consistently get the most points.

In the above situation, it doesn't matter if your TT is high or low, just how much flying per year.

Too bad for me (I didn't fly for 10 years, as I tried to get a job at a bad time).

cliff
GRB

Well that makes sense then. I timed out last year in Nov with 994 hours and this year i have flown 600+ i think. Would have been more but i went through upgrade early this year.

Well that sucks....

There have been times....out of my hands where training transitions at the airline I have been working at has been held up for months and at one for almost a year....while getting paid of course.

Heard from some pilots that hiring is going to be more than expected .....

What did the call consist of? Any questions or just an interview invite?

Heard from some pilots that hiring is going to be more than expected .....

What did the call consist of? Any questions or just an interview invite?

The Call was pretty much just a verify information call. They asked if you failed any check rides, stage checks, etc. Crashed any planes, and how many more hours you have flown since applying as well as confirming where you work and what your position is there. Very straight forward and when they are done they offer you an interview date based on your schedule. I hope this helps good luck.

Superpilot,

Let me know if you hear anything about interview/sim preps. I'm looking too. I live in MSP and imagine there should be something close.

Others,

If you had a sponsor on your app, how long after they get contacted by HR until the phone call for an interview?

TIA (thanks in advance)

Varies. They're still working apps in order of raw score. Some younger guys with the quals will score higher due to the formulas. It took a month for them to e-mail me with the form for the guy I'm sponsoring. Some are getting them with a few days.

They called me for an interview about a month and a half after i put in the app. No internal recs. 3700TT 450 TPIC....

Varies. They're still working apps in order of raw score. Some younger guys with the quals will score higher due to the formulas. It took a month for them to e-mail me with the form for the guy I'm sponsoring. Some are getting them with a few days.

Occam,

Is that time from app until the sponsor gets the form OR time from getting the form emailed to you 'til interview?

Thanks,
R

Occam,

Is that time from app until the sponsor gets the form OR time from getting the form emailed to you 'til interview?

Thanks,
R

It's the completed-app-til-I-get-the-email-as-the-sponsor time.

It varies. If they run the "sort" on Friday...and you score a "26" on the matrix, you'll get called (or your sponsor contacted) before a guy who completes is app on the next Monday...but scores a "28".

As with most things in life: It ain't always who you are, what you are, or even how good you are. Sometimes it's just when you are.

The number of apps is keeping the HR crews busy. They are wading through the "stack", and work all of them in sequence. I you have an internal rec it won't necessarily mean you app will be worked sooner....it just means that when it is worked, you'll move ahead of the others in your batch with the same raw score on the matrix.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back