• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Northwest App process?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I must of won the lottery....Because this never happens to me....But they called me and set up an interview this month.

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take from the time you submitted your app. till you got the call?

times quals and stats too if you dont mind...

took about 3 weeks from the application email until the call....

well....okay...here are the basics 4000TT 3000Multi 2800 Turbine 1300 PIC and ONLY 50 hours 121 PIC(when I applied)....which is amazing they called at all...however I was a MD88 ground school instructor...not sure if that was a factor because of the likelyhood of the 9 for newhires. CL65 and CE501 type ratings

thanks

I have close to 3000tt, 2000 multi 1100 pic and 150 121 PIC, but when i filled out the application I had 0 pic as I filled it out the day i got my CL65 type. I think this is going to hurt me when they see I have a type but no time in it. I am kind of regretting that decision right now. Especially since you can't update it.

I dont know how they decide to call people for an interview but i got called. I have 3000+tt, 2200Multi, 1100pic, 250 tpic with no connections at NWA. So your guess is as good as mine. But your quals are almost exactly like mine.

It seems to me that they are calling those of low to medium time. The 10,000 hour RJ guys aren't getting called.

Ya think maybe NWA is shopping for pilots that will stick around a while and not defect to Delta, UPS, or FDX first opportunity? You think?

I have about 8000 and most people who were in my interview group had about that. Maybe they are mixing it up a little to get a wider range of applicants.

Hi!

NWA has some kind of formula where you get a bunch of points for either:
How many hours per year of flying that you have done, or
How many hours per year of flying that you have done since you got your student license or PPL.

The guys who have flown the most hours consistently get the most points.

In the above situation, it doesn't matter if your TT is high or low, just how much flying per year.

Too bad for me (I didn't fly for 10 years, as I tried to get a job at a bad time).

cliff
GRB

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back