• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No More ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep believing things are hunky dory here. When those skywest 200's and 700's show up this winter I will try not to say I told you so. All of you ganging up and spewing off, ask yourself this, what do I have to gain by stating what I see? All of you small minded people who just throw around slander, and can't debate the issue amaze me. These are the kinds of folks at all these town hall meetings that are comparing health care reform to Nazism. When no facts support your views, use fear and name calling.

<quote>We were to get 20 700's from Delta, they went to Skywest instead. Then they took five 700's trying to break our will on the contract. Then there was the 19 900's that were coming to ASA, but they also went to Skywest. That's 44 airplanes to Skywest, not to mention 12 ATR's, and now 20 200's. SEVENTY SIX AIRCRAFT!!!!! That is just three years of work from our leadership at Skywest. If you figure five crews per plane, that's 760 pilots.</quote>

You can add in N706EV the -700 that was wrecked in BTR that was never replaced.

He is right. Listen, if you are at a regional you are going to eat a sh** sandwich sooner or later. I know you all want to be a Major airline, but it is not what the regionals are or ever will be. You may have a few good years, but just look at the history of regionals: the cycle continues.

I wish all pilots the best, but the endless arguments of "how great my airline is" and "we're getting some new rj1000 or whatever" is tiresome.

One other note: the no furlough clause is worthless.

Guys like this are the reason the Pinnacle TA will pass. They are told by management its this or close the doors, yet when people say "close the doors" they never close. Yet guys like this one will vote anything in just to save a good company. I hate flying with people that say stuff like this for a whole four day, even after you tell them to shut up, they just can't stop.

One other note: the no furlough clause is worthless.

If the no furlough clause is worthless why did they end the furlough cut precisely where the last person protected was at the bottom? Do you believe they would have furloughed exactly 56 if there wasn't a furlough clause?

I'm not saying the clause will work forever or hell even past this spring, but to me saying the clause is "worthless" means the company would have acted like its not even there and furloughed to their satisfaction.

I concede you are correct in that it has worked, but only to a point. But depending on conditions, it can't work forever. Hopefully it won't come to that.

Guys like this are the reason the Pinnacle TA will pass. They are told by management its this or close the doors, yet when people say "close the doors" they never close. Yet guys like this one will vote anything in just to save a good company. I hate flying with people that say stuff like this for a whole four day, even after you tell them to shut up, they just can't stop.
Tell ya what you little dick wad, try to tell me to shut up on a four day why don't you. I'm assuming you are an fo, I look forward to hearing it. If you knew me, you would know that I never do anything I don't believe in. What I'm saying is, we need to be vigilant with our management, all of you holding hands with them, and singing Kumbaya, have had the wool pulled over your eyes. Sure, Brads a good guy, but he does what he's told, Jerry is the one doing the telling. So you go ahead and lick his balls, and when you tell me to shut up on our four day, I'll believe you actually have some of your own.

Well, Pinnacle pilots would be stupid to not vote it in. It will guarantee more flying from Delta.

Boys, we screwed ourselves with our contract. Our competition can easily under-cut us, and will continue to get more flying.

For those of you who think costs don't matter, watch out if that Pinnacle pile of crap passes. We are going to be in a world of hurt.

Did the ASA contract have some kind of cost benchmarks and what is the status on those relating to the original posting.

Latest resources

Back