• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No More ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
for those who haven't heard, the local faa is currently out for blood on this issue, so you need to write up broken airplanes for their sake.

that being said, this isn't yesterday's asa. Things are not as bad as you fear. All delta flying is down about 10%; asa's flying is down about 10%. The sky is not falling. When the economy eventually rebounds and the public starts demanding more flying, we will be okay. Burning the place down is the worst thing we could do now. Relax and go get yourself a beer.

ding ding ding we have a dead on winner!

The only way EV is going anywhere is if SKW allows DAL to amend their contract. EV is shrinking to 500 flights a day this fall. It sucks, but I am sure that if EV goes anywhere it will be in to a merged group with SKW.

The only way EV is going anywhere is if SKW allows DAL to amend their contract. EV is shrinking to 500 flights a day this fall. It sucks, but I am sure that if EV goes anywhere it will be in to a merged group with SKW.

If this is the case (merger), I would suspect United is going out of business...

Trojan

I think they mean actual loss/gain of current planes (ie ATRs, 900s). And, as for accidents, ASA actually has lost 3 planes (all E120s). remember the E120 down in Brazil?
Also we have lost a/c N706EV sitting in BTR never to fly again so that's a net loss of 3...It was never replaced although we were told it would. SH said numerous times they were trying to source one, mainly from Horizon (that didn't happen) and if not then they would ask DL for an additional -900 instead and that didn't happen either.

The sooner you accept the fact that regionals exist at the will of their trunk carriers, the sooner you will accept the month to month fluctuations in your airline's flying. A regional pilot group cannot control its destiny in regards to what flying it gets from its trunk carrier; therefore, pilots should not get upset when airplanes and routes come and go. Instead, they should make the decision to stay and accept the changes or they should leave. Either way Delta will keep adjusting the DCI flying to best suit their needs.

Ok genius.......just where would you have us all go since the obvious smart move is to just move on from these Regionals so we can control our fates????
Hmmm. Let's think. I choose American. Wait, no. They aren't hiring and haven't for years! Well, then of course Delta is a great choice. No, they aren't hiring either. Darn. Well then surely United will get me out of here so I no longer need to worry about my job security! What? Furloughs there too. Now what? Surely I can jump on to Continental. Not them either? How about Usairways? Southwest? Maybe Fedex, UPS, Spirit, Midwest, Alaska?!?! Darn. Not many choices for us guys! Maybe we have a right to worry about our jobs and livings and careers and we don't need lectures from you.
Worry about yourself, thanks.

So if I'm Jerry, and I know that I need to merge my two airlines, but gosh, I really don't want any unions {I'm Morman after all} and my guys have voted one down three times! What do I do? Well, I can shrink the airline with the union, and destroy their gumption, all the while awarding my non-union morman brothers in Christ! Now when I merge the two together I'll have 3000 happy non-union pilots against 1000 unhappy union pilots! Now I don't have to worry about that pesky union any more.

Are yall finally starting to see the picture a little clearer? And Texx, I'm starting to think you are management, If all of these guys are going to be offline in November, why do we need red arrow days for them to go to training in September? We have been told repeatedly that come September there would be very few red arrow days, 17 is not very few.

Are yall finally starting to see the picture a little clearer? And Texx, I'm starting to think you are management, If all of these guys are going to be offline in November, why do we need red arrow days for them to go to training in September? We have been told repeatedly that come September there would be very few red arrow days, 17 is not very few.

Exactly! Why the hell are there this many red arrow days in Sept. I understand why f/o's have several, but that will improve when the captains that are downgraded come over, however how the heck do captains have 17 red arrow days? We were told that Sept was the slowest month also........

You always make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

So if I'm Jerry, and I know that I need to merge my two airlines, but gosh, I really don't want any unions {I'm Morman after all} and my guys have voted one down three times! What do I do? Well, I can shrink the airline with the union, and destroy their gumption, all the while awarding my non-union morman brothers in Christ! Now when I merge the two together I'll have 3000 happy non-union pilots against 1000 unhappy union pilots! Now I don't have to worry about that pesky union any more.

I've believed this for some time now. I have to figure, you are closer to the truth than many would believe.

I've believed this for some time now. I have to figure, you are closer to the truth than many would believe.

It only makes sense...That is what I would do too.....

Latest resources

Back