Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh God!!

I'm puking in my mouth!!!

And without a contract in place at Skywest, just exactly what would insure there were never any red-arrow days at Skywest?

It is the threat of a union which keeps things Ok at Skywest. Join up with them, without a union and things would most likely change. We would at least need an in-house union which would....blah blah blah.

You already know what I'm gonna say.

I will just end with this; Being in this line of work without a union is like living in a ghetto with no gun...stupid.

And I don't think ALPA is perfect, but I know of no in-house which would get us professional activism and safety advocacy.

We're past "what if"...There are a boatload of ASA pilots who would drop ALPA like a bad habit to get over to Skywest.. Given the option. That would be an interesting scenario if it actually materialized.

Imagine that, be able to leave Atlanta and be based in the West Coat or North, flying pretty much the same equipment without red arrow days which ALPA doesn't really have the ability to fight...imagine that, an outright contract violation masked as a "red arrow day" and there's nothing we can do about it.

Why doesn't ALPA make some new uniform changes of its own? It's a violation of the rules? So are red arrow days.

Abernathy,

Honest question here...What has made you change your tune? In the past, you have given me a hard time for my positions. What has caused you to become so negative regarding ALPA...I've noticed more of this recently, and am curious what it is that has caused so many to turn on ALPA recently....

Do you believe in Santa Claus, Fair tales, and the Easter Bunny?

They may bring you over, but after an interview, and then you would be on the bottom of the list.

Are you not familiar with section 1? Please refer to your hymnal on this situation...No interview and Allegheny/Mohawk LPP....Shame on you!

Abernathy,

Honest question here...What has made you change your tune? In the past, you have given me a hard time for my positions. What has caused you to become so negative regarding ALPA...I've noticed more of this recently, and am curious what it is that has caused so many to turn on ALPA recently....

I don't remember if we ever discussed ALPA. Politics maybe. I just think our MEC is MIA right now. They could at least make a noise or a huge stink about the red arrow and 4 day trip nonsense. They what, filed a grievance like 6 months ago? All they have right now is their mascot RP b*tching about conspiracy theories and UFO sightings all day, and no one really knows what the hell he's talking about most of the times anyways.

Most of them probably mean well, but there's an utter lack of strength and effectiveness.

Last edited:
I don't remember if we ever discussed ALPA. Politics maybe. I just think our MEC is MIA right now. They could at least make a noise or a huge stink about the red arrow and 4 day trip nonsense. They what, filed a grievance like 6 months ago? All they have right now is their mascot RP b*tching about conspiracy theories and UFO sightings all day, and no one really knows what the hell he's talking about most of the times anyways.

Most of them probably mean well, but there's an utter lack of strength and effectiveness.

Well I don't think the pilot group is beating down the doors of the MEC either over red arrow days. As a pilot group we are very reactionary to what the company and union give us.

If we really hate red arrow days as much as we all say we do than we need to ask ourselves how often we voice this with the union. Maybe we should complain to them more than we do to each other and scheduling... I have a feeling the union does not make red arrow days the priority that they should. How many senior union pilots mess with open time anyway?

The answer? NONE!!! We all pay them to not fly the line with our union dues! They're busy with PBS and our soon to be amendable contract.

Well I don't think the pilot group is beating down the doors of the MEC either over red arrow days. As a pilot group we are very reactionary to what the company and union give us.

If we really hate red arrow days as much as we all say we do than we need to ask ourselves how often we voice this with the union. Maybe we should complain to them more than we do to each other and scheduling... I have a feeling the union does not make red arrow days the priority that they should. How many senior union pilots mess with open time anyway?

The answer? NONE!!! We all pay them to not fly the line with our union dues! They're busy with PBS and our soon to be amendable contract.

We shouldn't have to beat down the doors of our MEC to represent us; they should always be there when the company is shoving this kind of stuff down our throats. This is their opportunity to shine. Many of us are looking to them to intervene and put a stop to this. Maybe my expectations are a little unrealistic. I think the ability of a labor union to say "the buck stops here" died long ago.

Hate to pee on the anti Red-Arrow day parade, but as I read the contract, they are legal.

They suck!!!!!

But they are legal, as it's written. I will be amazed if we win the grievance. It will take negotiating notes or something to pull this off.

I'm sure the MEC is fighting this one knowing we are hosed.

We shouldn't have to beat down the doors of our MEC to represent us; they should always be there when the company is shoving this kind of stuff down our throats. This is their opportunity to shine. Many of us are looking to them to intervene and put a stop to this. Maybe my expectations are a little unrealistic. I think the ability of a labor union to say "the buck stops here" died long ago.

What part of the red arrow days are a violation of the contract?

I don't believe they're a violation, but PBS is up for grabs and our contract is amendable soon... thats why we should revisit the issue.

Latest resources

Back