• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No More ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you believe in Santa Claus, Fair tales, and the Easter Bunny?

They may bring you over, but after an interview, and then you would be on the bottom of the list.
....and BTW, Santa DOES exist! OBAMA is in the hood handing out free cash for this that and the other thing and he's so PRO union that none of us will ever have to worry again 'cause "we're taking it back"! yea!!!
talk about fairy tales.....

Ok genius.......just where would you have us all go since the obvious smart move is to just move on from these Regionals so we can control our fates????
Hmmm. Let's think. I choose American. Wait, no. They aren't hiring and haven't for years! Well, then of course Delta is a great choice. No, they aren't hiring either. Darn. Well then surely United will get me out of here so I no longer need to worry about my job security! What? Furloughs there too. Now what? Surely I can jump on to Continental. Not them either? How about Usairways? Southwest? Maybe Fedex, UPS, Spirit, Midwest, Alaska?!?! Darn. Not many choices for us guys! Maybe we have a right to worry about our jobs and livings and careers and we don't need lectures from you.
Worry about yourself, thanks.

It took me a long time in the regionals before I got the opportunity to leave. When it came, I took it. I am merely suggesting that until that time comes, you would be better served by accepting the role of the regional carrier instead of whining about it all the time...genius.

Everyone has a right to worry. What is occuring here is people getting upset about the month to month fluctuations in service combined with a lousy revenue environment for everyone. Accept that your role is to feed Delta and wait for your opportunity to leave should you choose. If you choose to stay, then you should also accept that these changes will continue to occur through your entire career and you have no control over said changes.

There is still an operational need for separate certificates. It does appear this may be in the process of being diminished. Along with separate certificates comes independent scheduling, operations, etc. I would believe there is a plan to generate some continuity here along with the training which would be a large cost to standardize. This may be a large stumbling block to overcome at this time with the amount of money invested in ASA to bring it up to par operationally.

SkyWest Airlines is initiating AQP training beginning October 1st, 2009. I know ASA is going to initiate it, but I believe it will come 1st Qtr 2010. All Maintenance processes have been aligned...What's next IS training (AQP allows for 2 sims every 9 mo. vs. 3 per year ASA has now...Saves lots of $$ over a few short years.) And then the biggie...Flight Operations... a la PBS. This appears to have been in the works as we get more and more inline with St. George....

Trojan

All I gotta say is; show me a deal in writing and then we'll talk. Right now it's all blah blah blah freakin blah.

If it were better for Skywest Inc. for us to be one list, we would be. It's that simple. Until it works out that way, we will be separate. And then, when they come and make me the offer, I will apply the same logic.

For now, ALPA at ASA is the best deal for me. Show me the money!!!

(Money being many more things than cash, from QOL to national level professional activism) Hard to put a dollar on those, so Jerry better buck up big or dig in for a down and dirty.

Not my first rodeo beeeeoooootttccchhhh!!!

Delta's role is to be fed by regionals.

It maka da world go rounda.

Delta may soon be a name only which will be operated by the DCI portfolio. Just keep relaxing that scope and see how big our planes get and how far our range is.

And Texx, I'm starting to think you are management, If all of these guys are going to be offline in November, why do we need red arrow days for them to go to training in September? We have been told repeatedly that come September there would be very few red arrow days, 17 is not very few.

Management! HAHAHA

Stick with me here. Sept you have INSTR flying as FOs, they are going to start pulling CPTs that are being displaced off line to train as FOs. They know that CPTs will pick up time to cover some of the open time. In Nov comes a cut in block time, for all DCIs meaning that will balance out most of the need of CPTs reducing the red arrow days.

management HAHAHAHAH

Ohplease....I think you might be onto something here...

What if hundreds of ASA pilots petitioned Skywest management to transfer ASA airplanes to Skywest so that we could come over to the Skywest side and shed ourselves of ALPA....Wouldn't that cause a stir....

We're past "what if"...There are a boatload of ASA pilots who would drop ALPA like a bad habit to get over to Skywest.. Given the option. That would be an interesting scenario if it actually materialized.

Imagine that, be able to leave Atlanta and be based in the West Coat or North, flying pretty much the same equipment without red arrow days which ALPA doesn't really have the ability to fight...imagine that, an outright contract violation masked as a "red arrow day" and there's nothing we can do about it.

Why doesn't ALPA make some new uniform changes of its own? It's a violation of the rules? So are red arrow days.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back