• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No More ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Without the G.O., how can there be a G.O. rumor?

Last edited:
I hear of the 142 slots swaped with USAIR in LGA, ~ 30 will be mainline and 112 will be DCI.

I don't wish for any of this depressingly bad stuff to happen, I'm just telling you what I see. We have done nothing but shrink since the Skywest acquisition, true or false? Are there any protections in our contract that prevent Skywest from doing our flying? Sure they can't take the planes, but they have several aircraft available from the Midwest side. Up until about two weeks ago, I wanted to stay at ASA, but it just keeps getting worse. If you don't believe me about the increase in red arrow days due to swine flu for the winter, go ask one of the chief pilots, thats who I heard it from. I'm not making this ******************** up!

Would you rather your scenario unfold of Skywest invading Atlanta or Delta buying us back? Because that is the latest rumor in the GO. Personally, I'll take the former over the latter.

Delta buying us back? Where do people get this stuff haha!

I don't wish for any of this depressingly bad stuff to happen, I'm just telling you what I see. We have done nothing but shrink since the Skywest acquisition, true or false? Are there any protections in our contract that prevent Skywest from doing our flying? Sure they can't take the planes, but they have several aircraft available from the Midwest side. Up until about two weeks ago, I wanted to stay at ASA, but it just keeps getting worse. If you don't believe me about the increase in red arrow days due to swine flu for the winter, go ask one of the chief pilots, thats who I heard it from. I'm not making this ******************** up!

Relax bro. I don't see any depressingly bad stuff happening. SKW 900 flying is going way down in Sept as ASA 900s are taking more routes over(HOU,MDW). Brad and Charlie sent out a memo that clearly addresses you concern about SKW on the east coast. Did you read it?

While I won't deny that Skywest Inc will take care of Skywest Airlines first I highly doubt that they view ASA as an useless asset. Especially as aggressively as they are looking for new flying for the 20 200s.

You see shrinkage but we've only had a net loss of 2 planes. Unless you believe that a loss of block hours due to a recession is shrinkage. Then everybody including SKW has shrinked.

I haven't been here long but I've flown with enough senior guys that say ASA has changed for the better ever since SKW bought us to know it not such a bad place. I would find your rant completely valid if we were at Comair, not at an airline that spent millions on a pretty nice A-tech center, a new pilot lounge, installing ACARS in every airplane, and completely modernizing our IT system.

ASA has lost 2 planes and neither was pilot error.701EV

I think they mean actual loss/gain of current planes (ie ATRs, 900s). And, as for accidents, ASA actually has lost 3 planes (all E120s). remember the E120 down in Brazil?

I left ASA for 2 reasons: 1. Because I do not prefer to fly <1-2 hour legs; 2. Because the purpose of a regional is to feed it's trunk carrier. I should also mention that when I came to ASA, I had no intention of staying becase of these reasons.

The sooner you accept the fact that regionals exist at the will of their trunk carriers, the sooner you will accept the month to month fluctuations in your airline's flying. A regional pilot group cannot control its destiny in regards to what flying it gets from its trunk carrier; therefore, pilots should not get upset when airplanes and routes come and go. Instead, they should make the decision to stay and accept the changes or they should leave. Either way Delta will keep adjusting the DCI flying to best suit their needs.

Outtahere-

This is nothing new...it's just new for you apparently. Remember when SKYW bought ASA? Remember the paranoia that went on then? You're still here and a captain now as well!

The ATRs were slated to leave the fleet for many years. The maintenance program was a disaster at the end, why would Delta want to all of a sudden want new ones, and give them to ASA? Their fuel savings was easily absorbed by the cost of parts and cancellations.

2 reason for red arrow days in Sept. Training for the displacements and in Nov a cut in block hours.

Latest resources

Back