No MDA pilots take Republic deal..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Traumahawk said:
I guess we're not that different eh? You don't REALLY think you are flying express routes for Northwest still do you? What do you think the people you carry day in and day out were riding on 5-6 years ago??

That's absolutely right, the routes I fly now used to be mainline routes in many cases. The difference is this: I don't tell the furloughed guys that they should be grateful when our airline throws them a few scraps and lets them interview at Pinnacle for a job. I don't like it when a mainline -9 is taken off of a route and a Pinnacle CRJ shows up on it the next week. I certainly don't tell the guy that lost his upgrade slot at mainline because of it that he should "just be happy he has a job."

PCL_128 said:
Maybe you should walk a mile in their shoes before you start talking about how grateful they should be for your pathetic little offer. These guys have been screwed over so many times by now that they're probably numb. Why should they be happy with the scraps you're willing to throw their way? It wasn't that long ago that all this flying was done by mainline and WO'd pilots. Now newbie CHQ pilots like yourself think that you are superior to them and they should be grateful for what you let them have? Laughable at best.

You act as if you know how the CHQ offer compares to the current conditions at MDA. Well please enlighten us PFT_128. How do the pay rates and work rules compare.

By the way there is not one guy at CHQ who thinks himself superior to the J4J's. If anything we learn what we can from them while they're here.

Last edited:
Capt.PoopyPants said:
You act as if you know how the CHQ offer compares to the current conditions at MDA. Well please enlighten us PFT_128. How do the pay rates and work rules compare.

Anyone can find that information. The "offer" was posted here on this thread and the info for MDA is on airlinepilotcentral.com.

Originally Posted by Mike15601
Perhaps the MDA guys are having problems going to an airline that dosnt even have a certificate for the 170 yet.

Why not they fly for one now.
????Yes..MDA has 170's and operate under USAirways certificate. Republic at this point and time does not have even one 170 nor an approved FAA Cert. to operate it. How can MDA guys be expected to even accept a job to a "virtual" airline. There is nothing to go to at this point and time.

Last edited:
Capt.PoopyPants said:

By the way there is not one guy at CHQ who thinks himself superior to the J4J's. If anything we learn what we can from them while their here.

Absolutely.

And PCL, you didn't answer my earlier questions on the previous page. Go back to your hole. You don't understand politics and you sure don't understand this industry. You're in the box. Go educate yourself..please...somehow...

And when you do come back, please, don't lecture people on payscales. You PAID to sit right seat, you completely destroyed any ground you had on this issue.
You ARE the weakest link...goodbye.

stb said:
USAir J4J pilots are flying as F/O's?

This tool doesn't even know what the j4j deal was. But he's damn willing to open the gateway to hell under his nose isn't he?

Capt.PoopyPants said:
By the way there is not one guy at CHQ who thinks himself superior to the J4J's. If anything we learn what we can from them while their here.

Hmm so why the one year training contract from management?

3 sims at $15000:confused: I would want the full 2 month program.

stb said:
Give it a couple of months and I'm sure you will get an ear full.

I'd like to see a REP crew change a couple of months from now.
Imagine a 16 year USAirways pilot flying F/O for a CHQ pilot. Talk about CRM in a cockpit.
Wont happen because U pilots wont work for sub-substandard wages.

This yacka55 is already slandering the MDA FO that he tries to defend. I am sure that whoever sits to my right in the 170 or 145 or 190 for that matter will be nothing but professional as I will do so myself.

Also, "sub-standard" could be defined as working for an airline that is a division of an airline with no money, no future, no positive cash flow and no decent ramp help in a major hub city, while making 1000 bucks more a year.

What the heck is sub-substandard? We don't have subs on property yet. But I'll bet someone says that we'd undercut Admiral Nimitz in the race to the bottom.

Latest resources

Back