No MDA pilots take Republic deal..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mike15601 said:
Perhaps the MDA guys are having problems going to an airline that dosnt even have a certificate for the 170 yet.

Why not they fly for one now.

Stick Man said:
Expense huh? THEY CHOSE THEIR FATE YOU CLOWN!

I didnt force them to do what they did. No one forced them to make the decisions that they have made. Why should anyone be forced to pay a price for the fact that some chose poorly.

Stand up, be a man, be responsible for your own decisions and stop blaming others. The dire straits that most are in nowadays are situations that could have been avoided by solidarity and fortitude. I never knew that when Honest Abe prohibited slavery, it didn't pertain to airline employees, just the ramp help in PHL.

Easy, tulip. Re-read my post: Those were the words of a crew bragging about the exciting new jets, then back-pedalling with the MDA qualifier. I didn't even mention the hideous crone of a FA that bragged nonstop about the 170eeth (she brushed her tooth with firecrackers, apparently) from PHL to SYR to me simply because I'm PDT and I'd be missing out on the "frow thloo"... which collaterally means you can drop the boolsheet about me blaming others. I am not, was not, and I don't really have a sitch to b!tch about anyway (how much ya make on the 70 seater? Uhh, training contract?).

I completely agree with you about owning your decisions, but the shoe will change feet someday, and I'll bet you will feel the sting of being undercut by a doe-eyed 172 captain, stupefied/slipshod management's blunders, or whipsawed against a less en-spined pilot group someday. Maybe not... but the odds are agin' ye.

stb said:
Give it a couple of months and I'm sure you will get an ear full.

I'd like to see a REP crew change a couple of months from now.
Imagine a 16 year USAirways pilot flying F/O for a CHQ pilot. Talk about CRM in a cockpit.
Wont happen because U pilots wont work for sub-substandard wages.

Hey Dumba$$, we have it now. We currently have J4J USAIR guys here now that have no problem flying with us. 100% standup GREAT pilots to fly with.
You need to think before you talk.

ERJDRVR2 said:
Hey Dumba$$, we have it now. We currently have J4J USAIR guys here now that have no problem flying with us. 100% standup GREAT pilots to fly with.
You need to think before you talk.

USAir J4J pilots are flying as F/O's?

PCL_128 said:
You can say that again. $56/hr for an EMB-170 Captain? A two year training contract? Double occupancy hotel rooms in training?

Who does the union representation at Republic? This is pathetic.

Or they could be on the street like the many, many other Airways guys who didn't even get a crack at a jetsforjobs gig in the first place. This isn't a merger brotha. Some places would maybe, give them a job interview; nothing more.

How much were you paid during training at your current regional???

WAIT WAIT...more importantly....How much did you PAY FOR TRAINING as an F/O at your first regional?? Be sure to put a (-) sign in front of your "earnings figure" for us.

Please try walking in our shoes before you ignorantly proclaim our offer is pathetic. You sold your right to judge a LONG time ago

...and around and around we go.

T-Hawk

Mesaba vs. Pinnacle
Skywest vs. ASA
Comair vs. Delta
ACA & AWAC, vs. United
MESA vs. EVERYBODY

Add a new one this month...CHQ vs. MDA

If I missed any please add at your leisure...

Looks like airline management's plan to divide multiple pilot groups is as strong as ever...meanwhile our wallets are getting thinner by the year.

The idea of One Union, One pay scale sounds good to me...

We've got to stick together!

Traumahawk said:
Or they could be on the street like the many, many other Airways guys who didn't even get a crack at a jetsforjobs gig in the first place. QUOTE]

All pilots did have a crack at the jets4jobs. PSA and MidAtlantic(U DOH 9/99)

The LOA was agreed upon a year ago, CHQ managment knew about this before they offered to buy MDA. Included in the LOA is the pilot contract of MDA/USAirways.
A Sale of Assets to CHQ could result in a pay raise to CHQ 170 pilots, per diem, insurance, days off etc.

Question to CHQ pilots, could U pilots come over to REP and their contract be controlling the REP certificate while the CHQ keeps the current contract on the CHQ certificate?
This could lead to two pay rates for U pilots and CHQ pilots flying the 170.
Does the CHQ current contract get to cherry pick other contracts flying for CHQ? (Shuttle America)
For example, if the Shuttle contract had 10 min days off and CHQ only had 9 days off. Would CHQ contract change to have 10 days off min?

No dog in this immediate fight just interested in the outcome.
Dont know why the CHQ pilots are so bent out of shape by the MDA pilots rejecting to work at CHQ/REP?
100% of the group told everyone to go F themselves (U and Rep management, ALPA etc.)and take this job and stuff it if we dont get what was in the contract. On the street one or twice before it wasn't the end of the world.
$500 a week in unemployment for 26 weeks plus furlough pay of a couple of months. Recall rights to USAir/AWA in 10 years.

Last edited:
Traumahawk said:
Please try walking in our shoes before you ignorantly proclaim our offer is pathetic.

Maybe you should walk a mile in their shoes before you start talking about how grateful they should be for your pathetic little offer. These guys have been screwed over so many times by now that they're probably numb. Why should they be happy with the scraps you're willing to throw their way? It wasn't that long ago that all this flying was done by mainline and WO'd pilots. Now newbie CHQ pilots like yourself think that you are superior to them and they should be grateful for what you let them have? Laughable at best.

I Can't Believe This Guy!

PCL_128 said:
Maybe you should walk a mile in their shoes before you start talking about how grateful they should be for your pathetic little offer. These guys have been screwed over so many times by now that they're probably numb.

I sit next to them. I overnite with them. I laugh with them. I respect them. BUT None of the current J4J guys have to say what you are saying for them. Instead, most simply admit this isn't what they pictured 15 years ago, 2 leg commutes on reserve are H3LL, but they are lucky to have jobs and at the end of the day, are grateful to be at CHQ.

PCL_128 said:
Why should they be happy with the scraps you're willing to throw their way? It wasn't that long ago that all this flying was done by mainline and WO'd pilots. Now newbie CHQ pilots like yourself think that you are superior to them and they should be grateful for what you let them have? Laughable at best.
I guess we're not that different eh? You don't REALLY think you are flying express routes for Northwest still do you? What do you think the people you carry day in and day out were riding on 5-6 years ago??

I can say I didn't PFT my way into the right seat where I am. Perhaps it helped the lot of us that didn't build a little more character and perspective that you will always lack. Go update your lists and dream sweet dreams of kicking your first pilot off of the jumpseat.

Many owe these guys respect. It's been a rollercoaster for many of them. But noone anywhere in the BUSNINESS of aviation owes someone else a job. You make the best decision you can make, and see where it leads you.

"Aviation is a table of feast or a desert of famine." - Pete Fusco

Bon A' petit, my friends.

T-Hawk

Latest resources

Back