No MDA pilots take Republic deal..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
std said:
Hmm so why the one year training contract from management?

3 sims at $15000:confused: I would want the full 2 month program.

You would want the full program? Have you ever been through sim training? I would want the shortest sims possible if I already knew the airplane.

As Trauma said it's management's decision, and they probably want some return on their investment in training these guys.

Last edited:
PCL_128 said:
That's absolutely right, the routes I fly now used to be mainline routes in many cases. The difference is this: I don't tell the furloughed guys that they should be grateful when our airline throws them a few scraps and lets them interview at Pinnacle for a job. I don't like it when a mainline -9 is taken off of a route and a Pinnacle CRJ shows up on it the next week. I certainly don't tell the guy that lost his upgrade slot at mainline because of it that he should "just be happy he has a job."

Like you have any control over load factors since 9/11. Like you have any say over passenger/route loads and planning. You are told to fly the planes you a55 and then you get paid to do it - just like us all.

When was the last time a CHQ/RP/SA guy told a mainline guy that he should be happy? We are only saying that our management has provided this situation:

1. This is the flying.
2. These are the airplanes.
3. This is the pay.
4. These are the "incidentals".
5. This is a chance.

Do what you like, and file lawsuits that you'd like but this is the situation. What do you what to do? Join us and move forward or don't join us and do whatever.

Capt.PoopyPants said:
You would want the full program? Have you ever been through sim training? I would want the shortest sims possible if I already knew the airplane

Montreal would be a blast for 2 months on the company's dime. Especially if you were already typed for the plane.

Last edited:
PCL_128 said:
It wasn't that long ago that all this flying was done by mainline and WO'd pilots. Now newbie CHQ pilots like yourself think that you are superior to them and they should be grateful for what you let them have? Laughable at best.

Not superior, just senior. Hey, it's the union afterall. What's laughable is the fact that these 15 year "industry professionals" think they are OWED more than a 25 year old regional new hire. How does the fact they have been screwed over many times mean that anyone should give a flying fvck? I see many homeless people on the street who have probably been screwed over many times-that doesn't mean I am going to bring them home and let them live in my house. Does that make me a bad person? This industry "and life" is about making your own luck. No more, no less. It's all about "I got mine." Don't think for a second that any DL, AA, WN, UA pilot gives a crap about those he left behind. Brotherhood as long as your neighborhood is good.

std said:
Montreal would be a blast for 2 months on the company's dime. Especially if you were already typed for the plane.

Yeah, I would love to be away from my family and loved ones for two months. OOOOHHHH, and I can eat all the restauraunt food I want and never get a home cooked meal. Sign me up.

Last edited:
std said:
Montreal would be a blast for 2 months on the company's dime. Especially if you were already type for the plane.

Yea when I think great places to spend the first one that comes to mind is Montreal! Everyone gets in this industry to be away from home and family for 2 months sitting in some box in a foreign country one that speaks French at that. (I surrender) Hell lets go back and take Algebra 101 just for the fun of it for a couple of months. WTFO. Hope you have fun in French Canada just remember to get the gravy on the on your fries. Eh. I would rather be in some scuzzy town like Toledo.

Thanks for the vine and thanks for the time. I am out.

Last edited:
Traumahawk said:
And PCL, you didn't answer my earlier questions on the previous page.

Would you be referring to the questions about the dead PFT horse that has been beaten to a bloody pulp already? Sorry, I've answered those questions enough. You're welcome to go back and read my answers though.

You don't understand politics and you sure don't understand this industry.

What a joke. As for politics, I take that as a compliment from a far-left lib like yourself. You have yet to make a coherent argument on anything politically related on this board. All you can do is yell Micky Moore sound-bites repeatedly.

As for the industry, you seem to be the one in the dark. You can stick your head in the sand all you want, but these issues won't go away. The industry keeps sinking further and further down the spiral because guys like you won't wake up and realize that what the MDA pilots are doing is the right thing. Someone has to take a stand against management. It obviously won't be you since you apparently have your nose firmly attached to their collective anus, so it will be up to the MDA pilots. At least someone has some balls.

stb said:
I'd like to see a REP crew change a couple of months from now.
Imagine a 16 year USAirways pilot flying F/O for a CHQ pilot. Talk about CRM in a cockpit.
Wont happen because U pilots wont work for sub-substandard wages.

Why not? Happens numerous times every day in the fractionals as retired DL and AA 767/777 CAs fly right seat in Citations and start at 30k per year.

PFT_128 said:
Would you be referring to the questions about the dead PFT horse that has been beaten to a bloody pulp already? Sorry, I've answered those questions enough. You're welcome to go back and read my answers though.

As for the industry, you seem to be the one in the dark. You can stick your head in the sand all you want, but these issues won't go away. The industry keeps sinking further and further down the spiral because guys like you won't wake up and realize that what the MDA pilots are doing is the right thing. Someone has to take a stand against management. It obviously won't be you since you apparently have your nose firmly attached to their collective anus, so it will be up to the MDA pilots. At least someone has some balls.

The definition of irony. A guy who PFT's at Gulfstream accusing someone else of the industries downward spiral. Hey PFT_128 a hear there's a new company named GO-jets looking for FO's on CRJ700's. And you don't even have to pay for the job.

Last edited:
ED GRIMLEY said:
Yea when I think great places to spend the first one that comes to mind is Montreal! Everyone gets in this industry to be away from home and family for 2 months sitting in some box in a foreign country one that speaks French at that. (I surrender) Hell lets go back and take Algebra 101 just for the fun of it for a couple of months. WTFO. Hope you have fun in French Canada just remember to get the gravy on the on your fries. Eh. I would rather be in some scuzzy town like Toledo.

Thanks for the vine and thanks for the time. I am out.

CHQ doesn't have space positive travel during days off in training?

Latest resources

Back