• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJI Bashing...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is correct...and as soon as you get the G4's,G5's and 400's....you can replace them.

I am surprised somebody figured it out....its so simple!

wheeler said:

I use to think the same thing about Gulfstream being the world's finest. Then I moved over to the Falcons. The Falcon 900ex is by far the finest business aircraft. I do like the G-V but the 900ex has a better cabin. The 7x is why Gulfstream is getting into the midsize (G150 G200) market. The G's are losing market share to the Falcons.

We have both brands in our flight department and the Gulfstream is superior in performance, reliability, range, support, and comfort.

wheeler said:
...Gulfstream has a name associated with a high end product. They build the world’s finest long range, stand up cabin private/business aircraft in the world, period. And that’s a given, no one argues this. It is the Bentley, the Mercedes Benz, the Rolls Royce (really, the engines are RR) of the airplane industry...

I use to think the same thing about Gulfstream being the world's finest. Then I moved over to the Falcons. The Falcon 900ex is by far the finest business aircraft. I do like the G-V but the 900ex has a better cabin. The 7x is why Gulfstream is getting into the midsize (G150 G200) market. The G's are losing market share to the Falcons.

Your post is wrong on so many levels and the aircraft you attempt to compare so inappropriate, that it makes me wonder if you are even a pilot at all.

The Gulfstream G550/GV is an Ultra-Long-Range Aircraft with interior dimensions of 50'1" L x 6'2" H x 7'4" W for a Cabin Volume of 1,669 cubic feet and 226 cu.ft. of baggage space. The G550's range is nearly 60% greater than that of the F900EX and almost 20% greater than that of the Falcon 7X.

The Dassault Falcon F900EX is a Large-Cabin Aircraft with interior dimensions of 39'0" L x 6'2" H x 7'8" W for a Cabin Volume of 1,267 cu. ft. and 127 cu. ft. of baggage space.

The Falcon 7X is not a Mid-Size Cabin Aircraft. It is an Ultra-Long-Range Aircraft with a 6 foot longer cabin than the F900EX (other interior dimensions are the same). At it's $39.4 million price point, it competes not with the $21 million G200 or the $13.5 million G150, but with the $38 million Gulfstream G500 and the $35 million Bombardier G5000.

Dassault Falcon is losing their already paltry market share to Gulfstream. In order to meet the demands of their ever increasing order book, Gulfstream announced on Monday a $300 million, 7 year expansion of it's manufacturing and service facilities at Savannah, GA. As a result of the expansion, Gulfstream will increase it's workforce by 25%. Gulfstream enjoyed a 12% increase in aircraft production last year and still was unable to meet market demands.

Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled NJI Bashing.

GV

~

Last edited:
ghostrider64 said:
My crystal ball says that NJI will become 1108. Something tells me 2500+ guys are going to see that the promise comes to be.

Ghostrider,

I hocked my crystal ball last fall. However. I felt as you do until about a month ago. The more I read (especially the NMB decision regarding Uncle Hulas' airline), and the more I analyze the moves being made by management and the political landscape that will affect the NMB, the more convinced I am that the company will win the petition battle. At the very least, the fight will be extremely expensive and will drain 1108 resources that it will need for the next contract negotiation which should begin shortly after petition is filed.

As to RTS reneging on the contract vis-a-vis NJI, none of us down south have heard anything like that. Each aircraft delivery requires five new pilots. According to the LOU, two of them must come from NJA. One will be paid as a Captain, one as an F/O. The next aircraft delivery is in June. We have been told two NJA pilots will be among the five in G-IV school in either late April or early May. Wolfpack may have been somewhat flippant, but if any here have heard anything different, it's news to us.

GVFlyer said:
Your post is wrong on so many levels and the aircraft you attempt to compare so inappropriate, that it makes me wonder if you are even a pilot at all.

GV

Well now we know the "G" stands for GEEK.

BTW, that extra 4" in Falcon width is noticeable when you're looking down the length of a long pneumatic tube:cool:

GVFlyer said:

GV

Ahhhh, rampant intellectualism raises it's ugly head on FlightInfo.com.

Good post, GV, combating ignorance with facts.

You wonder what wheeler was thinking when he made his post. It reminds me of the saying, "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits".

Muddy

BrnJetFuel said:
Well now we know the "G" stands for GEEK.

BTW, that extra 4" in Falcon width is noticeable when you're looking down the length of a long pneumatic tube:cool:

Okay, you got me figured out. What a withering response. You work that out all by yourself? I'm devastated. Most people would think that the G in GVFlyer would stand for Gulfstream, like in, well... Gulfstream V, but you had the keen insight to see what it really stands for.

You must be a Democrat. You use their tactics: resort to name-calling and ad hominem attacks but hate the facts and avoid them at all costs.

...and I can see from your post that you're one of those guys that thinks 4 inches is a big deal.

GV

GVFlyer said:
Okay, you got me figured out. What a withering response. You work that out all by yourself? I'm devastated. Most people would think that the G in GVFlyer would stand for Gulfstream, like in, well... Gulfstream V, but you had the keen insight to see what it really stands for.

You must be a Democrat. You use their tactics: resort to name-calling and ad hominem attacks but hate the facts and avoid them at all costs.

...and I can see from your post that you're one of those guys that thinks 4 inches is a big deal.

GV

Curious, do you get paid everytime you drop the word GUUULFFSSTREEEM? You would be easy to spot anywhere. Your family and friends, and people who just met you, probably are sick beyond belief hearing you drop your G word in every conversation. I would imagine the time it takes from meeting you before you share that your a G-string pilot is about as short as, well as your own personal physical short commings.

Let me share with you what most of us on this board could work out for ourselves. You probably got a nasty comb over or toupee. If you are married, she probably is wider than taller. Your car is either a Camaro or the more exotic version, Corvette (Sam Malone would be proud of you!). You carry a photo of you and your G-string for all people to see at social gatherings. You're jealous you don't have a uniform, so that you could where it on your days off to dinner and grocery shopping. You don't upset the majority of pilots, you just get our pitty.

Regarding the four inches, when you don't have it, my four inches looks like alot.

BrnJetFuel said:
Regarding the four inches, when you don't have it, my four inches looks like alot.

From the lenght of the response (as opposed to anything else), I'd say you struck a nerve, GV.

Do you think it's G'nis Envy? Sorry, couldn't resist.

_SkyGirl_

CE750Driver said:
it shows your integrity.

BTW, I hear your interview process involves xxxxxxxxxxxxx the chief pilot.

And having a moderator edit your tasteless post clearly shows your integrity. This whole thread reminds me of the MTV show “Celebrity Death Match”. It makes no sense.

I will say this; I don’t understand the envy and negative comments over the guys who fly Gulfstreams. I never got to fly F-14’s off a Nimitz Class Carrier, but I sure don’t hate the guys who did.

You guys sound like the RJ pilots I worked with whining and moaning over main line pilots flying 777’s. Yet everyone I knew wanted to get in one. Think about it.

Latest resources

Back