• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJI Bashing...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think what we have here is a situation where we will just have to agree to disagree. No matter how many times it is said to the contrary and explained, the NJI folks will always say seat grab and equipment envy. Must be the electrons in that G cockpit, but in reality is more like the tower of Babel. If I was at NJI (where I did not even apply and do have contacts) I would want to keep my sweet deal and not have to admit my company was built on the backs of someone else and that a lot of my benies came from someone elses' hard work. Being at NJA, it is all about scope and an executive who has stabbed us in the back repeatedly. We say potato - you say potahtoe.

CE750Driver said:
Wolfpack, NJI was offered straight date of hire seniority integration and your boy RTS turned it down. 1108 put it straight on the table in the most fair manner, and again RTS starts games.

Who knows where this will end up now, but it started with a fair offer on this side. I think you have the wrong person speaking for you.

You know also why it was turned down? Because it would screw all of the pilots who have been hear for only a few years, and what about the pilots who just got hired? do you expect them to just take date of hire and get shoved into a beechjet? Think man, think, that just does not work, have to look deeper, like date of hire with a fence, not just date of hire, I can't speak for everyone here at NJI, but I would bet that 99.999% of us have no desire to fly something else like some of you think, we got hired to fly G's and plan on leaving flying G's

batsky2000 said:
Because it would screw all of the pilots who have been hear for only a few years, and what about the pilots who just got hired? do you expect them to just take date of hire and get shoved into a beechjet? ...I can't speak for everyone here at NJI, but I would bet that 99.999% of us have no desire to fly something else like some of you think, we got hired to fly G's and plan on leaving flying G's
Batsky, I think you need to talk to your own FOs. Last year I talked to several GIV FOs in TEB who were looking forward to flying the G200 because upgrade in the IV and V would take too long. Seems they were more than willing to "bid down" to get the left seat.

The offer was to drop the fence and pretend the separate companies never happened. Date of hire and flow back and forth between fleets. It doesn't get more equal than that. How is that more unfair to the NJI newhires? They would have been able to bid a Capt position on our side. Now they can't.....but we can bid to your side. (There is that word again....there shouldn't even be different sides). There is also no talk of "throwing you into a Beechjet." There is this thing called seniority. We can bid an opening but we can't make an opening.

Most of us don't care anything about flying the Gs. Nice airplane, but I have no interest in flying 10 hour legs. They're all yours. We just want to see the company combined into one large operation. It appears on this site at least, we are willing to share our toys, but you aren't.

gutshotdraw said:
And yet, they don't want NJI pilots to have the same right.......
NJI has the exact same option as Options. You are more than welcome to fill out the same cards they did and rights to the same "Democratic process."

batsky2000 said:
Because it would screw all of the pilots who have been hear for only a few years, and what about the pilots who just got hired?
PS....You really missed the boat on this one.

There are several thousand more pilots at NJA that would be affected than those at NJI. We have hired more pilots in the last 6 months than NJI has total. Only the top 300 or so pilots have any chance of bidding the Gs anyway. Your guys would stand a GREAT chance of bidding one of our airplanes. It would seem that you have more to gain by integration than us.

I am a new hire in the XL and am obviously concerned about losing seniority.I left 121 to get away from all of the BS that we constantly had to put up with regarding combining lists.Could someone explain to me what a seniority list with a hedge would mean.

batsky2000 said:
You know also why it was turned down? Because it would screw all of the pilots who have been hear for only a few years, and what about the pilots who just got hired? do you expect them to just take date of hire and get shoved into a beechjet? Think man, think, that just does not work, have to look deeper, like date of hire with a fence, not just date of hire, I can't speak for everyone here at NJI, but I would bet that 99.999% of us have no desire to fly something else like some of you think, we got hired to fly G's and plan on leaving flying G's

Fences were offered for the G's in the G's and NJI out of any other class 4 or BBJs.
Think man, think.
What is wrong with that.

NJA Capt said:
Batsky, I think you need to talk to your own FOs.

Here’s one and I’m basically agreeing with Batsky. I’ve had a pilot license for 19 years, yak, yak, and yak. No I’m better than you are, never said I was. But I didn’t pay my dues in this business to go bid Captain on an Ultra and make 80k/year. No insult, that’s great money for flying that equipment, the problem is I was flying it 8 years ago.

When I came to NJI, I knew full well what I was getting into. NJI wasn’t built off the backs of NJA pilots. More than 30% of our pilots came from NJA. So they built the company themselves, and they deserve credit for that. No one stole anything from anybody. I didn’t go to NJI because I’m a low time inexperienced piper pilot looking to build time (not saying NJA pilots are). I came here because I got an interview based on my resume, and they hired me. Let’s be honest here, most but not all of the NJA pilots are on their 1st or 2nd good flying job. I don’t know a NJI pilot who didn’t pull 20 in the USAF or 5 or more with a major airline. Once again, I’m not saying we’re better, just older. And we certainly have invested our lives into a company that has treated us well.

Date of Hire does nothing for me except loose my Gulfstream upgrade, which is why I came to work here in the 1st place. And at worst, it puts me in the right seat of “something” I don’t want to fly for who knows how long. All with the wonderful blue and white wallet sized “union” card.

No thanks.

CE750Driver said:
Fences were offered for the G's in the G's and NJI out of any other class 4 or BBJs.
Think man, think.
What is wrong with that.

OK Brother,

Here’s the deal. I wasn’t there, didn’t hear a thing your talking about. But I’m here now! So lay it out on the line, what’s the give?

Is the IBT 1108 officially telling NJI pilots they will honor some type of fence in a “friendly” merger?

I do appreciate your civil attitude and demeanor this time around. Hopefully you realize I’m not being sarcastic.

I am not in the office at 1108, but from what I understand, that was the offer. It was flatly refused, so of course now it will get ugly. Maybe someone who was there could verify......

BTW Ive been nothing but civil to you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back