NJI Bashing...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
laterallymobile said:
I was wondering what NJA really wants with NJI. NJA has bigger a/c and probably makes better money at the upper end of the payscale. All of this with pretty good work rules.

To some people on the outside of this fight it often looks like the only goal is to burn down NJI any way possible. One side is not being used against the other to outsource flying or put anyone on the street as would be the case with an alter ego. Kind of looks like the union just wants victory for victory's sake.
My perspective - Santulli has always used NJI as a tool to show his displeasure at NJA pilots for having the nerve to desire a written contract reference work rules and to have a way of insuring those rules are applied fairly and equally within the ranks of NJA. Sort of like giving one son preferential treatment to teach the other son a lesson.

What do I want to happen? Let the courts decide if NJA and NJI should be combined under a Single Carrier ruling. This is a battle between NJA pilots and Santulli. NJI pilots are on the sideline. They were placed there by Santulli. I see Santulli as the instigator of this battle based on his history of false promises, negotiating tactics, and general disregard for the NJA pilots. I'm ready for him to reap the harvest of the seeds he has sown over the past decade or longer.

I don't like Santulli. I like working at NJA. I was anti-union when I came to NJA (EJA). It didn't take long for me to understand why unions were needed at certain companys (and NJA, due to Santulli, is definitely one of those companys). Now it would be nice if we had another division of NetJets that Santulli hated so he could throw additional money and benefits at us to teach those "other bastards" a lesson. NJI has enjoyed that benefit. If I were an NJI pilot I would be unhappy that my preferential treatment was being challenged. If I were an NJI pilot I would probably be a huge Santulli fan because I would be benefitting while Santulli tried to show those NJA bastards a lesson.

It's not a battle between NJA and NJI pilots, but between NJA pilots and Santulli. That's my emotional argument.

My rational argument is that I feel it is more costly to run separate Headquarters for NJI and NJA. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe it would be cheaper to build separate operation centers for the 400XP fleet in LAX, an Ultra center in DAL, a Hawker 800XP center in EWR, CE-750 center in MIA, and so on and so forth. I think Santulli built the new facility and moved NJI away from CMH because Santulli was trying to head off part of the case that supported the single carrier argument. I think he chose to move it close to Savannah because that is where the Gulfstreams are produced. Was it enough? I guess a court will decide. No big deal one way or the other, but to me it's the principle and I feel it's worth pursuing. I'd like NetJets to be profitable and efficient for a long time. If it costs more to run two (or more) separate operations centers then I'd like to see that waste trimmed. More money for the employees and shareholders is a good thing in my eyes.

Last edited:
Majik said:
Santulli has always used NJI as a tool to show his displeasure at NJA pilots for having the nerve to desire a written contract

NJI was created for several reasons; 1st and foremost because your duly, legally and ethically elected union signed off on it (Indian Givers). Somebody somewhere over there in Teamsters Headquarters said “OK”. Quit thinking about today and tomorrow and remember how you got here Buckaroo

Majik said:
More money for the employees and shareholders is a good thing in my eyes.

Don’t you mean the shareholders, then the upper management, and then maybe the employees? Hey Bud, this is A-meri-ka, land of the free, the stupid and Hollywood. Don’t like your pay wages, go open a Starbucks in a disserted Shoney’s building. Quit trying to strong-arm corporate America with union tactics. Or better yet, if you don’t like the way your company is being run, go straight to the man and tell him you want a shot a fixing this place. Then you can make the decisions.

RustyFan said:
NJI was created for several reasons; 1st and foremost because your duly, legally and ethically elected union signed off on it (Indian Givers). Somebody somewhere over there in Teamsters Headquarters said “OK”. Quit thinking about today and tomorrow and remember how you got here Buckaroo

Don’t you mean the shareholders, then the upper management, and then maybe the employees? Hey Bud, this is A-meri-ka, land of the free, the stupid and Hollywood. Don’t like your pay wages, go open a Starbucks in a disserted Shoney’s building. Quit trying to strong-arm corporate America with union tactics. Or better yet, if you don’t like the way your company is being run, go straight to the man and tell him you want a shot a fixing this place. Then you can make the decisions.

Starbucks doesn't offer franchise opportunities every Starbuck's is company owned. I agree with you though starting your own business is the way to go. The sense of accomplishment, financial freedom, and the feeling of liberation is something you'll never fully experience working for somebody else.

NJANJIFLEXFLOP said:
WOLFPACK...You have been very nice...I however dont care what they think.

Ahem, Integrity???? CE700Driver (AKA CE750Stealer) you have no integrity after admitting to stealing tips for cleaning your airplane.....go somewhere else a come back with a better defense. And NJI isnt scared of any union that itself doesnt know what they are going to do muchless how they are going to win..(Like that will ever happen)

Its plain and simple.. We here at NJI avoided NJA, FLEX, FLOPS, CocaCola, HP, NIKE, etc etc to come here to NJI. It just wasnt they place we wanted to be. Not because of a Union it was because we wanted to fly international trips in the Gulfstream. And remember we didnt just fall out of a 172 into this position just like none of you did. NJI, just like NJA, has an interview process and we all went through it with multifaceted resumes.

I think that the better question is WHY is NJA so thirsty for NJI? What gives? If you dont want to do the long flights why are you even interested. MOre Union Dues for your Proud Union? That doesnt help you as the individual...but it sure helps the TEAMSTERS..(Oxymoron)

I spoke my peace....But come on...Quit trying to scare us with tactics like, stapling, blah blah blah thats what Unions "due".....We arent union and it doesnt work over here.

BTW...Is Granny still helping you make your Car payments from the TIP jar??

Hey lozer, do a little search. That was 750driver that was saying that tip stuff. If you cant even do a little search before you come on here and start throwing that stuff around, it shows your integrity.

BTW, I hear your interview process involves xxxxxxxxxxxxx the chief pilot.
Have a nice day, and in the future, when you sling mud, please check your facts.

Last edited by a moderator:

It is always nice to hear from the informed. First, NJI was "exempted" for the term of the past contract, which expired in 2001, not for life as you may believe. It was a 3 year exemption only. Second, this exemption was based on multiple promises made by the Great One to the pilots at EJA as to what would happen at NJI, and what would happen hear. NONE of those promises were kept, and in fact most were reneged on before the ink dried. Additionally, this TEMPORARY exemption was given based on the Great Ones statements, as truth, as to how the whole operation would not happen if we insisted on getting them. Do you know that he promised that once Gulfstreams joint marketing agreement was over, the aircraft could then easily be returned to EJA? Or, that he "wanted the operation at EJA, that EJA was his love and life, that only Forstmann was the reason for having them TEMPORARILY seperated from HIS company." Of course his promises, several times, over several years before, that "EJA would soon be flying Gulfstreams" was just another reason for my recommendation to reject the third attempt at a contract in 1998. I didn't believe for a minute the BS he was spilling. I knew that Forstmann needed airplanes sold, and could care less about who flew them. He, not the Union, elected to have a temporary exemption, and time is up.

Indian Giver, you must mean Santulli, right? The reason this has come this far is that people have finally woken up to the deceit and dishonesty. EJI was built on it from day one, and every time a contract becomes ammendable, all things in it are up for "renegotiation". Don't worry yourself too much though, you can bet that the same "ethics" will shine brightly on this whole thing as well.

RustyFan said:
Oooooooh, I'm sorry but your answer is wrong. Although you didn't win any money or parting gifts at least you hopefully learned something. Better luck next time though.

And while you're at it...

Everyone can thank BBJPilot if you today enjoy prospective rest for your 135 and 91K flights... as he forced the FAA Chief Counsel to take a stand.

Oh you 121 pilots too. Thats OK ALPA has thanked him on their website.

He's done more for professional pilots than likely all the rest of us reading these boards combined.

What your company and FSDO don't obey the FAR duty and rest regs? IBT1108 can help you with that. FLOPS management will be learning to comply with rest rules soon.

Last edited:
BBJpilot once again has to dish up factual history for those who have a short memory over there at NJI. It would be easier to just start a thread of "Self study for NJI pilots with short memories or inabilities to do a search" and let BBJpilot copy all his replies to it.

Hey guys, just print it out this time and stick it in a folder so that in a couple years you can look back on what really happened. History will prove that the Union will only improve you're lifestyle and the lies you're fed from the great one, are well documented on our side.

BBJPILOT said:
It is always nice to hear from the informed. First, NJI was "exempted" for the term of the past contract, which expired in 2001, not for life as you may believe.

Hey Bubba, nice spin…

“Your Union Masters have taught you well Obi Won”

Too bad you’re just pissed off because you know you guys stamped the whole EJI thing with your approval and signed the side letter. Promises or not, you did it. Next time get it in writing Einstein. You’re just pissing green backs away, and I’m laughing at ya, big Guy! You’re A-team players left that union and kissed it Good-Bye in 1996 and never looked back. You obviously didn’t get an invite to the party.

You won’t win this Petition, I know it, and you know it. The Republicans are going to keep the White House, Management always wins, and you boys are spinning those wheels for nuttin! If our boys thought for one moment we were in jeapordy, we’d unionize just to head you off at the pass, Nimrod!

But hey, I know your little NJA kids just love ya, because you fly a 737, enjoy your fame!

My $ has always been on Mr. Richard Santulli and company. And listen, don’t feel bad and get all upset, it’s not your fault he likes us better.

Majik said:
Oooooooh, I'm sorry but your answer is wrong. Although you didn't win any money or parting gifts at least you hopefully learned something. Better luck next time though.

I think your brain works like your Avantar...

Latest resources

Back