NJI Bashing...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ghostrider64 said:
BTW news is I get to fly a Gulfstream now. I was just awarded the "GULFSTREAM 200"

Awesome!

I climbed around a 200 last month while down at the factory. Looks like a really nice airplane with a wide cabin for its size. The only thing I couldn’t figure out is why they’re painting all the leading edges ‘black’?;)

On side note; just checked my mail… still nothing from 1108 on what they expect to see happen to me and my position once they win the petition.

wolfpackpilot said:

The only thing I couldn’t figure out is why they’re painting all the leading edges ‘black’?;)

Don't worry - Gulfsteam's painting them silver on the G150. ;)

Guitar Guy said:
Don't worry - Gulfsteam's painting them silver on the G150. ;)

Here’s my question concerning this airplane. I’ve seen the photos and read the website, however…

Gulfstream has a name associated with a high end product. They build the world’s finest long range, stand up cabin private/business aircraft in the world, period. And that’s a given, no one argues this. It is the Bentley, the Mercedes Benz, the Rolls Royce (really, the engines are RR) of the airplane industry.

Cessna and Raytheon build the Chevrolets of the business. But guess what, those Chevy’s are dependable, affordable and you find them on every street corner. They own this market, lock stock and barrel.

Why in the world is Gulfstream trying to break into a market so heavily dominated by Cessna and Raytheon when the products they offer are as good as, and more affordable than theirs? I see this as a risky venture in that if this doesn’t work out for Gulfstream, they will have x number of dead airframes flying around with their name in front of them. Speaking of Mercedes Benz; they took it in the shorts when they launched that C-series a few years ago.

But once again, no one called my house for advice before inking the deal!

wolfpackpilot said:
Here’s my question concerning this airplane. I’ve seen the photos and read the website, however…

Gulfstream has a name associated with a high end product. They build the world’s finest long range, stand up cabin private/business aircraft in the world, period. And that’s a given, no one argues this. It is the Bentley, the Mercedes Benz, the Rolls Royce (really, the engines are RR) of the airplane industry.

Cessna and Raytheon build the Chevrolets of the business. But guess what, those Chevy’s are dependable, affordable and you find them on every street corner. They own this market, lock stock and barrel.

Why in the world is Gulfstream trying to break into a market so heavily dominated by Cessna and Raytheon when the products they offer are as good as, and more affordable than theirs? I see this as a risky venture in that if this doesn’t work out for Gulfstream, they will have x number of dead airframes flying around with their name in front of them. Speaking of Mercedes Benz; they took it in the shorts when they launched that C-series a few years ago.

But once again, no one called my house for advice before inking the deal!

It's called establishing brand loyalty. I have heard about 20% of G200 sales have later turned into G4 sales. Maybe that's why Gulfstream provides such amazing field support for their products. Owners who experience that level of support will stay with the Gulfstream brand when they are ready to upgrade. They have about 125 or so 200's delivered so far....so maybe profit could also be a factor.

On side note; just checked my mail… still nothing from 1108 on what they expect to see happen to me and my position once they win the petition.

Wolfie Wolfie Wolfie - the train does not come to your house. (Of course you are an Auburn fan lol) If you want to get on board you have to go down to the station and talk to someone about buying a ticket. Of course you can just sit at home waiting for it to come to your door and get left behind. And this train is picking up speed - it is amazing to watch.

old*art said:
(Of course you are an Auburn fan lol)

Im gonna get ya for that one!:D

Fortunately I don’t see myself buying a ticket to ride that train. A pilot in my position and with my qualifications will be much better off in the long run by just going straight corporate in the unlikely event I get hosed by the 1108. Luck has it I’m typed in a line of aircraft that is still mostly non-fractional in nature.

Now I’m not arguing, but I see shades of blackmail and dirty union tactics when I hear things like: "send 150 bucks to find out what’s going on" or "the balls in your court".

The 1108 have played their cards; you want the NJI, the planes, the flying, and the whole thing. So what is your intent on the 300+ pilots who work there if you win the petition? What’s the big secret, we know your trying to invade the country, we can see the tanks on the border. If you win the war, what are you going to do with the NJI citizens?

Spill your beans 1108 leadership. Be the professional, fair "Strong Union" people you say you are and give me some info? Even a thief thrown in jail has to be charged within 48 hours of his arrest. The aviation world was watching you last fall, they’re watching to see what you do here as well.

Wolfpack, NJI was offered straight date of hire seniority integration and your boy RTS turned it down. 1108 put it straight on the table in the most fair manner, and again RTS starts games.

Who knows where this will end up now, but it started with a fair offer on this side. I think you have the wrong person speaking for you.

CE750Driver said:
I think you have the wrong person speaking for you.

And you think 1108 are the right people to speak for us??? It seems it would be difficult for them to represent both sides equally. Wolfpack brings up a good point. What is the ultimate plan of 1108? (if they win). RTS turned down the date of hire integration because he is betting (and paying a lot of $$$) on the petition failing.

I think it is interesting that most everyone here applauds the fact that the pilots of Flight Options exercised their rights to use a a democratic process to change their representation status. The members of 1108 have been championing the rights of pilot groups to exercise self determination in how they deal with their respective management group.

And yet, they don't want NJI pilots to have the same right.......

Things that make you say, hmmmmmmmmm.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back