NJI Bashing...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wolfpackpilot said:
I don’t understand the envy and negative comments over the guys who fly Gulfstreams.

If you were paying attention you would realize that there is neither envy or negative comments to those who fly GStrings simply because they fly that particular brand. It's the few asses who rear their heads up at any opportunity to tell the world that they fly those airplanes. Wouldn't say there is more of them in the Gstring, just that they're more obscene. I prefer my Falcon, big deal. I occasionally talk about it because it's my job. Unlike some of the Gstring drivers on this board that preach it like it's their life. Quite sad, honestly. It's just entertaining to hold the mirror up to them occasionally.

BrnJetFuel said:
Curious, do you get paid everytime you drop the word GUUULFFSSTREEEM? You would be easy to spot anywhere. Your family and friends, and people who just met you, probably are sick beyond belief hearing you drop your G word in every conversation. I would imagine the time it takes from meeting you before you share that your a G-string pilot is about as short as, well as your own personal physical short commings.

Let me share with you what most of us on this board could work out for ourselves. You probably got a nasty comb over or toupee. If you are married, she probably is wider than taller. Your car is either a Camaro or the more exotic version, Corvette (Sam Malone would be proud of you!). You carry a photo of you and your G-string for all people to see at social gatherings. You're jealous you don't have a uniform, so that you could where it on your days off to dinner and grocery shopping. You don't upset the majority of pilots, you just get our pitty.
Wrong on all counts, sport. GVFlyer is a pretty well known Gulfstream test pilot in the Gulfstream community. It's mainly because he used to MC the Aviation Managers and Pilot's Seminar at Gulfstream Workshop and make presentations for the factory at FSI Gulfstream Initial courses. But also, a lot of pilots know him because he flew completion flights with them or delivered their airplanes then stuck around to train them.

He's a six footer who lives at the gym. Until he married a significantly younger blonde Gulfstream exec, he had a rep as somewhat of a player around Gulfstream and Savannah FSI. His wife was used as a cabin stuffer in Gulfstream brochures so if you know where to look you can see a picture of her.

His standing up for Gulfstreams is pretty much like you backing NetJets or 1108 or whatever it is that you stand for. Give the guy a break.

Last edited:
[quote=GVFlyer]Your post is wrong on so many levels and the aircraft you attempt to compare so inappropriate, that it makes me wonder if you are even a pilot at all.

The guy in the back writes the check and he say's he likes the cabin better than the cigar tude of the G's. I also like the Falcon alittle better. We don't always need to go 6500nm none stop so the 900ex fits the bill. If and when we do need the range, we use our Netjets share of the G5. As soon as Netjets gets the 7X we will drop the G5 and pick up the 7X. The boss likes the cabin and he writes the check.

Also Mr Moss is the one that said getting into the midsize planes (G150 G200) was to try and gain market share in the hopes of up grading owners later into a real Gulfstream.

Eh.

I've flown G's. Got about 600 hours in em. You won't see it in my list of types because at my last company I was an F/O on the G-plane and they didn't type F/O's.

Anyway, it was a nice enough plane. Very comfortable. Pax liked it a lot. Not too terribly exciting or challenging to fly though. Got to some interesting places in it.

I have NOT flown the Global Express, but I've been in it, so I can't comment on it's flight characteristics, but I think from a cabin comfort/range/speed/and size point of view, it's a much nicer plane than the GV.

Who flies the better plane is subjective. Most folks really like the plane they're currently in. Personally, I really enjoy the Citation X, my current steed of choice. but maybe that's because just when I'm getting tired from flying too much it rewards me with a trip to the service center.:rolleyes:

GEXDriver said:
Wrong on all counts, sport. GVFlyer is a pretty well known Gulfstream test pilot in the Gulfstream community. It's mainly because he used to MC the Aviation Managers and Pilot's Seminar at Gulfstream Workshop and make presentations for the factory at FSI Gulfstream Initial courses. But also, a lot of pilots know him because flew completion flights with them or delivered their airplanes then stuck around to train them.

He's a six footer who lives at the gym. Until he married a significantly younger blonde Gulfstream exec, he had a rep as somewhat of a player around Gulfstream and Savannah FSI. His wife was used as a cabin stuffer in Gulfstream brochures so if you know where to look you can see a picture of her.

His standing up for Gulfstreams is pretty much like you backing NetJets or 1108 or whatever it is that you stand for. Give the guy a break.

So let me get this straight. The guy who has nothing to do with this fractional thread not only eats, sleeps, and breaths the almighty GString, his family does too? Not many people really care, except perhaps you and associated Share holders. Hopefully he's getting a cut of the advertising expenses. Wish these types would go peddle their products somewhere else. RTS already knows about the Gstring and has made his purchases. Now it looks like he's going to fill the stables with a more qualified competitor. Let's leave it at that.

GVFlyer said:
You must be a Democrat. You use their tactics: resort to name-calling and ad hominem attacks but hate the facts and avoid them at all costs.

GV

Gotta love it... ;)

GVFlyer said:
Okay, you got me figured out. What a withering response. You work that out all by yourself? I'm devastated. Most people would think that the G in GVFlyer would stand for Gulfstream, like in, well... Gulfstream V, but you had the keen insight to see what it really stands for.

You must be a Democrat. You use their tactics: resort to name-calling and ad hominem attacks but hate the facts and avoid them at all costs.

...and I can see from your post that you're one of those guys that thinks 4 inches is a big deal.

GV

I really like that part about "must be a Democrat". You must be a Republican , you whine like a little bitc*. You also talk a big game as long as someone elses as@ is on the line and you're not doing the fighting. Look no further than the broader based pilot demographic who happen to mostly be Republican to find the their true colors. Keep whoring them selves out for lower wages, never stand up for themselves, talk a big game and then sell out on themselves and their fellow aviators via way of agreement to concessionary contracts, and always look out for number one.

GVFlyer said:

GV

I like it! Succinct and deadly accurate.

SS

realityman said:
Eh.

I have NOT flown the Global Express, but I've been in it, so I can't comment on it's flight characteristics, but I think from a cabin comfort/range/speed/and size point of view, it's a much nicer plane than the GV.

The Global XRS can't compete with the Gulfstream G550 in range or speed and the cockpit, with it's tiny 8" displays, is Medieval compared to the G's PlaneView.

SS

Latest resources

Back