NJA sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
h25b said:
Amazing... Talk now of "augering-in" aircraft. I don't think I've heard the term "auger-in" since watching "The Right Stuff". What's involved when you auger in anyway???

au·ger https://secure.reference.com/premiu...ttp://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=auger ([font=verdana, sans-serif] P [/font]) Pronunciation Key

1. <LI type=a>Any of various hand tools, typically having a threaded shank and cross handle, used for boring holes in wood or ice.
    2. A drill bit.

1. A machine having a rotating helical shaft for boring into the earth.
    2. A rotating helical shaft used to convey material, as in a snow blower.

We've seen how well these 'investigations' work, people get promoted, not shown the door. I doubt that you can hear a heated discussion going on in the SOC from over there in dispatch.

Last edited:
hawkercpt said:
au·ger ([font=verdana, sans-serif] P [/font]) Pronunciation Key

1. <LI type=a>Any of various hand tools, typically having a threaded shank and cross handle, used for boring holes in wood or ice.
    2. A drill bit.

1. A machine having a rotating helical shaft for boring into the earth.
    2. A rotating helical shaft used to convey material, as in a snow blower.

Things are truely bad now at NetJets... Rotating helical shafts, things boring in to the Earth, material being conveyed, threaded shanks, cross handles, and so on ... First I thought this talk of "augering" was just the talk of some melodramatic pilots, now I think it's a regular construction site.

:) :D :confused:

x402 said:
We've seen how well these 'investigations' work, people get promoted, not shown the door.

Please don't pass this stuff off as if it were true without citing examples.

x402 said:
I doubt that you can hear a heated discussion going on in the SOC from over there in dispatch.

Thats not the point now is it?

To Ace-of-the-base and others:

My post earlier was not melodramatic, unprofessional, or silly. Most of us like to boast how professional we are or how we seek to perfect our flying skills, communications, and behaviors. Truth be told, we are ALL flawed, as we are human. We have feelings and emotions. To deny them would be silly.

To say that going through a divorce does not affect your flying is bordering on stupidity or arrogance. To say that once you're in the cockpit, you're all of a sudden a robot who immediately forgets about your families, your mortgage payment, or job security is just lying to yourself. You may not think about it during decision height, but you're thinking about it during cruise, on every flight, period.

Simply put, the delay of the contract has put many families' lives, marriages, mortgage payments, and dreams at jeopardy. To compound, the alleged deceiptful actions of the company smack many pilots in the face on each flight.

These thoughts felt during cruise flight, or perhaps during a pre-flight or post-flight period where concentration is not at it's peak CAN affect the outcome of the flight - I don't care how professional you think you are.

I am relaying information from pilots who have spoken to me on the line. You can choose to insult me, but that's not going to fix the attitudes of Netjets pilots.

By the way, I am leaving Netjets to brighter pastures, but I recognize that many pilots cannot because of age, experience, financial requirements or simply due to the fact that the aviation industry is not hiring a lot of pilots now.

And, oh by the way, I am sober right now.

beytzim said:
Simply put, the delay of the contract has put many families' lives, marriages, mortgage payments, and dreams at jeopardy.

I'm sorry, I just don't see how any intelligent human being could take a job that would not sustain their family unless the pay went up. Seems really irresponisble. I don't think anyone should take a job if they cannot live for several years on the CURRENT salary (hopes, dreams and promises don't pay bills).

Ace

Ace-of-the-base,

You must be the perfect individual who never does anything wrong and makes all the correct descisions.

Many, many people took the job at NJA because they were specifically told years ago that the contract was right around the corner. Many pilots were furloughed and accepted the job because it was the only job available at the time. Families have had additional children or due to unforseen events they are close to financial hardship.

I guess being perfect you couldn't possible understand what our lives are like so please refrain from making ignorant statements.

Lrjet55 said:
Ace-of-the-base,

You must be the perfect individual who never does anything wrong and makes all the correct descisions.

Many, many people took the job at NJA because they were specifically told years ago that the contract was right around the corner. Many pilots were furloughed and accepted the job because it was the only job available at the time. Families have had additional children or due to unforseen events they are close to financial hardship.

I guess being perfect you couldn't possible understand what our lives are like so please refrain from making ignorant statements.

This isn't perfection, buddy, just common sense. You don't take a job for less than you need to live! If your situation changes, you look for a job that DOES support your new requirements. Simple. I don't think it is ignorant to apply some simple economics and math to this. I think it's great for you guys to fight for fair wages, but it's sheer stupidity to count on it.

Ace

Ace,

There are pleny of reasons to take a job that does not pay what you need it to.

as an example,
My RICH DAD says you should take a job for experience not for money.

I guess he means so you can take away the knowledge you need and can apply in a Business of your own.

Well not many of the pilots were in it for that. But as a pilot if you are furloughed or otherwise not flying you have an issue with currency. When applying for another job you may find that to stay flying is worth more than the pay itself. Granted someone in this situation should do so only as long as it takes to MOVE ON.

Yes Ace, I admit I foolishly hung around longer than originally intended. Passing on better deals. We have seemed to be just 6 months away from settling things for over 4 yrs now. 4 years ago with 29 BBJs on order I did the math and figured I could be in Left seat of the 737 faster here than by going to SWA. I was wrong.

In for a dime, in for a dollar.

Latest resources

Back