Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
beytzim said:
AceoftheBase,

I don't understand why you don't get this. Perhaps I should explain it in laymen's terms.

Bob Smith, whose 45, comes to Netjets with hopes and dreams of making a six figure salary in a few years. He tells his wife and his kids that soon they'll be able to buy a new car and go on nice vacations. The company and the union both say the pay raise is just a few months away.

Month after month, Bob waits, his wife, on the other hand is nagging him about the raise. His kids are now off to college, but no nice vacations as promised. The union and the company are saying to hold on just a few more months.

Bob waits. His wife is now pestering him about the so called raise. His kids want to take some electives, but he can't afford that. Forget about that new car. Soon, though, soon, Bob knows.

The union announces a contract is just around the corner. The company says they want to get this done asap. Bob is reassured.

Bob waits. The wife is now pissed. Where's the money, Bob? The kids come home for summer, but not going on vacation anywhere. The **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** car's AC went out again. The raise should be here by Fall.

It's now four years later, Bob is 49 and too old for an airline. If he leaves, he'll take a pay cut and even move, so he can't. He's stuck. So now he's pissed off, sad, agrivated, and frustrated with his decision making for the last four years.

But certainly he isn't thinking about any of that when he's flying at FL390.

Guess the cat got your tounge. Don't worry, I see it as an endorsment.

Perhaps 'Bob' is too busy getting his wife to dye her hair (he actually has always wanted a blonde) and getting her to learn french ('cause he has always regreted that he didn't have the guts to talk to that hot girl in Paris when he was 15). Good work Bob, get into a situation that doesn't work for you and then try to change it. Me, I guess I've always been too lazy, I just look for a better gig and let the laws of demand take over.

Ace

I ran into a dummy from FlexJets the other day. He was complaining about being woke up by the company. Interrupting his rest so on and so on. I told him he should call his POI. He told me his POI agreed with the company. I told him to call the FAA and report his POI as a complete dumba$$.

The FlexJet guy actually said "Maybe you guys at NetJets could call and report FlexJets for FAR violations."

I said" Maybe you should grow some hair on you ball sack become a man and report it yourself or vote in a union and let them handle it."

I don't have to break the FARs to keep my job at NJA. My union stands up for us.

Some Dude said:
I ran into a dummy from FlexJets the other day. He was complaining about being woke up by the company. Interrupting his rest so on and so on. I told him he should call his POI. He told me his POI agreed with the company. I told him to call the FAA and report his POI as a complete dumba$$.

The FlexJet guy actually said "Maybe you guys at NetJets could call and report FlexJets for FAR violations."

I said" Maybe you should grow some hair on you ball sack become a man and report it yourself or vote in a union and let them handle it."

I don't have to break the FARs to keep my job at NJA. My union stands up for us.

So is someone at NetJets demanding that you break FAR's?

I also love the contradiction....you want to tell someone else to "grow some hair on you ball sack become a man" and report the violation themselves, when you evidently dont have the nuts to do it yourself - you have to have a union do it for you.

I guess there are 2200 stupid pilots at Netjets, and you Ace-Of-The_Base, is smarter than all of them. You must be a joy to fly with.

Netjets is a great company, except for the money. The schedule is great, the benefits are very good, job security is unmatched, the airplanes are well maintained, and despite the current bickering, the company follows the FARs to the letter. Yes, you can make 100k+ at joe's sh^t ball 135 charter company where you're only on call 24/7 seven days a week, you have to carry mx items all the time, cause that's the way the business is. So what if you have to ferry the airplane back if it exceeds 14 hours, it's a 91 ferry. Besides you should be happy, they paid your moving expenses when you left your childhood town to come there.

Look, buddy, I guess it was a mistake to believe other people. I guess some people are trusting of others - how ridiculous. Bob is not stupid. Bob wants a secure job where he's home with his wife and kids, where he flies well maintained airplanes. Got all that already. Bob just wants the salary that the CEO of the company promised, that's all.

Talked with a few Flex and Options crews out on the road this week.

Seems like the only company adhering letter-o-the law to 91k rules is NJA. Flex and Options still can be contacted after 10hrs of rest. I don't think this was the spirit of the 91k rest rules. This Options crew confirmed it was Okey Dokey with the POI. Can any Flex or Options folks confirm this info?

Now I wonder why NJA hasn't jumped on this bandwagon? Might it be we have a union that can and will fight for rest rules that are in line with the FAR's?

Hogprint said:
Now I wonder why NJA hasn't jumped on this bandwagon? Might it be we have a union that can and will fight for rest rules that are in line with the FAR's?

Hmmm.... NJI and EJM scheduling are abiding by the same rules. Could it could be we just obey the law? Perhaps you give your union too much credit.

dsptchrNJA said:
Hmmm.... NJI and EJM scheduling are abiding by the same rules. Could it could be we just obey the law? Perhaps you give your union too much credit.

Come now man! NJA hates these work rules.

Perhaps they have to abide by the rules with no wiggle room because of the union. NJI and EJM may be lucky recipients of this work. Doesn't look good having us on different work rules does it? Sound familiar?

I wonder why NJA worked feverishly to get relief from 91k first day on? This alone has single-handedly put a huge crimp in their style! Do you really think that NJA would not be doing the same as the other Frax had it not been for the union?

Perhaps you have given too much credit to our company on this one.

Hogprint said:
Come now man! NJA hates these work rules.

Perhaps they have to abide by the rules with no wiggle room because of the union. NJI and EJM may be lucky recipients of this work. Doesn't look good having us on different work rules does it? Sound familiar?

I wonder why NJA worked feverishly to get relief from 91k first day on? This alone has single-handedly put a huge crimp in their style! Do you really think that NJA would not be doing the same as the other Frax had it not been for the union?

Perhaps you have given too much credit to our company on this one.

Yours is a valid point and I can't be dogmatic about my opinion here but all I can go on is past history. You do realize that we are talking about a company that doesn't let a pink slipped registration go 1 mile across the U.S. territory line, even if the destination is domestic and the STAR takes it outside, like HPN. You and I both know that no one from the company or FAA would care if we took the BUONO3 on a pink slip but the company took great lengths to make sure this was followed to the letter. Name one other company that does that to the degree we do. It's many examples like this that assure me we would be following something infinately more important like 91K rest requirements union or no union.

Last edited:
beytzim said:
I guess there are 2200 stupid pilots at Netjets, and you Ace-Of-The_Base, is smarter than all of them. You must be a joy to fly with.

Netjets is a great company, except for the money. The schedule is great, the benefits are very good, job security is unmatched, the airplanes are well maintained, and despite the current bickering, the company follows the FARs to the letter. Yes, you can make 100k+ at joe's sh^t ball 135 charter company where you're only on call 24/7 seven days a week, you have to carry mx items all the time, cause that's the way the business is. So what if you have to ferry the airplane back if it exceeds 14 hours, it's a 91 ferry. Besides you should be happy, they paid your moving expenses when you left your childhood town to come there.

Look, buddy, I guess it was a mistake to believe other people. I guess some people are trusting of others - how ridiculous. Bob is not stupid. Bob wants a secure job where he's home with his wife and kids, where he flies well maintained airplanes. Got all that already. Bob just wants the salary that the CEO of the company promised, that's all.

OK, my new buddy, a couple of things.

First, I find it interesting that you are offended by your "2200 stupid pilots" statment. But you go on to say, in so many words, that those of us that are making 6 figures, are working for "sh^t ball" companies. Remember, there are about 10,000 of us non-fractional pilots. Do you think WE are all that stupid. We took jobs knowing exactly what the pay was, and it worked for us. We did our research and found out exactly how the schedule was, and it also worked. We may or may not have had to move, but we knew exactly what we were getting into. We also did our research and found out exactly how they maintained the planes (doesn't it make sense to you that a company that is paying there captains 6 figures probably has the resources to take care of the plane?).

Second, when the "CEO of the company promised" that salary, did you get it in writing? Or did you write that one off to "trust" also. Just asking.

I believe that the majority of the NetJets piots are quite smart. Many of them are my friends. "Bob" however, is stupid. Just look at my first post if you want to know why.

Ace

Latest resources

Back