NJA sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G100driver said:
It was not wages that ran United into the ground.

Of course it wasn't wages alone. United just makes a great example of how a labor/union/power-to-the-people mindset isn't the panacea that some people seem to think it is. I just like to offer a counterpoint to the folks who think that mandated behavior, whether government-enforced or union-sponsored, is better than free-market behavior.

G100driver said:
BTW, why are you wasting your time with this? Do you like pounding your head against an unmovable brick wall :)
I'm temporarily unemployed, so I've got a little time on my hands to beat the ol' noggin against an immovable object.
And, as you know, my head is EXTREMELY hard. :)

AceoftheBase,

I don't understand why you don't get this. Perhaps I should explain it in laymen's terms.

Bob Smith, whose 45, comes to Netjets with hopes and dreams of making a six figure salary in a few years. He tells his wife and his kids that soon they'll be able to buy a new car and go on nice vacations. The company and the union both say the pay raise is just a few months away.

Month after month, Bob waits, his wife, on the other hand is nagging him about the raise. His kids are now off to college, but no nice vacations as promised. The union and the company are saying to hold on just a few more months.

Bob waits. His wife is now pestering him about the so called raise. His kids want to take some electives, but he can't afford that. Forget about that new car. Soon, though, soon, Bob knows.

The union announces a contract is just around the corner. The company says they want to get this done asap. Bob is reassured.

Bob waits. The wife is now pissed. Where's the money, Bob? The kids come home for summer, but not going on vacation anywhere. The **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** car's AC went out again. The raise should be here by Fall.

It's now four years later, Bob is 49 and too old for an airline. If he leaves, he'll take a pay cut and even move, so he can't. He's stuck. So now he's pissed off, sad, agrivated, and frustrated with his decision making for the last four years.

But certainly he isn't thinking about any of that when he's flying at FL390.

beytzim said:
AceoftheBase,

I don't understand why you don't get this. Perhaps I should explain it in laymen's terms.

Bob Smith, whose 45, comes to Netjets with hopes and dreams of making a six figure salary in a few years. He tells his wife and his kids that soon they'll be able to buy a new car and go on nice vacations. The company and the union both say the pay raise is just a few months away.

Month after month, Bob waits, his wife, on the other hand is nagging him about the raise. His kids are now off to college, but no nice vacations as promised. The union and the company are saying to hold on just a few more months.

Bob waits. His wife is now pestering him about the so called raise. His kids want to take some electives, but he can't afford that. Forget about that new car. Soon, though, soon, Bob knows.

The union announces a contract is just around the corner. The company says they want to get this done asap. Bob is reassured.

Bob waits. The wife is now pissed. Where's the money, Bob? The kids come home for summer, but not going on vacation anywhere. The **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** car's AC went out again. The raise should be here by Fall.

It's now four years later, Bob is 49 and too old for an airline. If he leaves, he'll take a pay cut and even move, so he can't. He's stuck. So now he's pissed off, sad, agrivated, and frustrated with his decision making for the last four years.

But certainly he isn't thinking about any of that when he's flying at FL390.
Thanks for explaining in laymen’s terms, now it’s clear: Bob is stupid.

Bob is stupid for planning a future based on promises instead of current facts (man, if I had a nickel for every promise).

Bob is stupid to think that 27 grand is magically going to turn into six figures.

Bob is stupid to believe everything he hears in an interview.

Bob is stupid because he should have moved on a long time ago, the first time the ‘raise’ got delayed (remember: f&&& me once, shame on you f&&& me twice, shame on me).

If Bob loves his family so much and wants to give them a better life, he should be pounding on every corporate and 135 door in the nation. Everyone in my department makes well over six figures, and I haven’t seen but a spattering of NetJets resumes.

Have a good day, Bob.

Ace

beytzim said:
Bob Smith, whose 45, comes to Netjets with hopes and dreams of making a six figure salary in a few years.

Beytzim,

You write logical and well thought posts here. And I am not insulting or making fun of what you said. But my question is this:

Was Bob nucking futts for going to NetJets at 47? Unless he was retired military, or independently wealthy, what was he thinking? Never believe anything unless it's in writing or practice.

Bob should be knocking the doors down at the NBAA show this year and faxing resumes like a mad-man.

My .02cents.

Last edited:
Bob is Stupid...

Bob should be selling real estate

Bob should stop listining to his wifes complaining and start pimping her lazy, pilot's wife arse.

Bob should have gone to Saudi Arabia, sold his kids into white slavery and fly for the big bucks (unless he is typed in IAI).

To say, "Bob has no options," is is not an option!

Fire your ineffective union and start over.

I guess that would be the ineffective union that negotiated the BBJ LOA?

Our working conditions are largely superior to all of the other fractionals ... thanks to the TEAMSTERS. Some of the things that others had which were better than what we have... have been taken away (like fly from home at RTA/Options).

We are not required to violate the 135/91K rest rules like (according to accounts of pilots at competing companies) some of the competition. This alone trumps pay for me.

We have not been furloughed out of seniority, like some others have.

The fact is the fight we are having now is PAR for the course. It is similar to the fights once fought at many of the major airlines.

As far as pay.... We are paid 1995 Citation S-II wages. There needs to be a correction to reflect the fact that we fly CE-750's G-200's and Falcon 2000's. Then there needs to be an additional correction for 10 years of Inflation.

Latest resources

Back