• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Based on my experience, both sides of this argument are right and wrong. When it comes to personal lives - Santulli/NJA will go the extra mile. I have flown pilots with personal problems directly home on more than one occasion, and have always had terrific support with problems of my own. On the other side, if you are willing to "not get in the ring and play the game" - NJI and EJM - you will get reasonable - not spectacular - pay and benefits but be subject to the whims of management. Like I have said before, EJI has an unofficial close mouthed policy that is followed very closely by the pilots, but - as told to me personally by more than one NJI pilot - it is not all dreamland over there, but they receive anything negotiated by NJA. Now - if a group chooses to "get in the ring" and try for a pay and benefits closer to whatever benchmark one chooses for services provided, then be ready to play hardball. It then becomes "just a game" to NJA and forget any consideration. At NJA it is hardball, and a lot of folks who do not understand the game complain, think someone owes them something, or get their feelings hurt. As far as ability to pay, I could make the case to the owners for the necessary fee increase and would get very little complaint - before the massive waste around here is even addressed. Noone comes here because it is a good deal - it is part of a life style like their favorite vacation spot. You think they will quit going to Aspen because the fees go up 10% to keep the level of service they enjoy ? I think not. Look what is happening to resort real estate prices everywhere - through the roof. Unfortunately - due to size as much as anything - the days of trying to be the best and not just the biggest are over around here. So in closing, we are "in the ring" at NJA, and it is going to be a lot longer and get a lot rougher before it is over. Tighten your seat belts or - if you are not ready for the ride - move on. Flame away.

SafetyTheSeat said:
NetJets Healthcare is a freaking joke!
As is the Dental!

You must have been away from the airlines a while. Been to two airlines in the past 5 years, and how does $400 a month with a $1500 INDIVIDUAL, annual deductible with 80% coverage sound? I think we have it OK here in that department.

Latest resources

Back