• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are correct, it is a 2 way street. But you aren't there so you cannot possibly comprehend what the work environment is like. Any comments to the contrary merit little or no response. In a perfect world we could all calmly traverse our day never allowing frustration in.

I don't work there. I don't comprehend the work environment. I DO hear an awful lot of frax pilots complaining vehemently about their jobs whilst I'm on the road.
I DO know that if I were that bitter/angry/disgusted/hopeless/frustrated/tired/overworked, I'd be looking hard for another job, which would apparently be fairly easy to find, since I'd have been underpaid and overworked in the extreme for so long.

Lrjet55 said:
Why is this such a bad statement? Unless you work at NJA, or your head is up your a$$, its is blatently obvious that the frustration levels have reached an unsafe level. NJA has chosen to create and maintain a hostile work environment.

What Beytzim says is due to all this someone is going to screw up, and screw up bad. You can't have guys flying around the way we do with the frustration levels we have and not suspect something like this can happen.

Moral and frustration are at dangerous levels.

If I thought for one SECOND that I had become unsafe because of the way I felt about my company, their management, my pay, etc., I would immediately QUIT. Nothing is more important to a professional pilot than the safety of himself and his passengers.

Here’s a thought, if you meet a pilot who is so consumed with his pay, etc., that you think he’s unsafe, tell him to stop flying! Good God, if you really think there is going to be even the possibility of a crash, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. This is way more serious stuff than your stupid paycheck or contract. This is life and death.

Ace

As a former Director of Standardization and Safety, and Chairman of the Human Factors board in an organization including several hundred pilots...

Monthly we looked at factors including stress from various sources to proactively promote safety and prevent accidents.

Someone mentioned they had known pilots able to fly safely and concentrate on their flying missions while having severe personal problems in their marriage. Yes I have known such individuals as well. Many.

However, all it takes is ONE out of more than two thousand.

Often the last person to be a good judge of the situation is the person who is under such stress. Thats why there was a Human Factors Board.

El Chupacabra said:
As a former Director of Standardization and Safety, and Chairman of the Human Factors board in an organization including several hundred pilots...

Monthly we looked at factors including stress from various sources to proactively promote safety and prevent accidents.

Someone mentioned they had known pilots able to fly safely and concentrate on their flying missions while having severe personal problems in their marriage. Yes I have known such individuals as well. Many.

However, all it takes is ONE out of more than two thousand.

Often the last person to be a good judge of the situation is the person who is under such stress. Thats why there was a Human Factors Board.

That’s some lofty work. I respect you for that. In all of your research, you must have come across an accident where the NTSB or other governing body had found that distraction from personal issues or pay or some other such thing, had been one of the major contributing factors. Please share it with me (us). I don’t mind hearing about NetJets pay struggles, but these are some serious (or just dramatic) issues. It is a strong statement to say that these negotiations are going to lead to an otherwise safe pilot in a good airplane to crash.

Ace

beytzim said:
With the high frustration levels, the company and union warring, the stress levels of the pilot body is HIGH. Simply put, it's just a matter of time till we auger one in.

Ok dude, that's way over the top. There are many things that I don't agree with at my company, and I never feel that it's a matter of time until we "auger one in" because of that.

If you had said that due to the size of NJA, and the amount of flights and the fact that your flying into small(sometimes VFR only) airports around the country, that it is only a matter of time until there is an accident.....I would agree with you(same with my company)...but saying that because of the "stress levels" of the pilots it's only "a matter of time till we auger one in" is just a bunch of crap. If you really feel that way, quit flying. We don't want you ruining this industry. If you can't think of the task at hand, when YOUR life AND those of your PASSENGERS, are at stake....you don't deserve to be doing what you're doing.

Take your licks, admit you were drunk when you posted that, and move on. Otherwise, you will never have my respect, nor that of most of the pilots(including many NJA pilots, I bet).

beytzim said:
Having been at Netjets for 3.5 years I can say that pilot morale is in serious jeopardy right now.

Every, and I mean EVERY pilot I have flown in the past six months has been extremely frustrated with the company and is LOOKING to ground airplanes. Even though we all treat the pax with the best of service, deep down inside everyone is wondering how they can F the company, cause delays, and 'fly the contract'.

With the high frustration levels, the company and union warring, the stress levels of the pilot body is HIGH. Simply put, it's just a matter of time till we auger one in. I pray to G-d that of course it doesn't happen.

I personally wish the company would get their head out of their collective a$$es and settle this already. Enough already.

Way over the top, if it's really this bad then those who feel that the "frustration" level could cause them to compromise safety and "auger one in" should seriously consider another career.

El Chupacabra said:
...How about being screamed at over the phone, intimidated, and threatened with discipline .

El Chup, this would be an infraction of the Ethics policy which reads in part:

"...NetJets endeavors to foster an environment where employees empower and respect each other. Harassment and violence in the workplace are prohibited. Workplace harassment includes any conduct that creates an unwelcome or uncomfortable situation such as ... inappropriate comments, ...bullying, intimidation..."

and

..."Employees are obligated to report immediately, any situation which compromises compliance with FAA regulations."

Your responsibility is to call the ethics hotline which who will take this seriously and deal with it at any level, not to complain about it over an public Internet message board.

BTW, anyone screaming at you would be heard by at least 100 other people so there are sure to be witnesses.

Latest resources

Back