• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What about the all the corporate pilots who were taking their aircraft away and leaving their families back to deal with all that.

Publishers said:
What about the all the corporate pilots who were taking their aircraft away and leaving their families back to deal with all that.
I'm sure you will always be able to find a few examples of companies that are totally insensitive to the well being of their employees but I bet most reputable companies would allow their pilots to return to their families once they have repositioned the company aircraft.

Keep trying to stir the pot though, Publisher. Sooner or later you might hit on a valid point. Kinda like the blind squirrel eventually finding an acorn if he searches hard enough.

Its the right thing to do and credit is given for doing the right thing.... But you don't get a Medal for it.

You're right, Santulli got the medal for how well the company treated the guard and reserve guys that got sent out. Don't know if it ever got mentioned on this forum with all the Santulli bashing going on...about how the company supplements salaries for people called to active duty. The vast majority being pilots. Once again because it was the right thing to do.

I don't think that was "A COST OF DOING BUSINESS"!

The reason he's so generous with the offer to supplement the salary of folks called up to active duty is that 99% of them make a helluva lot more on active duty than they do at Netjest. No loss and a lot of good PR.

Whatever, the union rhetoric is becoming so deep you need boots.

Starman, you're full of it. I work with a number of the "folks" in Ohio Air Guard and they and their families appreciate every dime!

The flags that flew over Afghanistan and Iraq that were given in appreciation to the company are testament to that.

FredGarvin said:
You're right, Santulli got the medal for how well the company treated the guard and reserve guys that got sent out. Don't know if it ever got mentioned on this forum with all the Santulli bashing going on...about how the company supplements salaries for people called to active duty. The vast majority being pilots. Once again because it was the right thing to do.

I don't think that was "A COST OF DOING BUSINESS"!
It's the law, numbskull. If their guard or reserve unit gets called out, Santulli can't prevent them from going. You want to give Santulli a medal for following the law? Maybe for Santulli, following the law once in a blue moon does deserve a medal.

Not to mention, he doesn't have to pay them one dime because they make much much more deployed in the guard or reserve than they will working for Santulli.

Here's a pretty typical scenario for a Guard pilot at Nuts-R-Us.

O-3 on flight pay with 8 years total service -

Base Pay $4070.10
BAS $ 183.99
BAH $ 854.10
Flight Pay $ 650.00

Total $5758.19 per month

McNutjob Captain with 5 years seniority- $5082 per month

Yeah - I can see that I was way out of line with my assessment Fred. If I were to go back on active duty, I'd be taking down about $90K a year. Next time you wanna argue stuff about military pay, you might want to pick somebody that didn't serve over 20 years to argue with. Better yet - best to just keep your yap shut about stuff you don't know squat about.

I have not kept up on NJI, but what exactly is going on over there to cause such an uprising? I was under the impression 2 years ago that it was a great place to work?
Not trying to bait anything just curious of what mgmt is doing to cause such a violent atmosphere?

Latest resources

Back