• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA STRONG UNION NEGOTIATOR'S SUMMARY--Part 3

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I say it's game, set and match for Family Guy on this one. This is just pure union ranting. Leaving the AFL-CIO is not going to help The Teamsters, but putting an end to out of control rants like this ones might.

Last edited:
4 years of negotiating will do that to you. It's an honest assestment of what is going on.

This rant, while it may play to the emotions of the pilot group, just serves to undermine the effectiveness of the pilots points.

Effectiveness to whom? You? It doesn't matter you can't vote and have no control over it.

The fight is with managment.

abenaki said:
In 1998, was aware of an impending deal with Boeing, and he agreed that he would bring them here, to EJA. He stated “The Boeings will pay more than the Gulfstreams, we have 30 on order and this will provide higher pay for everybody here at ratification”. Do the pilots and people of NetJets know that we only had 5 BBJs, that the Company reduced them to 4? Does the employees know that they now have a deal to sell 191QS and only three will remain.

Even the best laid plans are subject to the vagaries of the economy. There are a good number of pilots here that came over from the airlines....ask them. I'm sure they've seen a lot of planes ordered and cancelled because the economy tanked.

The simple fact is that the BBJ's hit the market too late. By the time we received our first one (2001) the dot-com bubble had burst and the economy was heading downward. The market for a plane this large simply dried up. Over the last 4 years the BBJ's have not been successful in the fractional market....every pilot out there knows this. Should we as a company continue to take deliveries of a very expensive aircraft that is not selling?

abenaki said:
He also said that the Gulfstream Operation would never grow more than a couple aircraft a year, that we had no worries about them getting larger. He also stated that with the Gulfstream deal, it made all of EJA that much more attractive, and to please let him “get them started up” and the financial returns for us will be quickly realized and passed on! Now, this was not just the words of Santulli, but in fact were the words of Mr. David Orlinski, as well. Don’t believe me, ask Ted Wright, Dave Roebuck, they were both here as well, unlike “BM” The “Union” allowed the Gulfstreams on very clear conditions of growth for EJA/NJA, for 30 Boeings at the top of the scale, and because Santulli wouldn’t have Gulfstreams if we went after them

I love all this hindsight wisdom.

NJI has 48 aircraft. NJA has 359 aircraft. Its very clear where the majority of the growth has gone since 1998.

How many aircraft are on order for NJA vs NJI?

It looks like NJA has clearly benefited from the growth.

abenaki said:

Now “BM” also wants to tell you that bringing the NJI operation here would have no affect on our career paths and goals unless massive attrition or expansion was to occur in the Gulfstream. Well, Santulli lied about the “tiny expansion” of them over the last 7 years, so we should now believe that they wouldn’t expand now? Is that another story?

See previous comments. It should be clear to all that NJA's growth has greatly exceeded NJI's.

Funny how the moles can only snipe at Brother Gasta's presentation of the facts but cannot or will not compare the company's presentation to this.

Better shut off the Buckeye game and do some brainstorming this weekend boys. You've got a lot of ground to cover.

Hogprint said:
Funny how the moles can only snipe at Brother Gasta's presentation of the facts but cannot or will not compare the company's presentation to this.

Better shut off the Buckeye game and do some brainstorming this weekend boys. You've got a lot of ground to cover.

What are we to compare the company's proposal to?

The company has provided data, tables, and information.

The union has provided a 7 page rant filled with emotion, insults, name calling, and acronyms for profanity.

Where's the data to compare against the company's information?

Last edited:
The Minister of Misinformation posted:

Where's the data to compare against the company's information?

Read again Minister:

We are without a third party “accounting review”. Yes we are, sure enough. First everyone should know that the Company asked for and the Union agreed to postpone the review throughout the last 30 days. When “BM” says the “Union”, I think he still thinks of that as the Negotiating Committee or the Executive Counsel. He clearly has no idea that the “Union” is the 2200 of you, including the “5% trouble makers” and the “7%” who seem to think life is well. But just as Bill Boisture is a puppet dancing to the string pulls from Woodbridge and maybe even Omaha, we, the Negotiating Committee, are also just employees, and our strings are pulled by our 2200 boss men as well. When we tell the Company that we are not interested in a cursory financial audit, we are telling them that you, the “Union” told us, as late as last week that you don’t care what the survey would reveal, and more importantly, you do not believe the shell game of vendors, third party interests, Marquis, EJM, etc., can be audited anyway. What “BM” didn’t tell you is that when the Company questioned us about the “Financial Audit” on Monday, we responded with an offer to complete such a review, but, it would not be cursory. We told him that any audit that would have any credibility with the “Union” would have to be a very serious forensic audit, that we would not question the math on the books, but rather look for where the profits are spent, who is getting them, and why. Mr. Boisture simply has no stomach for such a review.

Seems Mr. Bill doesn't want to play ball. I wonder why?

Last edited:
Hogprint said:
The Minister of Misinformation posted:

Read again Minister:

Seems Mr. Bill doesn't want to play ball. I wonder why?

Oh I think Mr. Boisture would be willing to have a 'forensic audit' by a reputable accounting firm.

The more appropriate question is this - is the union willing to spend $12-$15 million on its little treasure hunt and the 4-6 months it requires for a forensic audit?

And then the bonus question - once you get the results and realize that the unions demands are unrealistic and unsustainable, will the union come back down to earth and make REASONABLE requests?

The information posted here is very interesting. Unfortunately, it changes nothing at the negotiating table.

It sounds like the company is more than willing to try and outlast a strike rather than give in to the entire list of demands. While the wisdom of that is questionable, I'd have to say it's a fact...

You've been lied to, get over it... Happens every day in the real world... I'm starting to wonder if a sick out for one day would change their stance. It's obvious that they are putting together a plan for the strike (that doesn't include you coming back), but a sick out tomorrow might scare them straight... But then you get to deal with the owners. There lies the problem.. The airline guys do it but don't have to serve coffee to the passengers either.

Last edited:
H25B, in fact, the negotiations has just been moved from the Board Room to the Line. Now, 2200+ will do their own form of legal negoitations. Remember, we fly the safest aircraft in the industry.

String Chz said:
H25B, in fact, the negotiations has just been moved from the Board Room to the Line. Now, 2200+ will do their own form of legal negoitations. Remember, we fly the safest aircraft in the industry.

Been watching this out of morbid curiosity for years now and I wouldn't bet a dime that anything meaningful is going to come out of the negotiating sessions. It would be interesting however to see what happens if there was a huge sick-out one day.

The union members that sit around saying, "give us what we want or we'll just wait for the strike" are foolish. That's just like some kids on the playground, take a swing or shut up... If nothing's been accomplished and a strike occurs, you're finished.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back