• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA STRONG UNION NEGOTIATOR'S SUMMARY--Part 3

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In order to have a strike, both parties must be released and since the NMB doesn't even have enough Mediators to handle the issue currently on the books, it seem highly unlikely a Mediator would even be assigned to the case for at least 6 to 8 months...if that.

A "Sick-Out" would be an illegal job action and is actively discouraged by the Union and all serious Union members. That would only hurt our cause.

Eventhough the Compnay has chosen to openly violate the CBA, and they have admitted it, the Union will choose not to follow the same path. This will be decided over the everyday economic issues of line flying. Plain (or should I say---PLANE) and simple.

The Company said they are willing to do whatever it takes to defeat us...they have the mney...I hope they are ready to spend it.

h25b--

Eith you are ignorant of the law or are a company mole trying to start something that the company would LOVE us to do which we will absolutely NOT do.

A "sick-out" is illegal--Ask American Airlines how their illegal job action went and what it cost them.

The last thing our leadership wants to hear about is an illegal job action and has come out against anything like this. Anyone who even thinks of this idea is an idiot. Anyone whp participates in such a thing is a fool and is only hurting the union's efforts.

FAMILY GUY--

Are you ever going address using my nickname on these publc boards or am I to assume that I am correct in my assumption about your actions?

You did it to threaten me.....good job, it worked. I feel threatened. Does this make you feel smug and powerful? My background suggests that people who do such things do it out of deeply rooted feelings of insecurity and the need to feel some sense of control over others.

Your character, or the lack thereof, are reflected in your actions and by the fact that thus far, you have ignored my public and private messages to you regarding this issue.

Just want everyone else on here to know about how you stand firmly behind your anonymity while using that anonymity to threaten others. Pretty cowardly, Family Guy.

Furthermore, your credibility suffers as a result of your actions. Why would anyone take stock in what you have to say when your actions reflect such a lack of integrity and character?

Last edited:
No need to suggest the sky is falling just yet guys!

The last thing we need is a bunch of professioanl airmen turning into Chicken Little.

Stand down...stand down.

FamilyGuy said:
Oh I think Mr. Boisture would be willing to have a 'forensic audit' by a reputable accounting firm.

The more appropriate question is this - is the union willing to spend $12-$15 million on its little treasure hunt and the 4-6 months it requires for a forensic audit?

And then the bonus question - once you get the results and realize that the unions demands are unrealistic and unsustainable, will the union come back down to earth and make REASONABLE requests?

What part of this did you not understand?

Mr. Boisture simply has no stomach for such a review

The company turned this down. They DO NOT want a forensic look at the books by a reputable accounting firm. I repeat for the hard of hearing....THEY TURNED IT DOWN.

So google says it costs X amount of dollars, so it has to be true. It came off the internet!

When and if we ever get the results, I'm sure we'll find our requests are reasonable and sustainable.

"And then the bonus question - once you get the results and realize that the unions demands are unrealistic and unsustainable, will the union come back down to earth and make REASONABLE requests?"

And when will the company come back down to earth and make REASONABLE offers? Ones that AREN'T REGRESSIVE? A pay proposal that is LESS in today's dollars than the contract in 1998, IS NOT REASONABLE!

a quick question.

Why are we not using the same pay scale that you have now and just adding a % to it?

Why has the company made these offers using a convoluted pay scale- that few understand. Why not make all 5th year captains make the same pay whether you are 150 on the seniority list or 154th?

I have heard it is because the union wants to be sure seniority is honored and I agree that seniority is important, but if
pilot A starts in January and he gets a 5th year raise in Jan. He will automatically make more money than the B pilot. 5th year pilot who gets a raise on his anniversary in March.

For awhile they make the same- but then pilot A always gets a raise first and will always be ahead some.

Making the formula simple, seems that everyone would understand and be able to look quickly at their raise and know if the salary offer is a good deal.

Makes everyone the same- all pilots get 30% across the board pay raise, 30% retro pay for the past 4 years and the following other work rules: list...

Please note the numbers presented above are made up right now and dont reflect my opinion or anyone elses and are used soley for example purposes.

FAcFriend-

The company wants the "convoluted pay scale" to lessen the effects of having a "bubble" of pilots hit the higher levels of pay all at once. Since there was a lot of hiring of pilots in 2000-2003 or so, there is a "bubble" that will move across the pay scale.

This (silly) matrix system of pay lessens the effects of that bubble. While most companies WANT growth, this one doesn't want to have to pay for the associated labor costs of that growth so they want a seniority percentile scale so that the "bubble effect" is lessened.

To repeat it once more, the pay scale that the company published about a 5th year captain making $80K plus or whatever it was at the 80th percentile or whatever THAT was was DELIBERATELY misleading because in their example, THERE WERE NO FIFTH YEAR PILOTS THAT QUALIFIED FOR THAT PAY RATE AT THAT PERCENTILE.

Now, if that isn't SPIN 101, I don't know what is.

abenaki said:
h25b--

Eith you are ignorant of the law or are a company mole trying to start something that the company would LOVE us to do which we will absolutely NOT do.

A "sick-out" is illegal--Ask American Airlines how their illegal job action went and what it cost them.

The last thing our leadership wants to hear about is an illegal job action and has come out against anything like this. Anyone who even thinks of this idea is an idiot. Anyone whp participates in such a thing is a fool and is only hurting the union's efforts.

I simply said it would be interesting to see if such an action would change the company's attitude at the bargaining table... I'm very much aware that this is illegal and remember well what happened at AA. And please don't act like you're taking the high and mighty road (trying to scab-list the 135 pilots comes to mind), read the quote below... Sounds like the membership is undertaking a slow down to me... It's no secret what "fly safe" means.

String Chz said:
H25B, in fact, the negotiations has just been moved from the Board Room to the Line. Now, 2200+ will do their own form of legal negoitations. Remember, we fly the safest aircraft in the industry.

Last edited:
Abe

So you think it is the mgt that came up this convoluted pay scale?
I heard it was the union because it made the seniority thing better. But it doesnt matter- who did it. Who can undo it?

Was the unions proposal using a different scale?

How does your union negotiating committee feel about dumping this pay scale formula and keeping the same one you have now?

How does your union membership feel about it?

Personaly I support the sick out. I wish we would do it. The effect it would have on NJA would greatly trump any financial penalty we would pay.

American was fined 30 Million. I highly doubt we would be fined a 16th of that given the type of operation we fall under and the lack of effect we have on the general public.

Latest resources

Back