NJA STRONG UNION NEGOTIATOR'S SUMMARY--Part 3

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're Right--

Would you please elaborate on your statement? When and where did I forward "others names to everyone"? At no such time did I do anything that revealed ANYONE'S names. Nor WOULD I reveal anyone's name(s). If you are referring to Gasta's post, that was very publically distributed in various venues. My posting his summary here is not exactly revealing something that was not well-distributed via other means. So, I do not understand your accusation and consider it false.

You said:
"Also, interesting that Abneki would forward others names to everyone, but is concerned about his name on this site. "

FamilyGuy, Troll et al:

I had to wonder a while why you would reveal my name on here. Troll's excuse that Bridgeway Bob's name was revealed so why shouldn't mine sounds like a a child at the playground who threw sand at someone in their sandbox because they saw one of their parent's do something innappropriate. As I said, I didn't reveal Bridgeway Bob's name nor have I used it in any of my posts. So, that reason is completely fabricated out of nothing to justify a behavior.

Going beyond that, my posts are always respectful and when I err, I offer my apologies and admit my mistake(s). So, I don't think it's because I have offended anyone not that that would give an excuse for what you did.

So, it comes down to you wanting me to feel threatened. And, as I have admitted, I now feel threatened. Perhaps, as I have said, this makes you somehow feel powerful and smug in your knowledge of who I am as you stand behind your (cowardly) anonymity.

Then I had to ask myself, "Why would you want to threaten ANYONE? What can be gained by threatening someone and inducing anxiety and fear in someone? What motivates someone to do that besides what I said in the above paragraph?"

As I said above, my posts are respectful and I admit it when I make a mistake, so I don't think it's me, per se', who has done anything to warrant your putting my name on here.

Perhaps I am simply a target to vent your frustrations upon. I am an NJA pilot so if you can do something to harm me in some way, perhaps it's expressing some kind of vengeance on the group as a whole. You're frustrated, angry and upset so that has to go somewhere and I was a convenient target so FIRE ONE! HIT! Do you feel better now?

I wonder if you asked yourselves what the effects would be by your doing so beyond the desire to scare me? Am I and other pilots more likely to look upon you and management more favorably, or am I and other pilots going to be even MORE suspicious and watchful of what spews out of CMH? Are you trying to develop an ally or alienate me/us even more? What do you think is the likely reaction? Can you honestly say that you did something positive by doing what you did? Are you proud of making someone feel threatened while you stand behind your anonymity?

And what does your behavior do to the credibility of what you have to say? it certainly reflects badly upon your character and integrity and says that you will stoop pretty low to achieve your goals. Is this how you want to be perceived?

Whatever the result of your doing so, whether nothing or whether I am now targeted somehow in CMH, I know that someday all will be revealed. If I am harmed in any way because of your actions, there will be justice.

It's really too bad that it has come to this kind of thing. I am truly sorry that you felt such anger and frustration that you felt you needed to do this to someone whom you don't even know.

I hope that we all come out of this able to smile. This will end someday. In the meantime, you guys take care of yourselves. Stress is a killer and needs to be managed properly or it can have some serious effects. Be good to yourselves and your families 'cause in the end, it's certainly not worth this having harmed your marriages/families OR yourselves in any way.

God bless us all and help us all to get through this ordeal.

Diesel said:
oh no turbojetcpt they are cutting and pasting and calling us childish. it's fun to watch but the sad part is we are the only ones with a say.

Diesel, again, I say this with the opinion that you are one of the smartest guys on this board, I really respect you no-nonsense, straight-forward posts, they really cut thru the cr@p.

Do you really think that YOU have a say? Does being in the Union really give you that sense of empowerment and control? From the outside it looks like you really can make anything happen or effect any changes at the company. Of course you can say 'no' to their offers, but that just benefits Netjets (dragging out gives them more time at the old pay. Retro, shmetro, right now its more cash-flow).

It just seems like alot of flag waving, shouting and puffing up your chests, with nothing really to do.

Ace

Ace-

Thanks for the nice word's but it's just my new england attitude that makes it interesting.

We do have a say of what goes on. You can have a bigger say by volunteering for different comittee's or staying active on our union message boards. The union message boards act as a constant poll for our union leaders to understand on a day to day basis of what the pilots want.

I do think i have a say. I'm a volunteer for a couple of different comittees and I am very very active in the union message board. Everyday the union leadership is on the messageboard posting and answering questions on what is going on day to day.

Everything is not rosey and shiny on the message board and that is what makes it so useful. A lot of guys get questions answered by the top of the union leadership and their questions/anger turns into understanding. The power of information.

So yes i do believe i have a say because they are elected officials and right now they are doing what myself and the majority of the pilots want from them.

Hope this helps. Gotta walk the dog.

D

Thanks, it just seems like a long road with very little intermediate movement. It must be frustrating. I guess I'm used to walking into the boss's office and walking out with a better deal, or a trip to the unemployment line.

Diesel said:
Hope this helps. Gotta walk the dog.
D

Is that a euphemism for something else? Like I need to go water the horse?

:)

Abe

I have looked and looked and I still cant find your name.
and I cant figure out who said they would post it.

I also agree- that gasta is showing his --- in the letter to the pilots...sometimes i think he doesnt realize you guys have read union 101 too.

Diesel said:
it's just my new england attitude that makes it interesting.

That attitude isn't helping Brady down in my beloved "Old North State" today. 17-10 at the half, bless those Panthers. Yes Im stuck in a hotel and bored to tears.

[Of course I reserve the right to delete this post in 2 hours if they lose]

Walk the dog-

Irish euphamism for going to the local pub, drinking till i go blind while watching the pats/sox/celtics/bruins, getting a slice from the pizza guy around the corner who looks like Bin Laden but makes a great slice, stumble back to the apartment only for a friend to call and say the pats/sox/celtics/bruins are playing lets go watch at the pub.

abenaki said:
FamilyGuy, Troll et al:

I had to wonder a while why you would reveal my name on here.
drama
drama
drama
God bless us all and help us all to get through this ordeal.

Abneki- Honestly, you are your own worst enemy in this so called "disclosure" issue. How is it that the entire message board knows this but you don't. Stop blaming and fearing; dig deep and you (like the rest of us already have--months ago) will find the truth about your "disclosure" problem. For your own health, relax, in "the big picture" no one really cares who you are (it's not about you).

On the other had, since you are apparently the informal spokesman for Mr. Gasta and his cohorts, why don't you show how the latest company offer was so far off and maybe we can "all get through this ordeal". Not an emotional diatribe, like Mr. Gasta's panic report, but something constructive so we can all go back to work. All I hear (from both sides) on these boards is criticism, but no one offers solutions. What would you suggest?

Latest resources

Back