NJA Phone interviews scheduled for AUG-OCT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Huh.

I was just trying to give some advice. Good luck to you.

Last edited:
Fisch,

I don't mean to discredit anyone here, especially you in my post. I thought you were implying something and maybe I was wrong, I apologize. I don't believe my response warranted the attack from amflightpilot. Best regards to you and I truly wish you well.

Don't wanna take it from a pilot???

Take it from the upper management of NJA and the training department...

I just heard it from the horses mouth not more than 72 hours ago.

"It doesn't matter if the pilot has superb flying skills. Safety comes first in regards to mastery of the airplane but here at NetJets, there is so much more to taking care of our Owners than performing simple pilot duties. Customer service skills are absolutely key. Superior Customer Service skills are even better in a pilot applicant. That being said, we will not hire a pilot with poor flying skills and superior customer service skills, but we certainly won't hire a pilot with no people skills who is Chuck Yeager. It must be a total package."

Don't take anyone's word for it on this website... Take upper management's word for it from this week.

For whatever it's worth....

And no... sending in your resume and application 1000 times with the same credentials will not "get you in". Show customer service skills in your application (flying or non flying) and you will get in.

Flylow,

I do believe what you are saying is true. My buddy at NetJets, who wrote me a LOR, filled me in on this already. I had a position requiring strong customer service courtesy of my first furlough. So how am I not worthy of at least a phone interview?

I could quit my flying job and go work at the Ritz-Carlton. Does that make me better qualified to fly for Netjets?

This is all rhetorical anyway. Best of luck to all.

Last edited:
I don't mean to be smug. I think anyone will tell you that on any given day there are good guys turned away and not so desirable guys being offered jobs. That happens everywhere. NJA has changed some of the hiring practices and staff to tighten the filters. The majority of the people hired from here on are going to be here for the long haul. They can afford to be picky.

Just apply, call in some favors and do your best. If you are a good guy or gal, no black spots on your record, and you're lucky you will get an offer.

Good Luck;)

This might sound like a silly question but how do you find your passengers at a busy FBO? Do you stand near the entrance and ask everyone who comes in if they are your passenger?

A lot of the time it does boil down to that.

What I try to do is read throught the trip brief see if there is some indicators that might tip off the people. Number of people, how many men/women their are, maybe their is a note about luggage, golf clubs, fishing gear, etc... Have to read between the lines a little sometimes. ;)

Flylow,

I could quit my flying job and go work at the Ritz-Carlton. Does that make me better qualified to fly for Netjets?

This is all rhetorical anyway. Best of luck to all.

Love it or hate it, it is what it is.

We sell a service to the worlds richest and most affluent. They are accustomed to a high level of luxury and service as compared to what any of the rest of us are used to. Those are facts.

The Part 121 world does LITTLE to insure that a pilot has ANY customer service skills. Part of that fact is by design and part the choice of 121 management for employees to do more with less.

It's not your fault BUT... why should NetJets make the problem theirs? <-- Rhetorical.

Think outside of the box here guys (who want to apply). It will pay off.

Let's put this in easy terms. People from ALL bakcgrounds of aviation potentially have the ability to excercise exceptional customer service.

In my opinion what this boils down to is any given applicants ability to sell themselves. Did your resume describe your customer sevice background? Do you truely posses the background that the company is looking for?

That's why you get, or don't get, the phone interview.

Take it from the upper management of NJA and the training department...

I just heard it from the horses mouth not more than 72 hours ago.

"It doesn't matter if the pilot has superb flying skills. Safety comes first in regards to mastery of the airplane but here at NetJets, there is so much more to taking care of our Owners than performing simple pilot duties. Customer service skills are absolutely key. Superior Customer Service skills are even better in a pilot applicant. That being said, we will not hire a pilot with poor flying skills and superior customer service skills, but we certainly won't hire a pilot with no people skills who is Chuck Yeager. It must be a total package."

Don't take anyone's word for it on this website... Take upper management's word for it from this week.

What Flylow is saying is true.

I however hope to hell we aren't headed down the path of getting the reputation that airlines like United had in the '90's for some of their interviews, or Delta back in the day when they had 3 chairs in the room and picking the "right" one was a make or break deal.

I understand the process is under going change, but a little grace goes a long way sometimes. People remember being treated poorly for a long, long time, but it is also impossible to make all the people happy all the time. Very fine line to walk.

If you talk to the recent applicants, I think you will find we treat them with incredible respect and they find the interview process enjoyable. We treat them like owners while they are our guests. The applicants are interviewing NJA as much as we are interviewing them.

Latest resources

Back