• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Phone interviews scheduled for AUG-OCT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you talk to the recent applicants, I think you will find we treat them with incredible respect and they find the interview process enjoyable. We treat them like owners while they are our guests. The applicants are interviewing NJA as much as we are interviewing them.

I'm not going to argue with you on this point, but exactly what other flying options do these guys/gals have?? The number of GOOD places that are hiring can be listed on one hand. Interviewing us is a bit of a reach.

I'm not going to argue with you on this point, but exactly what other flying options do these guys/gals have?? The number of GOOD places that are hiring can be listed on one hand. Interviewing us is a bit of a reach.

wow...that's quite the arrogant attitude.

Southwest.
Continental.
FedEx.
UPS.
Etc...

Our applicants are highly qualified and meet the requirements of these companies in many cases.

The applicants are interviewing NJA as much as we are interviewing them.

Interviewing us is a bit of a reach.

It isn't a reach at all. Some learn after the interview process that NJA is not the place for them.

For a specific example, there was a highly religious person who saw the waste and excess that occurs in our business and couldn't live with it. He declined our offer, and that's fine.

General examples:
There are some who just can't bring themselves to be lying on the floor of an Ultra changing out a lav in the dark.

There are some that don't want to load bags.

There are some that need a rigid "hard line" for their schedule, and the dynamics of our schedule is unacceptable to them.

You get the idea. They interview us as much as we interview them. (As they should). We welcome any and all of their questions, and THOSE QUESTIONS ARE NOT PART OF OUR DECISION. As a matter of fact, when it comes time for the applicant to ask questions, we are REQUIRED to put our pen down and NOT record that part of the interview.

It is not a reach, and it happens more than you think.

General examples:
There are some who just can't bring themselves to be lying on the floor of an Ultra changing out a lav in the dark.

There are some that don't want to load bags.

There are some that need a rigid "hard line" for their schedule, and the dynamics of our schedule is unacceptable to them.

If they get as far as the CMH interview and they are just then finding out about these things then I'd say they haven't done their homework on the company very well.

I feel for everyone that is applying to Netjets and are caught in the "changes".

In my humble opinion and I am sure that many current NJ pilots would agree, I don't think that many of us would get hired again. I have flown with many pilots that completely suck at customer service. You have to remember that NJ hired anyone with a certificate back then. Great sticks, but a good majority weren't Ritz Carlton material... I sure wasn't Ritz material when I got in, but I have learned the ways to go above and beyond while continuing to do my job upfront. Now I understand what NJ wants in their applicants and they should have done this a long time ago.

The point is, I am sure that most of you that are applying to NJ are great at customer service and could become even better...

What Fischman and the rest of the gang are doing in the puzzle palace is unknown to most of us, but from what I hear on the road is that the quality of new hires have improved tremendously.

If you really want to come to NJ, reapply as soon as your six months is up...

Good luck to all

What Flylow is saying is true.

I however hope to hell we aren't headed down the path of getting the reputation that airlines like United had in the '90's

All due respect, UAL interviewed the way it did back in the day because they could. Management in the 90's ran all of the 121 companies like a drag peacock on qualudes.

NetJets appears to be ratcheting up the process because we have Owners who shell out MILLIONS to fly on their planes pilot by our crews.

NetJets management sees this, realizes this and acts accordingly.

UAL management... well, they are still trying to figure it out. Hopefully they will by Labor Day.

If you talk to the recent applicants, I think you will find we treat them with incredible respect and they find the interview process enjoyable. We treat them like owners while they are our guests. The applicants are interviewing NJA as much as we are interviewing them.
The problem I see is not how they are treated at the interview, but rather afterward when they are kept in the dark about the results for an extended period of time. What is being done about that? It makes us look indecisive at best, arrogant and uncaring at worst.

I wish someone at NJA could enlighten the people waiting for a callback from the interview in CMH. A lot of us have been waiting 7 weeks or more with no word. Even just an e-mail stating that they are still evaluating would be nice.

I really sympathize guys and girls.

I have not heard anything bad or negative about placing a nicely worded and matter of fact email to remind them, offer help if they are having problems with your background check and express your continuing desire to fly for NJA.

Keep the faith.:)

Latest resources

Back