• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Phone interviews scheduled for AUG-OCT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They obviously don't want furloughed or soon to be furloughed 121 guys. I got the same "thanks but no" response before any phone interview. Over 9000 hours, 7000 jet of which 3000 is in citations and lears. Pretty hard to convince someone you have no plans on going back to the airlines when they don't even give you a chance.:mad:

Very true Saabslime. I guess they were burned by some guys who were recalled. The part they are not seeing, at least for the moment, is they have some very good employees who resigned from a major to stay at Netjets.

That could have been me, but I will keep applying til they let me in.

I'm not saying this is the case, but the "turn left" mentality does not work at NetJets. It doesn't matter if you have 2500 hours, or 31,000 hours. You MUST be a great pilot, and you MUST be superb at customer service. Just because you have a lot of time doesn't mean you are the pilot NetJets is looking for.

Giving a PA when there is a weather delay is not superb customer service by the way. If you are wondering what superb C.S. is, look at Ritz Carlton. Get the idea?

Flying is 20% of what we do.

Does the Ritz teach sitting down in the FBO while the owners walk through the front door asking different pilots if they are flying them to PBI? We have all frequently seen this.
It's called adapt and overcome. Many great customer service oriented 121 pilots have been turned down by nejets and many current netjets pilots should have never been hired after furloughed from 121.
If the pilots are happy (via pay and QOL), their owners are happy. It's typically the non-121 background guys who claim that airline folks can't adapt from "turning left." Why is it that every retired 121 guy is great at customer service?
Long story short, I would bet that many current nja pilots, if they had to interview today, would not pass the phone interview. There's no rhyme or reason as to the selection process. Why not have the pilot union be in charge of the selction of its pilots? Management hires the back office and pilots select the pilots.

Saabslime seems to have a little attitude since he got turned down. I don't believe the 121 time is a negative at all. In fact, I believe they would look at it as great experience in a proven training environment. Why do I say this, because as a soon to be twice furloughed 121 pilot I have a phone interview coming up. Will I make it to be a NetJets pilot? I don't know, but I will certainly try my best. Saabslime obviously has it wrong, because if his theory was correct, I wouldn't have gotten the phone interview. I apparently fit all his criteria to not get a phone interview and I got one. Oh yah, I didn't have an internal recommendation either. I don't believe anyone here can possibly understand why some get an interview and others do not.

So Fischman,

How does Netjets know from my application, without even speaking to me, that I am not capable of such customer service heights?

This is a bit of a rhetorical question, just to stir it up.

Apparently Fischman is in a pilot category that all others can only dream of obtaining. Talking to a couple NetJets pilots recently, they seem to have a completely different attitude than this Fischman. Those that know they are good pilots and good at customer service are the ones that don't need to preach to others. It seems your attitude/arrogance towards others would be a quality NetJets would not want to have. OH yah I almost forgot, airlines don't hire guys that can give good PA's, they also want a solid pilot with good customer service skills, exactly what NetJets wants. What an ignorant comment.

Last edited:
Does the Ritz teach sitting down in the FBO while the owners walk through the front door asking different pilots if they are flying them to PBI?

This might sound like a silly question but how do you find your passengers at a busy FBO? Do you stand near the entrance and ask everyone who comes in if they are your passenger?

Latest resources

Back