• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA DONE hiring for '08 ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, I guess I was a little hard on ya in the the opening paragraph. I am suffering from CMH cabin fever, I can not be held responsible for my rantings at the end of the day.:nuts:
The rest of that post stands.

Yes, it seems personal responsibility is hard to come by these days.

Hey I pay my mortgage on time!;):angryfire

Anyways, I hear your tongue in cheek. I take responsibility for what I said. Might I remind you that it was your post that said 115K is to much for a NJA 400 or XL pilot. Trust me when I say this, 115 is not a lot of money for what we do.

We are still going to be hiring in the future.

The airlines reducing capacity, loads well over 90%, etc... strengthen our business.

Other fracs sales down, ours still on target from what I was told (take it with a grain of salt)

In TEB yesterday had food and static display for the sovereign and 400. Over 200 clients in attendance.

Marquis doing very well.

A/C still on order and being delivered. (no changes)

$225 million training complex still on schedule.

Good luck and stay positive. :)

Hmmm... Now that is a interesting thing to type. You type a post that has bad information in it with the last sentance saying, "Call me crazy" so I did and you had issues with it. Personal responsibility, that is funny.

Well, I'm out unfortunately. Got the no thanks letter earlier this week. As I understand it classes full for remainder of '08. There are many still in limbo for contact/classes in '09 including a number of those I interviewed with.

I wish those still "being evaluated" the best of luck. Although I wish I was in their (still in the running)shoes, I have to question the way the pilot recruitment dept. goes about its business. It seems they are the very antithesis of what NJA professed to us during our interviews. For a Company that prides itself on the way they treat employees, they leave a lot to be desired in how they treat prospective pilots. This needs to improve or it will surely tarnish their image. Create a hiring pool, communicate in a more timely manner, don't keep people in the dark as to their status, show more respect for those likely to fill the cockpits of your aircraft. To do otherwise means they'll lose top quality candidates when the job market improves.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear the way you were communicated with, MT2. The pilots have voiced their displeasure about what has been happening with the interview process.

With regards to one of those who think that NetJets pilots are overpaid compared to the NBAA figures, you must remember one very important fact.

Typically, NetJets gets twice the crew usage out of a pilot than what most charter to normal corporate companies get out of their pilots. I know many pilots for charter companies who sit at HOME on standby and may only fly 6 days a month with very few overnights. However, a XL or X pilot with NetJets will be away from home at least 14 days and up to as many as 18 days. You can bet that he/she will be flying and earning money for the company almost all of those days.

Therefore, you may say that an XL pilot at NetJets is overpaid, however, he is flying and traveling substantially more than the same XL pilot at most corporate jobs. The NBAA takes all pilots income from all jobs and comes up with an average, it says nothing about crew usage for the amount of money being earned.

All great info guys...Thank you

I dont mean to cut you off because its all great, but are there any of you who had phone interviews in Aug hear anything yet?

I e-mailed the Talent Acquisition department last Friday to check on my status. The e-mailed me back today, basically thanking me for taking the time to do the phone interview in July. The apologized for the amount of time it's taken thus far. They said they hope to have communication out to me shortly.

It's not a "no".

Latest resources

Back