NJA DONE hiring for '08 ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They also pay G200 and Falcon Capts 115,000 a year
What is sad is AZ thinks $115K is highly paid. :( That is the problem with so many in this industry. I guess they are happy making 45K and trying to pull the rest of us down. :mad: Or maybe we should be working 300 days a year for that pay. Maybe your calling is in management as a negotiator. Anyways, the Frac business model is NOT the airline model. But maybe you have been sucking down the :puke: B19 kool-aid.

Right now things seem peachy compared to 2002-2003. Not worried yet.

Next, in the past, a day or two would be
rev-ferry-rev-ferry-ferry-rev-ferry.

Now it is
rev-rev-ferry-rev-rev-rev-ferry-rev
You get the idea, or at least the folks in this biz get the idea.

IOE, and weeks off!!??!! Not here, at least not in the last 2 years. Those days are long gone. Your info is old news.

Go back to your RJ and leave the us alone.

edit: this is directed to AZz not flagship, he just got the quote.

Last edited:
Not wishing any ill on any fellow aviators...but am I the only one who thinks the NJ haydays are limited? Fundamentally, how can you pay 400 and XLS captains $115,000 a year and allow them to sit for 30% to 60% of their rotations...that is after weeks "off" waiting for IOE. This screams mid-1990s when UAL and Delta drivers were pulling in massive $$$...only to see it all disappear quite quickly. NJ is great, but do the simple math...it can't last economically. Save up some of the high comp. in an "emergency fund" NJ folks. Let's hope for the best and plan for the worst. Call me crazy.

It's always good to plan for the worst, and hope for the best. With any luck, we'll all be making $300,000 a year someday again!

AZ was simply pointing out how in his opinion some of our pilots are overpaid according to NBAA or what he would call industry average but I was simply saying we have pilots who are underpaid for the equipment they fly so a lot of that evens out. NJA is not a charter company fighting for the lowest bid so they can pick up a trip. If customers wanted that then we would not be so successful.

AZ was simply pointing out how in his opinion some of our pilots are overpaid according to NBAA or what he would call industry average but I was simply saying we have pilots who are underpaid for the equipment they fly so a lot of that evens out. NJA is not a charter company fighting for the lowest bid so they can pick up a trip. If customers wanted that then we would not be so successful.

A job is worth whatever people will do it for. There is no such thing as "under" or "overpaid." These are illusions.

What is sad is AZ thinks $115K is highly paid. :( That is the problem with so many in this industry. I guess they are happy making 45K and trying to pull the rest of us down. :mad: Or maybe we should be working 300 days a year for that pay. Maybe your calling is in management as a negotiator. Anyways, the Frac business model is NOT the airline model. But maybe you have been sucking down the :puke: B19 kool-aid.

Right now things seem peachy compared to 2002-2003. Not worried yet.

Next, in the past, a day or two would be
rev-ferry-rev-ferry-ferry-rev-ferry.

Now it is
rev-rev-ferry-rev-rev-rev-ferry-rev
You get the idea, or at least the folks in this biz get the idea.

IOE, and weeks off!!??!! Not here, at least not in the last 2 years. Those days are long gone. Your info is old news.

Go back to your RJ and leave the us alone.

edit: this is directed to AZz not flagship, he just got the quote.

The fractional model makes more money when the airplane sits. That is clear. The structure to operate and associated costs within are nearly identical. As you've never been a manager, you wouldn't understand the true financial budget it takes to run an operations department, fractional or otherwise. The challenges are nearly identical.
I've never said that pilots don't deserve to get paid well. What I have stated, is that a CBA is always disproportionate to the revenue of the company, thus the financial health of the company and all other employees are placed at risk.

During those rare times when revenue is appropriate for a CBA, it doesn't last long and the union never reacts on it's own when the revenue and the CBA become disproportionate.

Folks...All I was making is an observation. I don't claim to be an expert, just a cog in the wheel like all of you. I have flown less than 100 hours this year, so you are right, my information is not reliable, and I never claimed it to be. Industry averages are just that - I would agree we are all underpaid. With regard to NJ "stuff" - my information is direct from close NJ friends.

It's evident that some emotional intelligence is lacking here if we can't have open discussions on these topics without people looking for anything to grab onto for drama and flame.

No, I don't work for an airline, don't fly an RJ, and don't work in management.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
It's evident that some emotional intelligence is lacking here if we can't have open discussions on these topics without people looking for anything to grab onto for drama and flame.

Good Luck.

Sorry, I guess I was a little hard on ya in the the opening paragraph. I am suffering from CMH cabin fever, I can not be held responsible for my rantings at the end of the day.:nuts:
The rest of that post stands.

Latest resources

Back