• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA DONE hiring for '08 ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not wishing any ill on any fellow aviators...but am I the only one who thinks the NJ haydays are limited? Fundamentally, how can you pay 400 and XLS captains $115,000 a year and allow them to sit for 30% to 60% of their rotations...that is after weeks "off" waiting for IOE. This screams mid-1990s when UAL and Delta drivers were pulling in massive $$$...only to see it all disappear quite quickly. NJ is great, but do the simple math...it can't last economically. Save up some of the high comp. in an "emergency fund" NJ folks. Let's hope for the best and plan for the worst. Call me crazy.

UAL and Delta fly poor people......Our money is paid by a managment increase of a few thousand per month. I'd have no problem if my doctor said it's gonna cost another $100 per visit.

We as a company make money by not flying as much...owners are under contract so the money is already there. Our salaries are already figured into the owner costs, and if the planes aren't flying we're saving money on maintenance and fuel etc... we still have the same money coming in is the key to the whole operation.

From what we're told, flying hours are down but ownership and marqie (sp.) owners have increased...Remember our planes are owned by the owners, NJ basically manages them for a large fee.

Not wishing any ill on any fellow aviators...but am I the only one who thinks the NJ haydays are limited? Fundamentally, how can you pay 400 and XLS captains $115,000 a year and allow them to sit for 30% to 60% of their rotations...that is after weeks "off" waiting for IOE. This screams mid-1990s when UAL and Delta drivers were pulling in massive $$$...only to see it all disappear quite quickly. NJ is great, but do the simple math...it can't last economically. Save up some of the high comp. in an "emergency fund" NJ folks. Let's hope for the best and plan for the worst. Call me crazy.

Ok you are crazy and limited in knowledge to boot. Happy??

RNObased, relax. Why so offensive...worried?

Those are interesting statistics...doesn't negate the fact that in aviation, the good times are cyclical...just ask anyone whose been around the merry-go-round more than once.

RNObased, by the way, I never claimed to have a bunch of knowlege on the issue. It's just basic math...so relax. I'll keep my family off your jet, for sure.

AZ T

AZT said;

I never claimed to have a bunch of knowlege on the issue. It's just basic math...so relax. I'll keep my family off your jet, for sure

Semore:

I believe your statement above.

Your airline mathmatical formula is askew when applied to Fractionals.

Have you not noticed the expansion in the Fractional industry over the decline in the Majors?

Using your logic, a cycle in the Fractional industry has not yet been completed.

Time will tell.

You guys are way to touchy about your company. RELAX

Touchy? Hardly. Frustrated though. Another first time poster comes in with rumors. Look at all the areas on this web site and you people slamming each other's company instead of the dough heads that are driving most of them into the dirt.

A lot of the rumors are based upon the failed models of the airlines. Fractionals are completely different. A lot are from people who just love to profess doom and gloom trying to find some way to feel good about themselves, even if that means seeing others suffer as much or more than they are. Yet others love to see their wisdom in print and do the "I told you so...." IF the rumor comes true.

I would love to see a time before I retire when pilots go back to ribbing each other and their companies in fun. And a time when pilots can feel good that at least some are secure in these turbulent times.

Remember, most of us have been through lots of good and bad times, and it ain't our fault. Place the blame and angst towards those that deserve it-the caretaker CEOs, CFOs, etc.

RNObased, relax. Why so offensive...worried?

Those are interesting statistics...doesn't negate the fact that in aviation, the good times are cyclical...just ask anyone whose been around the merry-go-round more than once.

RNObased, by the way, I never claimed to have a bunch of knowlege on the issue. It's just basic math...so relax. I'll keep my family off your jet, for sure.

AZ T

Not worried in the least, just sick of people posting stuff without any sort of knowledge, but I guess it is Flight Info and that that is what is done.

This isn't a airline and 115,000 isn' that much money, really it isn't.

Your math is wrong also I don't think I have to worry about you being on my jet, I'm pretty safe in that regard:rolleyes:

BTW, if you admit you don't have any knowledge in a subject why post something about it??? Ahh, nevermind.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back